Thread: March Vision Care?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

March Vision Care?

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with March Vision Care? In Delaware... Unison is switching from Davis Vision to March Vision Care. Being that I have never heard of March Vision... I was interested to hear what people have to say about them.
    Have A GREAT day!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hola, fellow Delawarean! I didn't think there was anybody else here from the our glorious state. And welcome to Optiboard! In response to your question, I have never heard of or dealt with March Vision Care. Sorry!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hello... Thank you for welcoming me and happy to hear you are a fellow Delawarean. From what I gather (as the Doctor has signed on)... this is another "middle man" service, like Davis Vision & Spectera. Therefore, to say that I am not happy we are accepting this insurance is an understatement.

whytepizza
    Howdy!
    I'm currently an optician in New Jersey and we were forced into taking March Vision. It used to be part of Optumhealth and they split off for Medicaid coverage patients. I can not tell you how disappointed I am with this insurance company. Different answers ever time I call, they are unaware of their own policies and coverages, and they send out faxes once a week on how to dispense and how to examine.
    On the upside, they cover a lot for exams and will give an even $100 (in NJ) for any non plan glasses or c/l's. It's a great plan for exams but as for glasses and contacts they are a bit unprepared and unrealistic. Just getting an authorization takes 5 screens on their SLOW website which the phone operators don't know how to do, let alone explain to a provider trying to bill.
    All-in-all, I hate this insurance. No real provider service with different answers on every call, this was a 'makeshift' insurance that seems to have sprung up overnight, every changing policies, and very sosplistic.
    I hope this helps.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Last edited by Johns; 04-25-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    March Vision Care replaced Americhoice in Pennsylvania which was administrated by Optum Vision. Americhoice is a Medicaid product and CHIP for children product.
    We never signed up for it as it seemed too flaky-and why would a Pennsylvania Medicaid product be administered by a Los Angeles Ophthalmology group. A deal made on the 19th hole on a golf course by good ole boys? And you have to carry their frames (golf course deal? ) and use with a lab in the Midwest (golf course deal?). Also, we heard those who did sign up no longer take it as payments were slow or non existent.

Thread Information