Thread: Need some tips

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Need some tips

So here is the backstory. I closed my shop last January (2010) rather hastily. We boxed up everything and its been in my basement since then. We had bought the store not realizing some of the mistakes the previous owner had made and was continuing to make. That coupled with the economic environment led to our demise.

All that being said, some time ago before we owned the store, the previous owner had a collection of frames made with his name on them. They are mostly simple monel without spring hinges and several of the styles are dated. Most of them have clips but not polar. There were also quite a few closeouts that he had bought.

I say all that to say this. I have about 4500 frames boxed up in my basement. Thankfully I am employed full time again and don't have a lit of free time. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can liquidate these quickly and easily? I am not attempting to sell them via this posting I am just looking for leads on where to try to sell the whole lot. I don't have a whole lot of free time to pull each one out and photo it and list the quantities and the box and ship smaller orders. I would prefer to just sell the whole thing. I have done several Google searches to no avail.

Help

*Again, I am not attempting to sell through this posting. Just looking for some tips*

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Try ebay, optiboard's marketplace, Johns or Braheem. Those guys may be interested in thousands of frames on the cheap.
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Oh yeah, Johns and Braheem are posters on this board, and those are their "handles".
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Thread Information