Thread: Chemistry clips worth keeping?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Chemistry clips worth keeping?

When you think you have heard it all.1st pt.came in purchased glasses picked out a color from the 8 AVAILABLE, for the chem clip.Came back after picking them up a few days later and proceeded to chew me out for the color SHE HAD PICKED OUT (amber) saying they were not dark enough.Then she says I mislead her and I should not be selling them.(nice huh,but I'm not done yet)2nd pt.came in purchased a chem clip back in january.Welllllll he proceeded to tell me that he was driving down the road at 55mph with his car window down and chem clip came right off his glasses and went out the window and got crushed by a 18 wheeler that was behind him.Anyway,he went on to tell that they were defective and I should get him another one and demanded phone numbers and names of any and all people involved with these chem clips.Sorry,but there is no Full moon icon to post here.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I lost a base ball cap the other day, a windy one, driving with open windows and it blew right out on the other side rear window....................just warn the clips buyers to keep windows down.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I had a patient come back because she claimed the magnets were causing her to have migraines. She didn't chew us out, she bought new lenses without mags. Everyone besides the migraine lady has loved them. As for color, I have been selling quite a few people two or more clips so they can interchange according to light conditions. I have had a few people lose their eyewear or sunclips to the wind, to the snowblower, to a fall into the lake, etc. Never had anyone say it was because the product was defective.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    I lost a base ball cap the other day, a windy one, driving with open windows and it blew right out on the other side rear window....................just warn the clips buyers to keep windows down.
    Next time when this happens tell the pacient that magnets are also used in physiotherapy to take the pain and to bring a ballance to the body. I think he/she will forget in that very moment about the headache:D.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by loratz View Post
    When you think you have heard it all.1st pt.came in purchased glasses picked out a color from the 8 AVAILABLE, for the chem clip.Came back after picking them up a few days later and proceeded to chew me out for the color SHE HAD PICKED OUT (amber) saying they were not dark enough.Then she says I mislead her and I should not be selling them.(nice huh,but I'm not done yet)2nd pt.came in purchased a chem clip back in january.Welllllll he proceeded to tell me that he was driving down the road at 55mph with his car window down and chem clip came right off his glasses and went out the window and got crushed by a 18 wheeler that was behind him.Anyway,he went on to tell that they were defective and I should get him another one and demanded phone numbers and names of any and all people involved with these chem clips.Sorry,but there is no Full moon icon to post here.
    This really hilarious:)- the 2nd pacient. You should tell him that if he repeats the entire process you'll give him other glasses:D.

Thread Information