Thread: Optical Management Software

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Optical Management Software

Independent Optical Shop looking for a new user friendly management software to run in my business. Was using the original E-Z frame program. Do not like E-Z frame platinum. Thanks for any help, Mark

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am not sure if you have looked in the marketplace, but My Vision Express usually offers a free demo (and used to be discount!) to optiboard members. You can also access the demo at http://www.myvisionexpress.com/download_demo.php

They have been very helpful in terms of support and are constantly improving their program as they respond to customer feedback. It integrates with Eyefinity and VisionWeb if you use those applications, and they have a report customizer available as well if you want to design your own receipts/lab slips/p&L etc.

They also have a small community through their site where people will share some of their best practices and you can get some additional information on some topics.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by mbridges View Post
    Independent Optical Shop looking for a new user friendly management software to run in my business. Was using the original E-Z frame program. Do not like E-Z frame platinum. Thanks for any help, Mark

Keep E-Z frame in production until you are well satisfied that your new application is performing adequately. I realize that it will be a pain in the tuckas to run two applications at the same time but it is prudent.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    You might want to check out Kareo. I've seen it advertised quite a bit. I'm guessing it must be pretty popular, although I've not used it myself.
    Last edited by ShellyG; 11-07-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Thread Information