Thread: Need CE hours for NC 2011?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Need CE hours for NC 2011?

I purchased my 8 CE hour cards for North Carolina, 2011 (the orange cards you need to have to enter) and do not need them. If you are interested please reply. NC state board approved, I checked and they are not assigned to anyone's license, so anyone can use them. These are the same cards you would purchase when you get to the seminar for, just less expensive. $125 (the reduced rate I paid for paying my NCOA dues).
    Last edited by Crystal-Opt2; 05-16-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Optical Educator
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi Crystal-Opt2,

Not to be a goody-two-shoes here, but it is completely against the rules to share/sell CE credits. Opticians must actually attend the CE courses to earn the credits in good faith.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Laurie, correct me if I'm mistaken, but arn't the cards she's selling just to get into a seminar? ( she's not selling credit hours)

Optical Educator
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi 24/7,

Oooops, my misunderstanding,

If that is the case, and the attendee actually attends, then of course... Perhaps I 'assumed' otherwise. Have never heard of buying CE edu slots way ahead of time, usually purchased through pre-registration or at the conference.

Maybe Crystal can clarify.

: )

Laurie

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They are in fact just to get you in to the classes, not the actual CE's. We purchase them as a package when paying our dues to the opticians assoc. and get a discounted rate on the required 8 hours. I don't think anyone would want to take our classes twice to be able to sell one, most are hard enough to sit thru the first time.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

2011 Hours

Yes, they are the prepaid cards I purchased when I paid my NCOA dues. I do not need them because I already got my hours at a seminar Dr. Warren Mc Donald offered at Methodist University in Fayetteville, NC. I can't get my money back from the association, so I though I would be nice and pass along the discounted rate $125 to another NC optician that still needs their hours. If you know one have them e-mail me. Hope this clarifies things a little better.

Optical Educator
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi Crystal,

Please accept my apologies for my previous response, I completely misunderstood. In Florida, we sometimes see opticians trying to 'move credits around', and I thought that was the case.

I'm sorry! : (

And, it is very cool of you to pass on the savings, and particulary cool that you are a member of your state association.

: )

Laurie

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi Crystal! I recently moved to the Fayetteville area and wanted to know how you heard about the CE class being given in Fayetteville? I would love to attend next year. Thanks!:)

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by thatNCoptician View Post
    Hi Crystal! I recently moved to the Fayetteville area and wanted to know how you heard about the CE class being given in Fayetteville? I would love to attend next year. Thanks!:)
    Not sure if I responded to you or not, so I'll post. Dr. Warren McDonald is a friend of mine and came by my office and left the information. There is also one in Wilmington, but I don't know that date. Where do you work? I work at Professional Opticians on Owen Dr.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks Crystal. As to notification, every Optician in the state was mailed a brochure regarding the Fayetteville Seminars, as well as Charlotte and Wilmington. We used mailing labels purchased from the NC State Board of Opticians, so they should have been up to date, but we received a number back for each mailing. Please make sure your address and contact information is available at the board office. We will be offering another seminar in Fayetteville next year as well. It will be tentatively the second Sunday in January and will be held on the campus of Methodist University. More information will follow about that meeting as the details are finalized.

Welcome to Fayetteville!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks for the info! I did receive the information in reference to the class in Wilmington (which is where I am from), but I was in the process of moving at the time and could not attend. I currently work at The Optical Shop in CFEA (Metromedical Drive). I have heard wonderful things about Professional Opticians!

Thank you, Dr. Mcdonald!

Thread Information