Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Varilux Comfort, Comfort Short and Comfort Enhanced Lenses!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fezz View Post
    I am on a personal mission to make Optiboard a more welcoming place for newbies. We have failed at this in the past!

I am so glad that Optinovice found us and is asking for help!

Please reach out, offer any help, materials, references, etc to encourage educational growth and support! I have sent a pm with some educational links and my personal contact info if Optinovice needs help. I am searching for a used copy of the Blue Bible to send to Optinovice if he/she wants*. Anybody care to help with that?

I encourage others to do the same and lets try to change the climate on this board!

Step up.....don't step aside!

*I just found 4 of them on Abebooks.com for cheap! I snatched them up. Are there any other suggested sites that may have these on the cheap that those of us interested in making a difference may find these for modest prices? Anybody want to throw me a few bucks to help in my philanthropy PLEASE do!
    Pardon my ignorance. What is the Blue Bible? Systems of Ophthalmic Dispensing :)

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

What is this blue bible you speak of? Is it the ABO and/or NCLE study manuals? I don't remember those being blue (but then again, I slightly recall studying from a large stack of xerox copies, so my office might have just pirated that)

Comment

Originally posted by PhiTrace View Post
        I have a few extra copies, get in touch.
        I scored a few!

Hopefully we can get enough newbies to get the courage up to start posting! We can then get the feel for the need and I can send a few more out! Hopefully I'll run out of what I got and will need to hit you up for more!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Diane View Post
          Pardon my ignorance. What is the Blue Bible? Systems of Ophthalmic Dispensing :)

Diane

That is correct!

I think it should be in every dispensing Optician's library!

Comment

Originally posted by oopsmyeye View Post
            What is this blue bible you speak of? Is it the ABO and/or NCLE study manuals? I don't remember those being blue (but then again, I slightly recall studying from a large stack of xerox copies, so my office might have just pirated that)

The book is called System For Ophthalmic Dispensing; Brooks, Borish

Comment

The best source in the universe: www.opticampus.com

Cut my teeth on the moldy Brooks and Borish tome as well.

Comment

I also like opticianworks.com Very informative!

Comment

Working...
                X