National Sales Manager (Optical Lab products)
Location: United States, near major airport prefered
Headquarters: Louisville Ky
Travel Required: 50 -75%
Job Type: Full Time
Vision Dynamics is a uniquely positioned provider of ophthalmic lenses and finished eyewear to optical labs, chains and independent optical outlets. Vision Dynamics is a multifaceted company that produces the following products:
· Highly competitive direct to Rx lenses in clear and photochromic materials
· Surfaced lenses and finished eyewear in a wide range of materials
· Specialized filter lenses for the safety and sporting markets
· In office lens production and coating equipment
· Custom optical products designed by our skilled in house development group
Vision Dynamics provides a fast paced small company environment where the individual has a significant opportunity to be recognized for strong performance. Vision Dynamics is uniquely positioned with a strong team to support the efforts of the successful candidate.
The National Sales Manager is responsible for developing sales strategies and selling Vision Dynamics products to large and small chain optical retailers and other quantity oriented lens buyers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluating Vision Dynamics competitive strengths and developing sales strategies and product promotions to leverage these strengths
- Identifying significant customer needs that Vision Dynamics is uniquely positioned to fulfill.
- Responsible for developing monthly sales forecasts, as well as call reports
- Reports to management team weekly via e-mail or telephone to report sales activity, effectiveness of promotions, competitive issues, general sales performance, etc.
- Provides feedback to management team on process and product improvements
- Expands and grows current market share and sales volume by working synergistically with other members of the Vision Dynamics team.
- Actively prospects and conducts cold calls to identify new business opportunities
- Periodically attends optical industry trade shows take advantage of networking opportunities and promote Vision Dynamics products and services.
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships with clients by delivering reliable, high value customer service
- Adheres to Vision Dynamics policies while providing exceptional service to Vision Dynamics customers
- This is a full time employee position with a base salary, and a strong commission structure.
- 30k base salary
- Aggressive commission plan with high potential
- Competitive medical and dental plan
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong and well developed sales skills
- Demonstrated willingness to travel extensively with occasional overnight stays;
- Ability to effectively deliver new ideas and concepts to eyeglass lens buyers
- Solid PC Skills – Proficient in Excel and Word
- Knowledge of sales/inventory order submission systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently; extremely thorough and well organized
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Sound business judgment and excellent negotiation skills.
Education and/or Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2 -3 years outside sales experience preferred; optical industry experience is mandatory
- Demonstrated track record of success in a sales role as well as territory management, ideally from an optical background
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record required
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
To learn more about the company, visit our website at: www.opticaldynamics.com
Reply confidentially to email@example.com