Thread: Great Glasses Prediction

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Great Glasses Prediction

I predict that Bruce Bergez and his wife will not spend a day in jail over their numerous discretions. He will skip town never to be seen again and will live off his millions.
    You heard it here first folks.

Regards,
    Golfnorth

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Seriously, do you think he'd do it? If so, would he stay in Canada or leave the country?

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I hear Brazil is nice this time of the year and no stinking extradition treaties.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by one-eyed-jack View Post
    Seriously, do you think he'd do it? If so, would he stay in Canada or leave the country?
    In my opinion he will leave the country. It's a long time till his next court date in late August. I do not know Mr. Bergez or have never met him. What I am basing my opinion on is the fact that he has not chosen to follow any rules this far in the proceedings.
    Rules are not meant for him. He has been the arrogant SOB and a pr*ck throughout the last 7 years since this saga began. Why would he finally have an epiphany and take his medicine like a man? I have said all along that I hope that the courts have asked him for his passport but since nothing like that has been reported I can only think that he will take the family on a nice summer holiday never to return.

I honestly hope that I am wrong and somehow some sort of justice will be served in this case but I am very sceptical.

Regards,
    Golfnorth

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Look out Coastal Contacts, Bruce will be the next internet provider!!!!

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I'm wondering if this is an opportunity to discuss change. >>> The's no doubt that Bergez flaunted the rules on all levels. <<<

However, hypothetically speaking, does the current system need changing?

Is there anything we learned during the last 10 years of court cases that would improve the lives of opticians?

Are we getting the maximum benefit?

Is there a better way?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm wondering if this is an opportunity to discuss change. >>> The's no doubt that Bergez flaunted the rules on all levels. <<<

However, hypothetically speaking, does the current system need changing?

Is there anything we learned during the last 10 years of court cases that would improve the lives of opticians?

Are we getting the maximum benefit?

Is there a better way?

How could you change anything if you don't know what is wrong ? How can you know what is wrong from an easy chair ?

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Ha! Sounds like lyrics to a song.

What I meant was: does anyone have any opinions on some of the topics that came out of the many Bergez vs. Everyone court case? If I recall, there were issues about delegation and refraction. Is there any merit in opening discussion on topics such as these?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    There's tremendous merit in discussing how your profession can improve through refraction and delegation, unfortunately your board seems content on keeping the status quo;

Beginning Monday, the receiver is expected to begin removing the automated machines that have been used by Great Glasses stores to provide their so-called "free eye tests."
    Fazal Khan, president of the College of Opticians of Ontario, said he's been told the receiver intends to ensure that all Great Glasses locations begin complying with provincial health regulations.
    http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/801067

Sounds like your board is content with the status quo, no refraction or delegation, but rather let Great Glasses stay open.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnorth View Post
    I predict that Bruce Bergez and his wife will not spend a day in jail over their numerous discretions. He will skip town never to be seen again and will live off his millions.

Regards,
    Golfnorth
    Actually, I predicted that 2 1/2 years ago (link). He's either really gutsy or really stupid. Or both.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I would have predicted the same, but seeing as he is such an arrogant SOB... he might stick around thinking he'll get off..

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnorth View Post

Regards,
    Golfnorth
    You're on...I completely disagree.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ory View Post
    Actually, I predicted that 2 1/2 years ago (link). He's either really gutsy or really stupid. Or both.
    Both.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My impression is that we should be thankful that our new President is on the ball and making things happen. Prior to him being elected things seemed stalemated and going no where fast.

I doubt that license would have been revoked without him .

I would love to know why B's license was not revoked years ago by previous President, Council and Registrar.

Our new President, appears to be a decisive , "make it happen" kind of leader.

registeredoptician Refractingoptician.com's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Ha! Sounds like lyrics to a song.

What I meant was: does anyone have any opinions on some of the topics that came out of the many Bergez vs. Everyone court case? If I recall, there were issues about delegation and refraction. Is there any merit in opening discussion on topics such as these?
    There is no merit in taking on new items or discussions until the old problems are cleared up and dealt with in their entirety. Some of these problems can not be dealt with until more opticians take an interest in their College and show up for the COO meetings to see the problems first hand . You can't fix what you do not know and inquire about. To do that you must witness it on a repeat basis.

Can a doctor fix your cancer without knowing it's origin and where it is in the body ?

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Refractingoptician.com View Post
    There is no merit in taking on new items or discussions until the old problems are cleared up and dealt with in their entirety. Some of these problems can not be dealt with until more opticians take an interest in their College and show up for the COO meetings to see the problems first hand . You can't fix what you do not know and inquire about. To do that you must witness it on a repeat basis.

Can a doctor fix your cancer without knowing it's origin and where it is in the body ?
    Well put. That's most intelligent thing I've read so far.

Thread Information