Thread: Help me!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Redhot Jumper Help me!

Someone know something about the evolution of the optic machines? eyars of creations?

if you don't know and know here i could find please tell me.... i need this information for a work!!!!!!!

Thank you

Master OptiBoarder Darryl Meister's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    You should probably specify the type of optical machines that you are referring to, such as surfacing equipment for spectacle lenses, mass manufacturing equipment for spectacle lenses, grinding equipment for precision optical components, etcetera.

Best regards,
    Darryl
    Darryl J. Meister, ABOM

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    I need de year of the first manual Grinder, the first lensometer, manual centralizer, the first semi-automatic beveler, and the finally the first automatic machine.
    if you could help me with this i will be very apreciated.

thank you

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    This site has some information that will be useful, maybe you can find more than this page.
    http://www.dickwhitney.net/aoscientif.htm
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    thank you very much!!!!!!! it will help me a lot! if you found more information please tell me, i will be very apreciated

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post

I need de year of the first manual Grinder, the first lensometer, manual centralizer, the first semi-automatic beveler, and the finally the first automatic machine.
    if you could help me with this i will be very apreciated.

thank you

About 1,000 years ago, very few people had the need, or ability to read and write. Most of them were monks. As they grew older, reading and writing, in not very well lighted rooms, became very difficult (due to what we now call PRESBYOPIA). At that time, monks were able to make "Reading Stones".

http://www.i4ulenses.com/histry.htm

The first semi automatic edger was an addition to the top of a ceramic wheel, that worked with formers and made a flat bevel. Made in the late 1930s by Weco.

The first fully automatic bevel edger I have seen, was the American Optical Lens Master, My father purchased one in the early 1950s.

The oldest Lensometer I Have seen was made by Zeiss in the early 1900s I believe

also check:

http://www.madehow.com/Volume-1/Eyeglass-Lens.html

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Who is WECO?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    WECO is affiliated with Briot and manufactures edging equipments in addition to other equipment. Do a search on WECO edgers and you will ge tons of information. http://web.mac.com/tompfleging/briot...nada/Home.html

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    All of this information can be gotten through a simple Google search. Have you tried that, instead of posting the duplicate post in 5 places?
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Coburn invented the first toric lens generator back in the 1950's I believe (I've seen serial number 5!!).

Occupation

Blue Jumper History of Weco.............................

Since its founding in 1914 Weco is an entrepreneurial success story. In over 90 years Weco has established many ground -breaking innovation in the ophthalmic lens processing, and set standards in the processes of the ophthalmic workshop. The merits of Weco for the optician have led to Weco is a synonym for modern optician 's workshop and is the basis of our success. They also participate in this success!

The mechanical engineer Otto Wernicke is rooted in Rathenow (Brandenburg ), a special factory for the eyeglass lens processing.
    Weco invented the first wheel with groove and associated apparatus for grinding facets of Spitz .
    Weco moved its headquarters to Dusseldorf.
    Weco provides the world's first edge on handling machines - the Weco FM9 uses a ceramic grinding wheel.
    Weco developed the first diamond wheels for the optician shop.
    Weco invented the system of Zentriersaugers .
    Weco leads to an FMD - the first fully automatic grinding machine with diamond grinding wheel.
    Weco offers the first electronically controlled machines.
    The compact and popular Weco 12SC machine is presented, which will later become the world's most used conventional grinding machine.
    Weco is part of the Germany-based Rodenstock Group, which now has a complete product and service program for opticians.
    Weco is the first company the GS label ( tested safety) for optical machines .
    Weco brings the world's first CNC - edge processing machine on the market - the 480 Weco CNC.
    Weco invents Tracenedge system.
    Weco developed the next generation of grinding machines formscheibenlosen - the CNC90 . This machine revolutionized the market because it compact and ideal for grinding larger throughput . He has completed a grinding chamber with up to four wheels.
    Weco introduces the first grinding system with a conveyor belt feeding and automatic feeding of the CNC90 using robotic arm.
    The Weco ZET90 3D CNC grinding machine is presented , the first fully electronically controlled automatic with facets position.
    The Weco CAD 2000 is the world's first CNC Centering free of systematic errors. As the only provider in the market have Weco equipment certification of the CE mark .
    Weco receives ISO 9001 certification.
    Rodenstock does Weco as a separate business unit.
    The Wernicke & Co. GmbH and G. Rodenstock Instrumente GmbH sold to the Prolaser AG.
    Weco receives the OLA Award of Excellence for the WECO Edge 990 Lab, a center for automated grinding Einschleifwerkstätten .
    Buchmann Optical Holding acquires 51% of the shares, the majority of Prolaser AG.
    With the WECO Verifier Pro is before the first fully automatic centering and blocking system that performs image processing with the help of the review , centering, blocking the glass. For the first time wells are recorded automatically with a system . The process of centering will considerably simplify and eliminate errors .
    WECO presents the first grinding machines with integrated rotation only. This can be made automatically after grinding holes in the machine. Grinding and drilling done in one clamping.
    Weco is purchased by the Buchmann Optical Holding, which is by the two companies and Briot WECO Optik GmbH, the world's leading company for optical technologies for the optician and represented by 70 distributors in over 50 countries.
    Weco leads the world's first fully automated operating blocklose and grinding center with integrated a Verifier Pro - the Edge 860 VI.
    Weco receives the OLA Award of Excellence for the Verifier Pro.
    Weco introduces the Cad 5 on the Silmo . The Cad 5 is an automatic centering and block system with Optical Trace and modifier functions for optical shape measurement and modify shapes.
    Weco , the new grinding system Edge 455 with CAD and trace 3 from 5 .
    Weco Optik GmbH changes its name to Buchmann Germany GmbH.
    The Verifier Turbo is presented as the successor to the Verifier Pro. He achieved thanks to a new processor, significantly reduced processing times.
    Weco Edge launches 950th The new grinding machine for opticians with medium to high volume . The Edge 950 is fast, can drill , polish and edge breaking grooves on both sides , and is particularly suitable for small, flat shapes .
    WECO is the first blockless All- in-one before finishing system : the Edge 990th Blockless Technology grind (no blocks) Achsverdreher prevents hydrophobic coatings, and increases the efficiency of Zentraleinschleiferei .
    Weco Edge presents the 550th With the Edge 550 drill holes can be manufactured in the corner. break edge grooves on both sides , polish and a self- service features of the Edge 550th
    Buchmann Germany GmbH Receives ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 13485:2003 Recertification .

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    In response to your question, yes I researched on Google, and if you ever searched on this subject would have realized that is not really an issue with great abundance of information. And if I were not even need this information would not even have to write in a language that is not mine and ask all corners of the world. If somehow offended you with my questions, or with my desire to learn I am sorry, but would appreciate it if you do not want help not annoy please.

Thanks to all those who have tried to help.

Occupation

Blue Jumper How the stuff works, everything is there

Inside this Article

In this a­rticle, we will talk about how the eye focuses, how a lens works, how to read a prescription, and finally, how the lens is made, including the steps involved in grinding and shaping plastic lens blanks to fit an individual's prescription and frame.
    Let's start with some vision basics.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/lens.htm
    ­

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    thanks for the information of WECO, I'm not much into these matters and so I thought that was another inventor WECO or whatever. here in Portugal we know only by Briot and I have not joined, clear that when I researched the same results appeared to me you gave me but I thought it would be wrong. thanks anyway.

Thread Information