Thread: HRK-7000 Wavefront Auto Refractor/Keratometer

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

HRK-7000 Wavefront Auto Refractor/Keratometer

Have any some experience with this AR/K?
    If you have, please share this with us.
    I am looking, maybe, to by this. So, every suggestion is welcome.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am sorry, I forgot to tell that this AR/K is made by Huvitz.
    Again, any recommendation, experience... is welcome.

Thanks in advance

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I think it is a great unit. Specifically the HRK7000A model, which has autotracking, etc. Much better than the HRK7000 model, in my opinion. Although I am not an OD user, I have about 10-years experience in servicing this brand, and am very impressed with the company itself over in S. Korea.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist

Huvitz 7000 series digital refractor and phoropter

Hi, I'm thinking about buying the Huvitz digital refraction system with the HDR-7000, HRK-7000AW (with wavefront and autotracking), as well as the HLM-7000 Lensmeter. Is Huvitz reliable, easy to use, and accurate? Their design seems much slicker than the "brand" name products but that's just my opinion. Would appreciate any input and advice you have. Thanks.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by phammo2000 View Post
    Hi, I'm thinking about buying the Huvitz digital refraction system with the HDR-7000, HRK-7000AW (with wavefront and autotracking), as well as the HLM-7000 Lensmeter. Is Huvitz reliable, easy to use, and accurate? Their design seems much slicker than the "brand" name products but that's just my opinion. Would appreciate any input and advice you have. Thanks.

All the name brands, like Nidek and Topcon, are overpriced these days. Reichert has just launched a new one, too. The Huvitz autoref is quite accurate. Their HDR-7000 brings that data right in as your starting point for the subject refraction, which is great. No wasted time dialing it all into a manual phoroptor.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by phammo2000 View Post
    I am capable and willing to assist you with any information that you may require or questions that you may have regarding this system. Let me know and I will get in touch with you to discuss the system.
    Last edited by mgaynor2; 03-22-2012 at 10:22 AM.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    the HRK7000 typically is accurate with cyl but typically undershoots on myopia. It is also quite inaccurate with media opacities, irregular K's and OSD.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by jones150 View Post
    the HRK7000 typically is accurate with cyl but typically undershoots on myopia. It is also quite inaccurate with media opacities, irregular K's and OSD.
    Jones, I have this system in my office, and from what I can tell, whatever machine you are talking about sounds like it is either requiring calibration, or someone has messed with the settings on it. This machine is the most highly accurate autorefractor that I have ever used. I should add, that my model is the 7000AW, Wavefront Abberometer version of this autorefractor. I also should add that yes, it has OCCASIONAL problems with severe media opacities and severe OSD, but what AR/K doesn't? These pieces of equipment are not made to take our place. They are meant to assist the doctor. At least that is my understanding. I have irregular K's and mine is spot on for me.
    Last edited by Idoc2020; 03-22-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist

how to use 7000A for wavefront

I have a 7000A system and would like to know if it can be used for wavefront measurements. The "manual" must have been written by someone who was barely fluent in English, so any detailed explanations are worthless. If my system can't currently do wavefront readings, can it be upgraded and by whom? I've heard that Coburn is now an authorized Huvitz dealer in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoc2020 View Post
    Jones, I have this system in my office, and from what I can tell, whatever machine you are talking about sounds like it is either requiring calibration, or someone has messed with the settings on it. This machine is the most highly accurate autorefractor that I have ever used. I should add, that my model is the 7000AW, Wavefront Abberometer version of this autorefractor. I also should add that yes, it has OCCASIONAL problems with severe media opacities and severe OSD, but what AR/K doesn't? These pieces of equipment are not made to take our place. They are meant to assist the doctor. At least that is my understanding. I have irregular K's and mine is spot on for me.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Any updated reviews on the Huvitz 7000a?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Mine just stopped reading Ks recently and I can't figure out why. I've asked some members with experience with them to see if they can help me to figure out and fix the problem.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by javguy View Post
    Mine just stopped reading Ks recently and I can't figure out why. I've asked some members with experience with them to see if they can help me to figure out and fix the problem.
    I ended up having to send it to Veatch for repair and they were very helpful. One of the LEDs for the keratometer was out and the USPS damaged it in shipping, so we're filing a claim with the USPS b/c it was insured.

Veatch was very quick to return it and I'm pleased with their service.

Thread Information