Thread: Mark Remover

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Mark Remover

Today I received a copy of "Opti-Courier". It lists a product that looks like a marker that: "Removes markings from progressive bifocals, works on all material."

Does it work? I don't know, but so many of you have complained about this problem, you might want to try it out.

Chip:D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It works but expensive!

Bad address email on file N Tausch's Avatar

Big Smile Mark remover

Use acetone on everything except poly. Use denatured alcohol on poly. When in doubt use denatured alcohol on everything

Bad address email on file Mikol's Avatar

Thumbs up

Denatured alcohol is a God sent........I use it on everything and have no complaints........

:p
    Mikol

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper

One of my lab techs showed me a trick about 6 weeks ago...and when I transferred to another store, I realized that this trick may not be common knowledge.

It works for KBco FUSION (polycarb progressive polarized ) lenses to remove the white markings:

Plain old scotch tape!

Just tap the sticky side against the marks, and they come right up! You can spend nearly half an hour trying to use alcohol and light heat, without getting nearly as clean a result in 2 seconds of effort with the tape!

Wish all the rest were this easy!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've been using "All-Off" for quite a while and it's great. I do a lot of 3-piece mounts with poly lenses and haven't cracked or crazed a single one, nor has it had any noticable affect on a/r lenses. There are no indications on the label, but it looks like at least 16 oz. I've had it for probably a year, apply it with a q-tip and have only used about 1/4 of the bottle, so it doesn't seem to be terribly expensive to me.

OptiBoard Professional Robert Wagner's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs up Mark Remover

Hi Judy and all,

I too have been useing "All Off" and I do not want to sound like an advertizment for this company, this product really does work, it is safe on all coatings. Non oily and safe on polycarbonate lenses.

The M.S.D.S. sheet will give you all the information on what's in this product, but it does not contain acetone and I have been useing it for about 10 months now and I have not had anything go bad as far as poly, 1.71, 1.66, 1.60 etc even on glass.

I ordered this from Nu-Chem laboratories

wwwnu-chem.com

Good luck this does work.

Robert

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've been using a similar product from Hilco called "Solves-It"...it is "the acetone replacement that's 100% safe for polycarbonate lenses". It's a little stinky, but, it works great.

hip chic

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I usually dip the lenses with "stubborn" markings in hot water for 5-10 seconds. Works like a charm - they come right off using just a bit of alcohol. Haven't used acetone in a long time!

Bad address email on file optigoddess's Avatar
    JennyP:

WOW! I am so glad you posted that about the KBco Fusion markings! I can't wait to try it!

I thought my arm was going numb this weekend .... seriously! :hammer: I EVENTUALLY used a little neutralizer to get the marks off (I would have tried a chisel at that point...)

YEAH!!! :cheers:

Thanks -

Karen

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Exclamation Its called MARKAWAY...............................

optigoddess said:
    JennyP:

WOW! I am so glad you posted that about the KBco Fusion markings! I can't wait to try it!

I thought my arm was going numb this weekend .... seriously! :hammer: I EVENTUALLY used a little neutralizer to get the marks off (I would have tried a chisel at that point...)

YEAH!!! :cheers:

Thanks -

Karen

MARKAWAY

I will send all of you a FREE sample of this product just for the asking.

It works on everything, just wipe it on and wipe of the markings. Above all it's not flammable and it has been the first of it's kind on the market

:cheers:

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Fusions

Boy, Here I am as a lab rat trying to get those marks to stay on!!! The surface saver tape seems to take all of the lines off even when we color them with china marker!! The newer white markings on the outlooks are just as bad.

Might have to get some of our retail associates to try Blake's hot water method since we have a few who are heating the poly up too much and cracking them....

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation

Re: Its called MARKAWAY...............................

Chris Ryser said:
    MARKAWAY

I will send all of you a FREE sample of this product just for the asking.

It works on everything, just wipe it on and wipe of the markings. Above all it's not flammable and it has been the first of it's kind on the market

I WONDER when is the optical world is getting into some agreement............

Some want the marks off ..............................

and the next one wants them on ...........................

I just pitty the patient who's got to walk around with the marks still on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Cassandra,

You can order something through CP called "Cling-on's" (no relation to star trek) that covers the markings before applying the SS tape.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

I Have to agree "All Off" is just great no more rubbing those lines off as your customer is anxiously waiting.

You can get "All Off" from Optisource International @ 1-800 678-4768. About $50 for a 16 oz. bottle. Just a little goes a long way.

Occupation

Markaway

DBunz said:
    I Have to agree "All Off" is just great no more rubbing those lines off as your customer is anxiously waiting.

You can get "All Off" from Optisource International @ 1-800 678-4768. About $50 for a 16 oz. bottle. Just a little goes a long way.

Another one is Markaway from OMS @ 800-461-6637 at $ 19.00 for a liter/quart.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Chris:

I see that this your product that you are marketing.The price certainly sounds more reasonable.

Samples available?

Occupation

Just ask for it............................

DBunz said:
    Chris:

I see that this your product that you are marketing.The price certainly sounds more reasonable.

Samples available?

DBunz,

Samples are always avilable just for the asking, no problem, just phone it in at 800-461-6637 or fax at 514-426-1138 or e-mail me the address through the Optiboard or direct to oms_optical@yahoo.com

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Kling ons

yeah, I know I can get them, but my lab budget is down so tight, that I really don't want to spend almost $50 a box on something that we can do with out. Fortunately we don't run too many fusions as we normally stock the outlooks. OF course they recently switched to the white markings too. Normally we just use china marker to color over the lines and it protects them, but it just doesn't seem to work for the fusions.

Cassandra

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

I want to try

Chris I would love to try this and If it works no where and how to order it. We can not get the mark be gone pens anymore and the alcohol pads are a pain to get all the markings off. If you can send one My name Is Amanda and the address is 4191 Poleline Suite B Pocatello Idaho 83202

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Holy 10 year thread revival.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    I WONDER when is the optical world is getting into some agreement............

Some want the marks off ..............................

and the next one wants them on ...........................

I just pitty the patient who's got to walk around with the marks still on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heehee, when the lab would "forget" (was too lazy) to take off the markings, I would tell good natured first time progressive wearers that they were training wheels and would wear off in about 3 weeks. The looks I would sometimes get were priceless.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by googirls3 View Post

Chris I would love to try this and If it works no where and how to order it. We can not get the mark be gone pens anymore and the alcohol pads are a pain to get all the markings off. If you can send one My name Is Amanda and the address is 4191 Poleline Suite B Pocatello Idaho 83202

Amanda ................I only saw this post now. We will send you a sample in the mail tomorrow Monday. You can also get it from Amcon Labs.

Thread Information