Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VSP Buys Capitol Optical Lab in Olympia WA

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    Actually, VSP has secretly purchased 2 clinics, one in California as a test. Where the other one is I am not sure. VSP is also allowing a few 10 Optician owned practices to be VSP providers (with reduced reimbursements). In all cases, they have signed non-disclosure agreements, and for the Opticians they cannot reveal in any advertising that they are VSP providers, the patient has to walk in and ask. I have talked to people in both circumstances.
    I would love to know who these 2 clinics are. Would you care to enlighten us?
    Please share with us the Optician owned practices as well. Feel free to PM me if you do not wish to share publicly. If you really have talked to them, I would expect you'll reply in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    The best thing they could do is to just go away :)
    Oh really? And what impact do you think that would have on the market for Private Practice docs? Please explain your thoughts.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    I would like to note that in April VSP revoked the contracts of 2 Seattle-Tacoma area labs, Capitol Optical and Noveau. .
    I also found out at VEW that VSP never cut Capitol. They were part of the partner lab program until the day they were purchased.
    Last edited by racethe1320; 10-11-2010 at 04:19 PM.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Angry One of the worst.....

I only dealt with this lab for a few months before VSP bought them. In my opinion, it was one of the worst labs I ever dealt with. Doesn't surprise me they were bought out by VSP. It was always one problem after another, like constant 'breakages' which would add weeks to an already overdue job, coatings that were very poor quality, prescription problems, lenses falling out of frames, and MAJOR problems with billing. We had to stay constantly on top of the invoices, or we would be GROSSLY overbilled. I suppose a huge accounts receivable would possibly look like a great asset to the buyer. And now that VSP owns them, good luck getting any warranty problems solved or billing problems (of which there are many) resolved.

Just my own personal experience.

OptiWizard OptiBoard Bronze Supporter pezfaerie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by racethe1320 View Post
    I would love to know who these 2 clinics are. Would you care to enlighten us?
    Please share with us the Optician owned practices as well. Feel free to PM me if you do not wish to share publicly. If you really have talked to them, I would expect you'll reply in one way or another.
    Call Vsp provider line and ask them about the Marchon Preferred Provider Program. Then ask them who the participants are if you really want to know. I'm sure that the participating offices don't wan't to say anything for fear of losing the ability to be part of it. And it sounds to me like sharpstick777 is on top of the game.
    Last edited by pezfaerie; 03-17-2011 at 04:54 PM. Reason: I hate when I get suked into old posts :P
    Pez:D

Thread Information