Thread: Scary Events In Omaha Today..

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Scary Events In Omaha Today..

At 1:00 this afternoon, there was a shooting in the high school I graduated from and the suspect was found deceased as he shot himself. I'm at a loss for words what is wrong with the world today..

http://omaha.com/article/20110105/NE...ncipal-injured

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I wish I had an answer. In fact, I wish I knew why people lash out to hurt others when they themselves are hurt and broken. So sad.
    "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened beings; only enlightened activity." -Shunryu Suzuki

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's been reported that the shooter was a Senior at the high school. Kids were at the 4th period lunch, which predominately has the most kids..

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Here is the newest update. I guess it was on National news today too

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/S...112952214.html

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Too many people have access to guns that don't have the temperament to use them responsibly. At least there's one less now.

It used to be, "I trenched the football field!" You would get suspended for a week.
    Now it's "I trenched the football field! Now I gotta shoot anyone who would dare discipline me!"

Sad, really.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It was sad to hear Omaha was in the news again with bad news. I went to Bryan HS in So. O.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The vice principal, Dr. Kaspar has died from her gunshot wounds. I had her as a teacher and I'm completely upset that this even happened. Such a shame and a blow to the city.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Too many people have access to guns that don't have the temperament to use them responsibly. At least there's one less now.

It used to be, "I trenched the football field!" You would get suspended for a week.
    Now it's "I trenched the football field! Now I gotta shoot anyone who would dare discipline me!"

Sad, really.
    I have been saying that since this even happened. Teachers/Administration can't even discipline these kids now without being afraid for their life..

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    There are far too many kids out there that don't seem to understand in real life you don't RE-SPAWN !! They've spent literally years killing each other and destroying stuff on their computers at home. Some of them kick it up a notch when they get their hands on the real thing. We grew up in a generation of people who had seen the real thing(WW2, Korea, Vietnam) and knew the difference. Not to mention none of these kids know how to be social. Hell, they hardly ever leave their computers, just long enough to get a drink of water and then back to the video carnage. I have no doubt whatsoever why we are hearing more and more these days about death from guns. Sad.
    Last edited by FVCCHRIS; 01-09-2011 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Shpelink airurs
    Chris Beard
    The State of Jefferson !

I'm a Medford man – Medford, Oregon. Up in Medford, we take our time making up our minds."

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I agree with Chris that technology is insolating kids and preventing the development of social skills, I disagree with the assessment that it is the games. How many of us grew up playing D&D? Yet somehow we all didn't grow up to be satanists and murderers. I'm reasonably certain that many kids who are growing up listening to crap, sorry rap aren't going to be gangbangers. Its not the music, its not the games, and its not the technology, ITS THE PARENTS!!!!!!

Thread Information