Thread: Zenni Optical beware of purchasing online

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Zenni Optical beware of purchasing online

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Good catch, recoach5......but what do you expect out of a garage perched on a sand dune hillside residential area, in California?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Here's another good site, this particular page is about LC:
    http://lenscrafters.******consumer.com/

Oops, I see the censorbot got that. try substituting for the asterisks dessip (backwards)
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by uncut View Post
    Good catch, recoach5......but what do you expect out of a garage perched on a sand dune hillside residential area, in California?
    Do they actually have a physical prescence in this country?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I love that people kept going on and on about how wonderful the place is...

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Bad address email on file uniqueu's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Huh Zenni optical not providing good customer service for a $8 pair of eyeglasses what a shock. If you pay $8 you deserve $8 worth of customer service.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Michael P, who has the temerity to compare a vision correcting device to...footwear. Good job, good job.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Not what I was trying to do drk, and you know that. The complaint in the first post in this thread about Zenni has nothing to do with optics or quality, but with customer service.

You know I'm all for discussing the issues involved online sales on the merits, but fear-mongering shouldn't find a home here of all places.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
    Not what I was trying to do drk, and you know that. The complaint in the first post in this thread about Zenni has nothing to do with optics or quality, but with customer service.

You know I'm all for discussing the issues involved online sales on the merits, but fear-mongering shouldn't find a home here of all places.
    No,it's a little more than that. In this instance the customer never received the glasses and after many time consuming phone calls, not only got a total run-around but also got told to f.. off. NOW, what if this customer had received his glasses and there was something wrong with the Rx or style or anything? Same run-around and finally told to f...off? A quality seller of eyewear must also have quality people to deal with customer service to find out what the problem is with their purchase.If no one speaks English well enough to listen and they really don't care what the complaint is, I think these online customers got what they paid for. Cheap ! Cheap ! Cheap!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rdcoach5 View Post
    No,it's a little more than that. In this instance the customer never received the glasses and after many time consuming phone calls, not only got a total run-around but also got told to f.. off. NOW, what if this customer had received his glasses and there was something wrong with the Rx or style or anything? Same run-around and finally told to f...off? A quality seller of eyewear must also have quality people to deal with customer service to find out what the problem is with their purchase.If no one speaks English well enough to listen and they really don't care what the complaint is, I think these online customers got what they paid for. Cheap ! Cheap ! Cheap!
    Just what determines "wrong" with Rx eyewear? If you tacitly agree that OTC readers are "Ok"' even if they are not the appropriate power or induce prism beyond ANSI standards, then I ask how any ECP can hang their shield on a statement that *any* eyewear, no matter where it is purchased, can be classed as 'wrong'?

IMHO

B

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Santini View Post
    Just what determines "wrong" with Rx eyewear? If you tacitly agree that OTC readers are "Ok"' even if they are not the appropriate power or induce prism beyond ANSI standards, then I ask how any ECP can hang their shield on a statement that *any* eyewear, no matter where it is purchased, can be classed as 'wrong'?

IMHO

B
    Barry, that's the point. Wrong would be vertical prism 1/2 diop or horizontal 2.00 diop . Wrong would be different base curves for each eye or waves in the lenses. Wrong would be anything out of Ansi standards.

Now, over the counter readers are mostly in the 2.00 diop range and thus would need the PD to be off 10 mm for the person to be out of standard. He/She would of course notice the difference between a pair made to the correct PD and thus I agree too many DR.s in my opinion recommend them to their patients, trying to save them money.

Good example: Any patient with a signicant Rx I have seen will have experienced trouble with their Rx at one time in their past. These people know that even with the best efforts of their ECPs there could be problems with their Rx and are extremely unlikely to try any type of discount seller of eyeglasses. In this industry you have pretty much have always gotten what you paid for.

SO, if your point is that the person likely to purchase online has a cupcake Rx, I agree, that they might be OK, maybe. Anyone with a -9.00 +1.25x125 +2.50 add Rx who orders online is foolish and will learn the hard way.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    SO, if your point is that the person likely to purchase online has a cupcake Rx, I agree, that they might be OK, maybe. Anyone with a -9.00 +1.25x125 +2.50 add Rx who orders online is foolish and will learn the hard way.
    Anyone with that high RX is more likely to try online! Because of the price difference!
    Look up a price of Freeform Poly progressive lenses from $39glasses,com! Hard to refuse!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by uniqueu View Post
    Huh Zenni optical not providing good customer service for a $8 pair of eyeglasses what a shock. If you pay $8 you deserve $8 worth of customer service.
    hey, come on now. I paid about 8 bucks for my McValue meal, and I'm pretty happy with my service.

Bad address email on file uniqueu's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ya but how many times have you order a Mc Value meal and they forgot the frys.:angry: Then you have to get out of your car and go in to get the frys. Hate that.:bbg:

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Barry, that's the point. Wrong would be vertical prism 1/2 diop or horizontal 2.00 diop .?????? Wrong would be different base curves for each eye or waves in the lenses. (not necessarily anymore. FF technology makes best form BC departures possible.) Wrong would be anything out of Ansi standards.
    (IMHO, "wrong" is anytime the client can't see the way they want to, and it's possible to make it happen for them. Conversly, "good" is anytime they see to their satisfaction...even if its using someone else's *expired* Rx)

Now, over the counter readers are mostly in the 2.00 diop range and thus would need the PD to be off 10 mm for the person to be out of standard. He/She would of course notice the difference between a pair made to the correct PD and thus I agree too many DR.s in my opinion recommend them to their patients, trying to save them money.
    Again, this is one man's (mine) opinion...

B

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by uniqueu View Post
    Ya but how many times have you order a Mc Value meal and they forgot the frys.:angry: Then you have to get out of your car and go in to get the frys. Hate that.:bbg:
    Get 3 blocks away and discover you don't have a straw!!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAurelius View Post
    Get 3 blocks away and discover you don't have a straw!!
    I hate that :( Or when you go on lunch and you ask for ketchup, you get back to work and there aren't any. Or when they don't put napkins in the bag. Grr! :angry: :bbg:

Thread Information