Polarized Lens Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polarized Lens Business

The industry average is about 10% in dollars for polarized lenses. 15% is considered good, while below 5% is really below average!

What % does your practice / lab do?

Dave
    sigpic

We are at just about 12%. I strive to do better, but struggle. As we all know, getting thefirst sale us hard enough, let alone the second!

Comment

Originally posted by Fezz View Post
      We are at just about 12%. I strive to do better, but struggle. As we all know, getting thefirst sale us hard enough, let alone the second!
      12% is very good! Is Sunwear really a second pair or just as important as the first for Total Eyecare. But,I know what you mean.
      sigpic

Comment

99% of our sunwear is Nupolar. Still do a few tints, but nobody here believes in or wears anything but polarized. Overall, it's probably around 10%.
        DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
        "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Does every customer get a demonstration of polaroid ?

Comment

Originally posted by Refractingoptician.com View Post
            Does every customer get a demonstration of polaroid ?

No, shamefully I do not!

I am usually too wrapped up in spewing my anti Canada rhetoric to get into BS like that!

Comment

No, shamefully I do not!

I am usually too wrapped up in spewing my anti Canada rhetoric to get into BS like that!
              I kid.....I kid..................................

Comment

gradient polarized?

ive heard some talk lately about a company offering rxed gradient polarized lenses...has anyone heard of this?

currently when someone wants an rxed polarized gradient it cost more but i get a polarized a and add the gradient tint to it...

if anyone has heard about this new technology please let me know

thanks -Phil

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath about that. If the tint gets lighter as you go down, the polarizing film would also get lighter, thereby reducing to zero the amount of polarization in the clear area. You cannot make clear polarized lenses. Who wants a partially polarized lens?

Answer:Not this guy!
                  DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
                  "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

There is logic in a gradient polarized lens. More light transmission in the bottom for easier reading. You don't need as much efficiency in the polarization when looking down reading whether it is to read a book while sitting by the pool or just trying to see the numbers on a cell phone. More light makes reading easier. The darker top offers good polarized performance.

Comment

The way I look at it is more light transmission from the sand as you walk along a beach, more light transmission off the water when you're boating, more light transmission from the sidewalk when walking, etc. In short, the very direction you need the polarizing effect most would be the most compromised. It would even be reduced looking straight ahead, since most gradients are darkest above the pupils. While it may look cool, I would never ever use one if it were invented.
                      DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyEyes View Post
                        ive heard some talk lately about a company offering rxed gradient polarized lenses...has anyone heard of this?

currently when someone wants an rxed polarized gradient it cost more but i get a polarized a and add the gradient tint to it...

if anyone has heard about this new technology please let me know

thanks -Phil
                        hi phill

gradient polarization is not there but Bi-Gradient Mirror coating is out ther with MAUI JIM Lenses .

Comment

in here in DUABI ,with me The Percentage of POLARIZED RX is quite good , around 15 %.......not many opticians do Polarized consedering the COST but if the customer can afford and understands the Importance ......we always do prefare ...and mostly do MAUI JIM .

Comment

Working...
                          X