Thread: Facebook Account for business

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Facebook Account for business

Hi,

Im just wondering is creating an facebook account for your business helps you? If does whats your facebook account address?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    adding to this questions, we've had a facebook page for a while .... not many people i guess we gotta ask them to join.... any tips on how you guys ask your customers to join your facebook page

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well.....a lot of firms advertise that they are on Facebook.

Occupation
    Don't forget that you need to keep it updated daily (that means every day, faithfully) or you will lose customers interest. This is the reason why many companies don't get the results that they should.

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    Don't forget that you need to keep it updated daily (that means every day, faithfully) or you will lose customers interest. This is the reason why many companies don't get the results that they should.
    I disagree. If you update too often you risk people dropping you because it becomes nothing more than meaningless spam. We seem to have hit a peak with our FB account and are finding it hard to surpass the number of members. It's basically like getting someone to subscribe to a mailing list. It's a bit of a balancing act.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes I have a facebook account. To be honest upuntil this past couple of months I havent done anything with it. Now I envite patients to 'like' us on Facebook so they can keep in the loop on products and specials. Later this year I will be using it to broadcast a Maui Jim function at the office. The thing to remember is that when someone 'Like's' you and your posts, all their friends can see your company site. The key is to put out interesting info regularly. Not everyday! Not come buy this or that! Post interesting things related to your office and your patients (with permission). Talk about local events and how your looking forward to seeing everyone there, etc. Then occasionally post a pic of a client in their new fab glasses!
    • Optician
    • Frame Maker/Designer
    • Teacher of the art of crafting handmade eyewear.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We offer online appointing through our FB page, have internet only promos every so often, pts (and prospective pts) can see reviews of the practice from prev pts. We also include product news, and office happenings. It's not daily, but a couple times a week generally.

Occupation
    But who Join or add you? Is it for inner industry marketing or to direct customers? Which is more effective, a blog or FB account?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Both are effective. A Blog is more time consuming and a long term investment, helps in search engines and to compete against online retailers. Facebook, once set up is 1-5 posts a week and it can take anywhere from 1 minute to an hour a day, depending on how much involvement and how you are using, your patients (potential patients) and interactive you are. You can tie both FB into blog and vice versa.
    Blogging depending on how much time you want to put into it can be 1 post a day or 1 post a week. Depends on news and time.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper So I think its not where you make your input as long as you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by opticalcathy

Both are effective. A Blog is more time consuming and a long term investment, helps in search engines and to compete against online retailers. Facebook, once set up is 1-5 posts a week and it can take anywhere from 1 minute to an hour a day, depending on how much involvement and how you are using, your patients (potential patients) and interactive you are.

I have never joined any Facebooks or Twitters or any other of those social pages. However most of those items you have to do to keep up on them I have been doing on my website which takes me from 2- 3 hours a day, but keeps my site on among the top of the list in Alexa ratings. So I think its not where you make your input as long as you do it.

Occupation
    I am going to setup one Now!!! hahah thanks for your contribution ppl. I really enjoy reading opticalcathy blog. Pretty useful for me =D

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We ahve one. I updatre it 2 or 3 times a week, any more often than that and people tend to "unlike" me. You can access my page through my website www.spectacles-direct.com

Let me know what you think, always love a bit of feedback. We are a small community opticians but have 90 members and its FREE!!!

Thread Information