Thread: Lens List

Banned
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Lens List

Why are the lenses available in vision webs lists in no particular order? I even tried a greasemonkey script to try and alphabetize the list with no success. It seems the coding won't allow me to access the list of lenses. Is there anyway to incorporate a "by manufacturers" link to ordering lenses? I think that would be a great upgrade to vision web.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Re: Lens List

Hi There,

Thank you for your question/suggestion for the lens lists on VisionWeb. The lists that you are referring to are actually controlled by the supplier rather than VisionWeb. Each supplier connected with VisionWeb maintains their own catalog, which includes the order of the lists that appear when you are ordering. We will send you a private message to find out which lab you are using and perhaps we can help you make the suggestion to the lab? We can't guarantee that they will change it, but we will be more than happy to help if we can!

Banned
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I have contacted my lab and they say it is an issue on your end, that your company is slow to update the lists and they don't have any control over the lists. I guess I am just going to get the run around on this. I have since used the labs preferred method of ordering, DVI.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    We will gladly try to address the issue, but we will need to know which lab to work with, as we said before. If you can provide the name of the lab we will do our best to prevent you getting the runaround. We sent a PM after the original post but never heard back. We'll look for your response so that we can help you out.

Best,

VisionWeb

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    We offer Vision Web to all of our accouts, and we set up and maintain the lens list order ourselves. It's one of the things I like about Vision Web, if I want to change something, such as what order the lenses are displayed in or add new lenses, I can go in and do so. If I want Vision Web to change it, I can have them do it instead (though I have to tell them what I want).

The ability to customize what I want if I want to do it myself is provided to us by Vision Web. Your lab is either being lazy or doesn't have anyone there who knows how to do it.
    There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

Thread Information