Thread: Hit and Run in Fort Worth, TX

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hit and Run in Fort Worth, TX

Chante J. Mallard, a 25-year-old nursing aide, told police she hit a man along a Fort Worth highway on Oct. 26, then ignored his cries for help as she drove home with him stuck to her car, according to an affidavit.
    cnn.com story
    Exactly how does someone drive down a highway with a body stuck to their windshield and not get noticed by someone?

Mistaken identity perhaps, the bugs aren't that big in Texas are they?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Jo, it's not that hard to have mistaken identities. I hunt, and there have been times in the Missouri woods that I have mistaken a large dragonfly for a flying quail (yes, I DO need to have my glasses changed.)

By the way, if you are ever around my hometown of New Britain, please give a wave for me. Thanks!!

Bob V.

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

OH MY GAWD!

She would have had to been drunk or something. I cannot imagine a sane, rational person would have done this. What kind of friends must she have if they went along with this and helped her dump the body.

She heard him cry for at least a day and did nothing. I cannot fathom this kind of disregard. I hope they fry her ***!:angry:
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Actually, according to the news report, she was drunk and high on ecstacy. But, I would think you would have to come off your high sometime within 8 hours.

To keep the guy stuck in your windshield for two days, though, I think is a bit much.

Bob V.

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    BobV said:
    To keep the guy stuck in your windshield for two days, though, I think is a bit much.

Bob V.
    Yep, you'd have thought she would have been to the car wash...
    :hammer:

Wonder if it'll catch on though as a new form of snobbery, you know to go with the bmw, merc and silver lady bonnet badges....

Na don't fry her, just tie her to the bumper and run at a wall..:angry:

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    John R said:

Na don't fry her, just tie her to the bumper and run at a wall..:angry:

Much better, John or play chicken with an 18-wheeler!
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Nope the skeeters ain't that big round heya.

As Pete told me once we Texans have this thing for dragging people behind cars. So in honor of that state tradition I think she should be dragged by a chian from the rear bumper of a truck :)

I know I'm making light of a tragedy and I don't mean to. You would have to be insane to have some guy stuck through your winshield and just leave him there to die and THEN call the cops after he'd expired! I honestly hope they find out that she wasn't originally from Texas but rather ended up here from somewhere else. What was she thinking?

Anyway, I'll be happy to drag her to death behind my truck if it's any consolation to anyone.

Darris C.

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yep, you'd have thought she would have been to the car wash...
    No, her lawyer said she was in shock. Apparently, she only came out of her shock long enough to burn the front car seats and dump the body in a park with the aid of a couple of friends according to some of the news reports.

She even kept the man, still attached to her windshield, in her garage with a half severed leg until he died. This was straight out of the movie I Know What You Did Last Summer.

Occupation
    Jo said:
    No, her lawyer said she was in shock.
    What are car washes that expensive state side....

Apparently, she only came out of her shock long enough to burn the front car seats
    Now you see if she'd been through the car wash that would'nt have happened.....

She even kept the man, still attached to her windshield, in her garage with a half severed leg until he died.
    Strange habits you lot have..... what was wrong with taking him to the local curry house....

:cheers:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs up John R

The lot that she belongs to are the wacked out drug attics that claim innocense due to drugs or alcohol. I don't accept the creatures in any state or country that behave like that. It could have been an accident in the beginning but she turned it into plain cold blooded murder.

:( Jerry
    The mighty oak tree was once a little nut that held its ground

Occupation

Redhot Jumper Re: John R

MVEYES said:
    The lot that she belongs to are the wacked out drug attics that claim innocense due to drugs or alcohol.
    Hardly a good defence.. "Sorry your honor i just just high on crack and coke so i dont know what i did....."
    :angry: Bring back to good old days and burn em at the stake :angry:

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    John,

"Bring back to good old days and burn em at the stake."

Are you sure you're not an American Conservative in disguise :) It is truly amazing that people can actually use this as a defense but it is true. They can plead to a lesser charge that way because we all know that people whacked out on dope are not responsible for their own actions ;) They're considered to have a "sickness" to some which is a load of horse hooey. I'm not sure when being stupid became a "sickness" but evidently... Plus this young woman, I'm sure, was too afraid to take the guy to a hospital because they would find out she was under the influence of drugs, so she committed murder instead (which makes a lot more sense if you ask me ;)

I agree with you on the stake thing. We, here in Texas, inject them and fry them so hopefully this "young woman" will end up going down that path as well as all her cohorts. We can only hope.

Just figured I'd shead a little light on that subject for you.

Darris C.

Occupation

Confused

Darris Chambless said:
    They can plead to a lesser charge that way because we all know that people whacked out on dope are not responsible for their own actions ;)
    How can they use the "I'm not responsible for my actions" when it was them that took the dam stuff in the first place...:hammer:
    Time for action rather than letting them plead a lesser charge, there should be a realignment of the charges making it harsher if you took the stuff that made you not responsible...
    ie you are responsible for you not being responsible

Mmm, conservative aka torie ie Maggie Thatcher now there was a politician with guts....

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar

Smilie

Since I'm here in the area, what I was most amazed about was that the incident happened back in October, it took until mid- Feb. to find her, and then only because she was braggin about town how she offed some white guy...the police charged her with 'failure to stop and render aid'...ha ha, have since upped the charges to murder and raised her bond to $250K, she was so remorseful at her arraingment, she was busted and going to jail, how sad...

Thread Information