Thread: New Varilux Comfort, Comfort Short and Comfort Enhanced Lenses!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Post New Varilux Comfort, Comfort Short and Comfort Enhanced Lenses!

New Varilux Comfort Enhanced Lenses

NEW VARILUX COMFORT®, NEW VARILUX COMFORT SHORT™ AND NEW VARILUX COMFORT ENHANCED™

Download NEW VARILUX COMFORT Lens Information PDF's:
    July 6th, 2010 Luzerne Optical & Essilor will offer New Varilux Comfort lenses to help patients enjoy ease of vision throughout the day in every aspect of modern life.
    The new lenses will offer quicker access to the reading area, 25 percent wider distance and near vision fields and improved performance for today’s digital devices and activities, such as MP3 players, navigation tools, laptops and netbooks.

http://www.luzerneoptical.com/new-va...ed-lenses.html

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Big Smile Great!

Why do we only widen the distance and near and not the intermediate in New Varilux Comfort?

Based on R&D analysis Essilor only updated the Varilux Comfort design based on targeted improvements resulting from the visual demands of today’s presbyopes. If certain elements of the initial design did not need to be changed, Essilor retained that portion of the original design.

:bbg:I.e. .... We easily could have done this, but we deliberately chose not to, to avoid disturbing any former customers when switching....:bbg::hammer:

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My early two cents:

Gave Comfort 2 (aka "new" comfort) to 3 clients that were buying new eyewear, but had lttle or no Rx change:

Didn't tell them.

prompted tham at delivery to let me know if they saw "distinctly" better...(a leading prompt....)

A: "No, I see fine."

Anecdotally, I see no reason to suggest that people will see a difference. Haven't tried Confort 2 enhanced yet, though.

FWIW

B

OptiBoard Apprentice Miss Peepers's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

New Comfort Price

Quick Question-- What's everyone doing about the price point on Comfort now?? I charged an 'industry average' base price for the old Comfort, but my lab raised the wholesale over $20 on the new ones. I think selling with that big of a price jump will make them a much harder sell or possibly effect my 'extras' sales. I know, I know, it's a quality product and we should not fear selling pt's on quality, blah blah. But, the old price point works so well, it's tough to wrap my head around such a large price jump in this economy. I don't want to sacrifice pt. comfort and saddle myself with non-adapts though just to save $20 on the wholesale end. I've been spoiled using the perfectly priced old comfort as my 'go to lens'. What is everyone else doing about the pricing for the 'New Comfort'? Are you raising your price points?? Thanks!
    Last edited by Miss Peepers; 07-12-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My office has simplified sales by just using two prices: traditional lenses and premium lenses. On the one hand, this means our profit is less on some orders, but it also means we don't have to quote a ton of prices that could confuse the patient. Also, I think we aren't supposed to post prices on the board. Just a heads-up.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

opinion

I love how you can count on Optiboard for solid unbiased feedback through research and use of products.

Such as... giving 3 patients a new lens, then asking them if they see distinctly better then before...

I'm only amazed that you didn't give it to 3 previous wal-mart patients who also asked for their p.d. to be recorded for their records as well... That would have been the trifecta for Optiboard.

Not being particularly biased for or against Essilor and/or their products, I will fit plenty of these lenses I am sure. I'll base my decision to reccomend them or not on the patients needs, as usual. If they do appear to perform slightly better then the previous comfort, then it will be a welcome addition to our product line.

OptiWizard OptiBoard Bronze Supporter pezfaerie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Peepers View Post
    Quick Question-- What's everyone doing about the price point on Comfort now?? I charged an 'industry average' base price for the old Comfort, but my lab raised the wholesale over $20 on the new ones. I think selling with that big of a price jump will make them a much harder sell or possibly effect my 'extras' sales. I know, I know, it's a quality product and we should not fear selling pt's on quality, blah blah. But, the old price point works so well, it's tough to wrap my head around such a large price jump in this economy. I don't want to sacrifice pt. comfort and saddle myself with non-adapts though just to save $20 on the wholesale end. I've been spoiled using the perfectly priced old comfort as my 'go to lens'. What is everyone else doing about the pricing for the 'New Comfort'? Are you raising your price points?? Thanks!
    One of my labs jumped $20 the other no price increase at all. When I question the lab that changed their pricing they said so many accounts were complaining that they were going to switch it back (ya right I'll believe it when I see it) Till then guess who I'm not ordering from ;)
    Last edited by pezfaerie; 07-23-2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Pez:D

Thread Information