Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Crizal TV Campaign: It's Getting Results!!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

New Crizal TV Campaign: It's Getting Results!!

Since Last Thursday, I've had three client remark/inquire about the new TV commericials for Crizal AR.

One of them said: "Do I have Crizal? They threw everything at the lens, including snow, and made it seem like the best thing since sliced bread!"

Another said: I think I have Crizal Lenses, right?" And I assured them that they do, even showing them that the cleanin cloth I gave them indicated so.

Finally, another one (I think the best one) came in on Saturday:

He was not here for an adjustment, nor a repair, nor an Rx. He was simply driving by, saw I wasn't busy through the window, and asked;

"Did you see that commerical for Crizal Lenses? I think I have Crizal lenses, right? (yes). It's good to see that you always stay on top of the latest technological developments. I count on that!"

FWIW. I think its going to be a very effective campaign.

Barry

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    It's a very strong campaign, and does an excellent job illustrating the benefits of AR. We already do over 80% AR, and mostly Avance, but I'm looking forward to using this campaign as a bridge to more sales.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiWizard OptiBoard Bronze Supporter pezfaerie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    It's effective (and down right annoying) I hate the last tag line about go see your eye doctor, not eyecare professional. But you are right it has been getting people to ask about the product.
    Pez:D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Kudos to Essilor for continuing to raise awareness. Pete, are you getting any feedback on this campaign out in your neck of the woods as of yet?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    While I am glad the campaign is raising A/R awareness, My son asked me if he could get it on his lenses ( told him he already had it which is true) I am disappointed that once again, it is one of the Evil Empires ( Luxottica, Essilor) doing it. Hard enough to sell someone on a PAL that isn't Varilux much less now having sell them on an A/R that isn't Crizal. As most of us know, there are other products that do just as good a job, sometimes better, than the heavily advertised ones, so having to change my lens / AR choice for the patient based on what they saw advertised,tends to annoy me. Yes, I sell Essilor products, they are not my first choice however. So I guess having an "in" on selling an A/R at all should make me grateful.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by davelp View Post
    While I am glad the campaign is raising A/R awareness, My son asked me if he could get it on his lenses ( told him he already had it which is true) I am disappointed that once again, it is one of the Evil Empires ( Luxottica, Essilor) doing it. Hard enough to sell someone on a PAL that isn't Varilux much less now having sell them on an A/R that isn't Crizal. As most of us know, there are other products that do just as good a job, sometimes better, than the heavily advertised ones, so having to change my lens / AR choice for the patient based on what they saw advertised,tends to annoy me. Yes, I sell Essilor products, they are not my first choice however. So I guess having an "in" on selling an A/R at all should make me grateful.
    I think this is a great point.

People bash Essilor and maybe they are right to do it. But it just seems like the other competitors (major ones, not independents) are apathetic. They just have never seemed to put the work into their campaigns and growth like Essilor has.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I think the campaign might raise expectations for Crizal too much. People might expect it not to craze.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Alrhough i too have experienced the crazing, i think they have licked this now.
    Besides, they always warranteed this and any other defect

B

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Why bother with replacing defective product when you can get it done right the first time?
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've found being close to a camera store does well with me and Zeiss. I love the materials they give us for Purecoat. Anything to bring public awareness about A/R works for me.
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think it's good to raise awareness of a/r, but if someone came in asking for it by name, I would say that we use a similar product that I think is better. I'm in love with super high vision from hoya, and we do little to no essilor... Plus I'm always confused by which crizal of the week is the best.

Barticus Prime - Optibot opticianbart's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optilady1 View Post
    I think it's good to raise awareness of a/r, but if someone came in asking for it by name, I would say that we use a similar product that I think is better. I'm in love with super high vision from hoya, and we do little to no essilor... Plus I'm always confused by which crizal of the week is the best.
    I'm with you, my preference is Teflon though. Jana mentioned purecoat which we tried as soon as our zeiss rep told us of it. First 1 came crazed, and the next 2 crazed before leaving the store so we switched back to teflon and haven't had any major problems since. Although to be honest we probably just got a bad batch.
    Bart Smith, continuing to be awesome since 1982 so that you don't have to.

Love is a duet, each voice complementing each other and making them sound better than they would alone, each voice at times stepping back and letting the other shine. We've got a pretty good duet going Tina.

On April 28th, I'll be marrying my best friend. I can't wait!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by opticianbart View Post
    I'm with you, my preference is Teflon though. Jana mentioned purecoat which we tried as soon as our zeiss rep told us of it. First 1 came crazed, and the next 2 crazed before leaving the store so we switched back to teflon and haven't had any major problems since. Although to be honest we probably just got a bad batch.
    What can you put teflon on? Shamire products? I hate the carat stuff they've been putting on the shamire, it isn't slippery enough. Also, who makes it? I can't remember. Care to school me?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optilady1 View Post
    What can you put teflon on? Shamire products? I hate the carat stuff they've been putting on the shamire, it isn't slippery enough. Also, who makes it? I can't remember. Care to school me?
    Teflon is a Zeiss product. Don't quote me on this, but I think it's only available with Zeiss products.

I could be wrong though.
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by opticianbart View Post
    I was just scrolling down through the thread looking for a good place to say exactly this. All of us at this practice are slowly reverting back to Teflon after using purecoat for a while. I find it harder to keep clean, the residual reflection is more noticeable and we've had more issues with sensitivity to crazing and peeling than with Teflon. I know in a thread somewhere Darryl M. explained why they chose to go with the bluish hue but frankly I'm not seeing the benefit.
    "Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it." - Benjamin Franklin.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Teflon is the only AR we had customer complaints about because of the blue color. I liked it, but we got a couple of them that were extra bright blue. Dunno why.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I understand that the only way to acheive the ultralow reflectance across multiple indicies is by targeting the deep blue/purple reflex
    B

Barticus Prime - Optibot opticianbart's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jana Lewis View Post
    Teflon is a Zeiss product. Don't quote me on this, but I think it's only available with Zeiss products.

I could be wrong though.
    It is a Zeiss coating, you may be right on the only available on zeiss products I'm not sure. We pretty much use Zeiss everything these days. (Mainly because the University/Hospital Billing Dept. has trouble paying one lab, much less trying to get them to pay bills from a couple labs. I shudder to think about it.)
    Bart Smith, continuing to be awesome since 1982 so that you don't have to.

Love is a duet, each voice complementing each other and making them sound better than they would alone, each voice at times stepping back and letting the other shine. We've got a pretty good duet going Tina.

On April 28th, I'll be marrying my best friend. I can't wait!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Santini View Post
    I understand that the only way to acheive the ultralow reflectance across multiple indicies is by targeting the deep blue/purple reflex
    B
    I remember the old Resolution "color-free" ar about four years back now - it claimed the lowest reflectance on the planet or some such similar thing, but it wasn't blue/purple. IIRC, it was a strange combination of blue, green, and a pale reddish orange on the ones we tried out. But certainly not a straight blue. Those Resolution guys sure had quite the marketing shtick going there for a while. As for the blues in question here, I'd choose Sapphire over Purecoat without hesitation right now. It simply outperforms any other AR we've ever tried by miles.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Teflon is the only AR we had customer complaints about because of the blue color. I liked it, but we got a couple of them that were extra bright blue. Dunno why.
    My mistake. I have Teflon on pretty much all of my recent eyewear and only one with Purecoat. I researched it a bit because looking at the Teflon coating on the pair I'm wearing right now it looks more greenish to me and the Purecoat my coworker is wearing is IMO much more blue (or purplish?) and noticeable. Anyways, for me the color of the Teflon seems more natural. But then again as an optician I live in a world where there are frame colors that are named "ocean cookie" and "confetti" and the like. Never the less, my experience with purecoat is that the quality appears to be less than that of teflon for the reasons I included earlier.
    "Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it." - Benjamin Franklin.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
    I remember the old Resolution "color-free" ar about four years back now - it claimed the lowest reflectance on the planet or some such similar thing, but it wasn't blue/purple. IIRC, it was a strange combination of blue, green, and a pale reddish orange on the ones we tried out. But certainly not a straight blue. Those Resolution guys sure had quite the marketing shtick going there for a while. As for the blues in question here, I'd choose Sapphire over Purecoat without hesitation right now. It simply outperforms any other AR we've ever tried by miles.
    Colour Free actually had less light transmission and more reflections than other ARs. It just did not have a colour.

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    just heard a radio spot 1.pezfaerie, they ended with eyecare professionals, 2 I've always pronounced Crizal as though it would rhyme with whiz all the radio anouncers version would have rhymed with drizzle

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Since we have gone into surfacing much of our work, we have had to find alternatives to Crizal. and we have found more than a few that are excellent quality and fairly priced. Check out Hirsh Optical's CHAD and super CHAD coatings.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Even though we do our own surfacing, when we have an AR job I let the lab do the whole job, except for edging.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Having had worked at a Essilior Partner Lab in the past, the accepted pronunciation was Cris all (short vowel sounds) but I can see someone pronouncing it in Snopp Speak that way ( Can I get some Crizzil on my Spectacizzls? or don't you have it in the Hizzle?)

Thread Information