Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10,000 FREE eyeglasses to Ontario residents only ...

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

10,000 FREE eyeglasses to Ontario residents only ...

Anyone seen the advertisement on the web and facebook from clearly contacts?

http://www.facebook.com/ClearlyContacts.ca

Looks like the Clearly Contacts empire is spreading to Ontario.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Nothing to worry about here in Ontario . Our College Registrar would not allow illegals to cross over our borders into her territory . She has a ferocious appettite for stopping unauthorized dispensing . BC take notes !

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by idispense View Post
    Nothing to worry about here in Ontario . Our College Registrar would not allow illegals to cross over our borders into her territory . She has a ferocious appettite for stopping unauthorized dispensing . BC take notes !
    That's reassuring to hear. Too bad her board of opticians doesnt feel the same way; I heard theyre pushing for complete delegation, including online dispensing by non opticians.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    That's reassuring to hear. Too bad her board of opticians doesnt feel the same way; I heard theyre pushing for complete delegation, including online dispensing by non opticians.
    Our Registrars own thematic indicates that 93 per cent of opticians are vehemently opposed to delegation. It is very unlikely that the figures could be wrong . Considering that the new draft makes opticians liable to pay the insurance costs for unskilled, untrained, illiterate and uneducated delegatees , then it is very unlikely that opticians will accept this new version of delegation either .
    Last edited by idispense; 03-06-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The MOH has become an embarassment to themselves .They have not renegotiated the MCSS price list that they use to reimburse opticians . That price list is from 1991 .That means it is 20 years old and in fact it is really older than that because in 1991 they only updated a couple of items . The core of that fee schedule is really 30 years old . Now why would opticians , optometrists and the MCSS social service people be willing to accept being paid in 1980 dollars when the MOH boss and employees are paid in 2011 dollars ? Why should opticians and optometry wait 90 days and more to be paid by MOH in 1980 dollars ? It is really not realistic,so should opticians want to comply with requests for delegation by an out of control MOH ?

The MOH indexed pension employeees have had many raises over the years both in salaries and benefits, but as you know they are funding these on the backs of the poor they administer . It is ok for the MOH to force opticians and social service recipients into submission through a 20 plus year old fee schedule while the dear old boys & girls at MOH squander fortunes on E-Health-Scandals .

Delegation will only make opticians poorer while they pay for insurance for delegatees .There is no benefit for opticians to want delegation . It will just put them out of work .
    Last edited by idispense; 03-06-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    One could of course mention that it would cost millions of dollars to opticians to comply with FURRYCO . OF course MOH needs to learn that they will be required to step up to the plate annd fund some of their own desires . Opticians have had enough. Our Registrar knows the figures and where the members stand .

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Idispense......I think I agree with most of what you are saying, but can you please speak your mind in a non sarcastic way so the ambiguity is reduced to a dull roar so that I can follow? You seem to be real ****** off about the same things I am. But it's kind of hard for me to see it clearly. I do like the sarcasm, but its just a little beyond me at this time.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Also, I can't believe the MOH price list is so gall darn old. What the h e double hockey sticks! How come the optician groups are not sitting down with these jerks. Really 20-30yrs. old? I will talk to them tomorrow and at the show......How come I have not done this sooner? How embarassing to explain to a person on ODSP that they only cover $42.20 for frames etc......

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    You see Douglas, the MOH has become an embarassment to themselves .They have not renegotiated the MCSS price list that they use to reimburse opticians . That price list is from 1991 .That means it is 20 years old and in fact it is really older than that because in 1991 they only updated a couple of items . The core of that fee schedule is really 30 years old . Now why would opticians , optometrists and the MCSS social service people be willing to accept being paid in 1980 dolalrs when the MOH boss and employees are paid in 2011 dollars ? Why should opticians and optometry wait 90 days and more to be paid by MOH in 1980 dollars ? It is really not realistic now is it Doug ? So should opticians realistically comply with an out of control MOH ?

Now Douglas, the MOH indexed pension employeees have had many raises over the years both in salaries and benefits, but as you know they are funding these on the backs of the poor they administer . It is ok for the MOH to force opticians and social service recipients into submission through a 20 plus year old fee schedule while the dear old boys & girls at MOH squander fortunes on E-Health-Scandals .

Delegation will only make opticians poorer while they pay for insurance for delegatees . Really these are truly expenses that should belong to employers and MOH as they will be the ones to reap the benefits not opticians.

So you see Douglas that a feint hearted attempt designed to fail is really the proper retribution ?
    It is highly likely that the MOHLTC has nothing to do with MCSS and eyeglasses.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What? I can only bill ODSP which is ..................I don't know which is it? MOHLTC or MCSS?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by haliopt View Post
    What? I can only bill ODSP which is ..................I don't know which is it? MOHLTC or MCSS?
    MCSS.

Keep in mind, while glasses are health and while eye examinations are health, eyeglasses are covered by social services (welfare) and not health care. With the public's continue push to reduce welfare costs, it is people like opticians who suffer through low fees.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    It is highly likely that the MOHLTC has nothing to do with MCSS and eyeglasses.

You must be right FOR LIFE but then maybe you could explain that the address the claims get sent to is :

Ministry of Health & Long Term Care,
    Registration & Claims Branch
    P.O. Box 1700 Station 'A'
    Toronto, Ontario,
    M5W 1G9

The check stops here , so to speak . But I am sure it is probably just a mail drop box for another department ? Right ? WEll you could always just pick up the phone and call the Honorable Minister of Health, ah , I believe the riding would be in London .

Occupation
    You must be right FOR LIFE but then maybe you could explain that the address the claims get sent to is :

Toronto, Ontario,
    M5W 1G9

The check stops here , so to speak . But I am sure it is probably just a mail drop box for another department ? Right ? WEll you could always just pick up the phone and call the Honorable Minister of Health, ah , I believe the riding would be in London .
    All of my MCSS forms always went to MCSS.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What is the address where you send the bill to Haliopt ?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    All of my MCSS forms always went to MCSS.
    take a closer look at where you send them and look at the checks to see who signs them and what department of the Government. Oh and who governs all 22 Colleges ?
    Last edited by idispense; 03-06-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by haliopt View Post
    Also, I can't believe the MOH price list is so gall darn old. What the h e double hockey sticks! How come the optician groups are not sitting down with these jerks. Really 20-30yrs. old? I will talk to them tomorrow and at the show......How come I have not done this sooner? How embarassing to explain to a person on ODSP that they only cover $42.20 for frames etc......
    Have you noticed that ODSP and or MCSS, quite often tell their clients that their glasses are fully paid for ? Now in the dispensary you are left to straighten out this misconception and lie ?
    Last edited by idispense; 03-06-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Occupation
    I would have to check back. I have not been in a dispensary for a few years. But, either way, if it is covered by MCSS, it is done by MCSS. Hence why it is MCSS.

The MOHLTC governs the colleges, but that is irrelevant. Different areas can be funded by different ministries, and there is a good chance that these ministries do not even talk to each other. Take Aboriginal Reserves for instance, they receive money from Health Canada, the MOHLTC and the LHINS. I can tell you, from first hand knowledge, the three agencies do not communicate with each other on what they fund the communities.

Occupation
    And your sarcasm is annoying. There is a better way we can discuss this.

Occupation
    http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/documents/...pport/9_14.pdf

This provides the depth on how the system works. The funding for eye exams and vision aids are from MOHLTC and the glasses are MCSS.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hang on just one cotton picking minute. idepense what are you trying to say..... in 3 sentences, please? I am not sure if I am getting upset at the same crap you are.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am saying unauthorized dispensing is occurring on a big scale in Ontario and it is going unchecked. If it continues we should all request some resignations , with no severance.

I am saying we are fools to accept delegation. The Registrar is insulting us to ask for delegation and ask us to pay for insurance for the delegatees who have no education. If MOH wants delegation they should pay us to implement it.

I am saying MCSS and MOH or which ever you believe is the boss is abusing us & their clients financially and we are fools to accept it.

3 sentences .
    Last edited by idispense; 03-06-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Occupation
    I have no issue with people fighting the system. Just make sure you fight the right ministry.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/documents/...pport/9_14.pdf

This provides the depth on how the system works. The funding for eye exams and vision aids are from MOHLTC and the glasses are MCSS.
    I am looking at an MCSS claim form in my hand right now . At the top it says Ontario MCSS but at the bottom it gives the address to send in the claim form and that address is :

Toronto, Ontario,
    M5W 1G9

Occupation
    And like I said, in that link I posted, it says that the MCSS is billed by the MOHLTC for the eyeglasses. Hence why it is under the department of MCSS. It does not matter who it is mailed to. Why are you chasing after the paymaster and not the actual decision maker?

Occupation
    http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/ab...ter/index.aspx

There you go. You can talk to Madeleine Meilleur

Thread Information