Thread: Sauflon Clariti, ECP only CL's

OptiBoard Professional gibby2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Sauflon Clariti, ECP only CL's

Anyone else with experience fitting this product? It's my lens for new spherical fits. Going I want to avoid J&J, CIBA ect as much as possible. It's a Si Hy lens with good inital comfort however not as "reliable" as AV Oasys. What I mean is you can fit an Oasys and the vast majority of the time there are no significant issues from the px or my assesment of the surface of th lens. Even when I fit too tight with the 8.4 BC. Patients are happy! The bottom line!
    With the Clariti lens there are a significant number of fits that have an instant lipid film as soon as the lens is inserted. So I assume the surface treatment of the silicone polymer may be inconsistent. Bottom line more refits to another lens vs Oasys!

Hmmm I guess I have to look up what treatment they use to "make" the Si hydrophilic.

Sauflon claims to supply lenses only to ECPs'

Thanks
    AA

Occupation
    Optometrist
    The real question you have to ask is - Why are you fitting this lens? I have a Clariti fitting set gathering dust in the office. If the lens is inferior to a mass-market lens, but you capture more patients with it, are you really doing what is in your patient's best interest?

I typically fit mass-market disposables because they tend to work better than the ECP only ones (Cooper was a notable exception, but of course that is long in the past). Price them at a point that you're comfortable. You will have some patients shopping around but really, it's not too hard to compete with Clearly. The best place to differentiate yourself is in the specialty/RGP fits anyway.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by asifahmed View Post
    Anyone else with experience fitting this product? It's my lens for new spherical fits. Going I want to avoid J&J, CIBA ect as much as possible. It's a Si Hy lens with good inital comfort however not as "reliable" as AV Oasys. What I mean is you can fit an Oasys and the vast majority of the time there are no significant issues from the px or my assesment of the surface of th lens. Even when I fit too tight with the 8.4 BC. Patients are happy! The bottom line!
    With the Clariti lens there are a significant number of fits that have an instant lipid film as soon as the lens is inserted. So I assume the surface treatment of the silicone polymer may be inconsistent. Bottom line more refits to another lens vs Oasys!

Hmmm I guess I have to look up what treatment they use to "make" the Si hydrophilic.

Sauflon claims to supply lenses only to ECPs'

Thanks
    AA
    You've got me flummoxed! You're happy your patients don't notice that comfortable tight lens? All tight lenses feel good initially.....the bottom line: Corneal health or
    duped patient.
    With all the choices of good sil/hy materials why are you beating this dead horse? This is a very disheartening post by an Under-educated Retailer!
    WE SEE THINGS NOT AS THEY ARE, BUT AS WE ARE..... Anais Nin

Thread Information