Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried the new Apple iPad? and what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend sent me this link today.....

Paperless cockpits! :):)
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Comment

Too bad Apple decided to cripple a good product just because they didn't invent Flash. Now see if Apple buys Macromedia. If they do, then their next gen will be Flash enabled.

Oops, sorry -forgot Adobe already bought Macromedia, so Apple's out.
      Last edited by DragonLensmanWV; 06-27-2011, 06:10 AM.
      DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
      "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Apple has sold 21 times more than Honeycomb,so it looks like people are getting by just fine without Flash. http://daringfireball.net/2011/07/ipad_dominance

Comment

I love the new iPad 2. It is the one of the greatest things that's happened to me. Will be rolling these out in offices as well soon enough.

Comment

I didn't think I'd ever get one, my thinking being that I already have a laptop and iPhone, and I can do pretty much everything one do on these. However, I was in the Apple store the other day and I tried one of the new iPads out. The first thing I noticed was that it is a good size, and also very light, so it is handy if you are travelling. Certainly better than a big heavy laptop.

And the next thing I noticed was that you can make very good use of the apps. Personally, I would make use of the music and book apps, but there are plenty to choose from if you have other interests.

I still haven't bought one, because really I don't need one, and it would be a luxury. But i do like travelling and Christmas is coming so you never know!

Comment

Well, I didn't think an iPad would be a substitue for a laptop. And quite frankly it isn't. But it does add a lot.
              The iPad is capable of all the small tasks one can imagine, checking mail, youtube, wikipedia, checking optiboard ^_~

I've got mine four weeks ago and never regretted the purchase. My main motive was school. I'm studying for optometrist and a lot of the materials (almost everything) are presented in digital formats. I have a netbook with an average battery life of three hours, but it's heavy(ish) and I have to carry a charger. Here the iPad shows it's true potential, click a button and it's on. Instand acces to all the files, it's compact, light, has an amazing batterylife (10h+) (and looks nice too ^_^)

I scan any books I get from school, which saves me weight. The touch screen makes pdf's very accesible. Though I have one teacher who got ****** because I scanned his book >_< Said it was copyright infrignment (he writes his own books). I do have to original however, and paid for it. And since it's only for personal use... tough luck for him. I guess he's afraid it'll show up for download soon, but it won't.

Beside serious business the iPad is also very nice for fun and cool stuff! For instance, I use the iPad as a remote for my Logitech Squeezebox, that's one big remote! There are amazing drawing programs available, Procreate to name one. I don't buy an tv guide anymore, there's also an app for that. I canceled my newspaper subscription, there are a couple of free newspapres available that are just as good. I made a quick calculation, if you cancel your newspaper subscription you save an iPad in two years! -haha

But all the cool features of the iPad do come at a hefty price, that's for sure. I've got the 64GB Wifi iPad 2 and it set me back €679,- But I was concidering a new netbook, and since the specifications haven't changed that much since I got it it would have been a waste. So the money was better spend on an iPad.

Comment

I've been waiting for the new iPad and I ordered mine last week. It's due to show up on March 22d. I'm excited!

Comment

I've got the iPad 2 and I think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I thought that silly onscreen keyboard would never cut it but boy was I wrong. I can type faster on it than on any mechanical keyboard. Battery life is great. Screen comes on instantly, no waiting for boot up.

Comment

I have keen of this but as you know the recourse are not enough, and some time i tried but failed.

Well now I am desperate to make my own iPad soon and for this regard me have to need of all the above participants...

customized coozies cheap koozies
                    Last edited by hare; 05-12-2012, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X