Seriously, this happened today.

Assistant to one of the top management staff stops by the optical shop and hands me a memo stating that there will be an mandatory Ophthalmology staff meeting today a 1:00 in our dept. conference room. And I just looked at her and said "you realize that if I have to be at this I'm going to have to close the shop right?" and she's all "I don't know, I'm just handing out the memo."

So I immediately call up my direct supervisor and before I even say anything I get "Yes Bart I realize you'll have to close down the shop. It'll be fine, the meeting won't be long."

12:40 I put up a sign stating that I'm closed so I can finish up my line of customers. And that was my mistake because I didn't finish with them till 1:30. Then I run to the conference room and it's empty. Eventually I figure out that the meeting was moved to the ophthalmology waiting room (it was nice how no one told me.) So I get over there and join the meeting, and the management is all "it's fine, we understand you were busy."

A few minutes later a patient walks in asking "Where's the optical shop, my glasses need a new screw." The management starts to tell them it's around the corner, and I say "Yeah, but it's closed right now." And the manager looks at me and says -wait for it, wait for it - "but...why is the optical shop closed!?!?!?!"

"... because you TOLD ME I HAD TO BE AT YOUR MEETING!!!!"

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggggg.
plus the meeting had nothing to do with the optical shop and it kept me from getting lunch till 3:00

/end vent

I'm rather annoyed right now.