Thread: Dodge ball anyone?

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Dodge ball anyone?

Hello to all,

It has been brought to my attention that Dodge ball is on the outs as a game to be played on school campuses. So I'm scratching my head and thinking to myself what's next?

You know if you walk around with a pencil in your hand you run the risk of tripping and falling and therefore doing bodily damage to ones own person. In fact having a pencil or pen at all could be dangerous because they are pointed objects! OH MY GOD!!! Our children are all in for a slaughter by they're own hands and the schools should be doing something about it. I mean really! Making those poor children do homework or school work is just an accident waiting to happen! AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! The horror. The horror. ;)

I know there are some out there that would say "But Darris Dodge ball is a game where the objective is to hit another child with a ball and subsequently hurting that child." I say bullshava! And I say "bullshava" because the people that would say that are all idiots and should be hit with Dodge balls themselves until they are unconscious :) Kids can get hit with the ball during basket ball too so do we ban it as an activity? Kids can fall and get hurt riding a bicycle, roller skating, roller blading or anything else that kids do on a regular basis. Dodge ball is out but football is still okay, soccer is still okay. Shoot Texas is one of the states that is inlisting this cockamamy rule in ourpublic schools BUT Hockey is on the rise as a local sport for kids of all ages.

So does anyone but me think that insanity played a big part in making this rule? Does anyone but me see a problem with this? I look at it like this; there are many that feel that they know what's best when in fact they don't and they prove it time and time again in big ways. They end up looking foolish and, do themselves, become the stereotypical people that they swear they are not. I just don't get it and when did the inmates start running the prison?

My tyraid for now,

Darris C.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Preschoolers have been suspended for shooting each other using thier fingers for guns. A child in Michigan is being procecuted for pointing a toy gun at some of his pears and saying: "Bang Bang you're dead." The United Way is not supporting the Boy Scouts of America for not allowing gay scoutmasters (send your money you would have given to the United Way to the Boy Scouts).

The world has gone mad.

If there is hope, it lies in the proles.

Emanuel Goldstein

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    chip anderson said:
    Preschoolers have been suspended for shooting each other using thier fingers for guns. A child in Michigan is being procecuted for pointing a toy gun at some of his pears and saying: "Bang Bang you're dead." The United Way is not supporting the Boy Scouts of America for not allowing gay scoutmasters (send your money you would have given to the United Way to the Boy Scouts).

The world has gone mad.

If there is hope, it lies in the proles.

Emanuel Goldstein
    Chip,

I must say that I am impressed. The world has gone mad and I'm afraid at the hands of people that have no business having control over there own bladders let alone our lives. Hopefully there will be some reprieve from this in the near future, but in the mean time if my duaghter wants to play Dodge ball then she has my permission. I dread the day she has to go back into public school because I just know that things will transpire that I'm not going to agree with and I'm not going to sit quietly when they do. The public school system around here has no idea what's coming their way. ;)

One thing I need to ask though. Isn't the saying above Goerge Orwell and not Emanuel Goldstien?

Darris C.

Thread Information