Thread: Avesis Help

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician

Avesis Help

While going through my Avesis EOB's I noticed we are paying about 10 dollars a patient to see Avesis members.

Example: 92004 ($85) Paid $35
    Refract ($25) Paid $0
    v2020 ($195) Paid $40
    v2784 ($99) Paid $0
    Total Paid by Avesis $75
    Lab Back Charge (-)105

Pt Paid $60 OOP (So I get the whole sale of the frame and that is it)

Anyone else having probs like this or suggestions for me?
    Last edited by Pvtcjhalo; 10-28-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: pressed enter to soon
    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
    ~Josh Billings~

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We, after signing contract for more than 100 stores, had Avesis start adding write-offs and other BS into their EOBs. You have to accept the ones allowed by contract, but they have this nasty habit of doubling or just plain adding W/Os wherever the hell they feel like doing so.

Every few months this happens and we have to sic the legal department on them. Our contractual writeoff amount per exam is only $5 with avesis no matter what we charge for the exam.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    One store private practice.....no legal team :( Monday morning will be doing a lot of math. We ended up droping Davis last year, Avesis may be going the same way.
    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
    ~Josh Billings~

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The office I worked at previously took Avesis and we were informed they started charging $10 per patient for us to see them. Needless to say...they dropped Avesis ASAP. I think it's asinine for a vision insurance company to charge a private practice to see patients but then again insurance rules the world and tells US what to do. :angry:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Keri_Leigh27 View Post
    The office I worked at previously took Avesis and we were informed they started charging $10 per patient for us to see them. Needless to say...they dropped Avesis ASAP. I think it's asinine for a vision insurance company to charge a private practice to see patients but then again insurance rules the world and tells US what to do. :angry:
    Insurance companies don't rule the world, just Americans. We have public health care, ACC (Accident Compensation) and no one sues - no one becomes a millionairre based on their own stupidity (drinking coffee that's too hot and suing) ... Ah living in paradise

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by MarySue View Post
    Insurance companies don't rule the world, just Americans. We have public health care, ACC (Accident Compensation) and no one sues - no one becomes a millionairre based on their own stupidity (drinking coffee that's too hot and suing) ... Ah living in paradise
    Insurance rules my world. They told me which hospital and doctor I had to use for a particular surgery I had done last Friday. :angry:

Thread Information