Thread: Any Opinions?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused Any Opinions?

The doctors I work for are interested in bringing in some new sunglasses, mainly True Religion and Ed Hardy. I have never worked with these frame lines before, so I was wondering if anyone has had any opinions/experience with them?
    Thanks!! :)

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Depends on where the office is located. Ed Hardy is a dieing trend, I don't suggest buying any of their sunglasses, because they don't exchange anything, once you bought them they're yours until it's sold off.

My advice is to go with a brand of sunglasses like Kaenon.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jmchapman View Post
    Depends on where the office is located. Ed Hardy is a dieing trend, I don't suggest buying any of their sunglasses, because they don't exchange anything, once you bought them they're yours until it's sold off.
    That's exactly what the rep told me. It's rare when the account sell through on any of them...
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would let this one pass by, unless you have a demographic of bikers or irritated, trend following, wealthy teenagers. These two lines are destined for the bargain board.
    • Optician
    • Frame Maker/Designer
    • Teacher of the art of crafting handmade eyewear.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Please send royalties to FezzJohns Inc...

Allright. Let's get this thread back on track!

Here's the issues:

1. Your boss wants to carry sunglasses.
    2. You're in Canada and the sun never shines.
    3. The only lines he likes are flatliners.

Solution:

1. Go to Lenscrafters, buy some Revos.
    2. Rent them out for $25 for 15 days. After all, that's about how long most vacations last.
    3. Every 30 days, return the suns to LC for a complete refund, and buy the latest style.

Now that is what I call a partnership!:cheers:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If they wanted Ed Hardy they missed the boat by a few summers. True Religion will never get off the ground. They should probably just get a few personal frames and wear them until the romance wears off which shouldn't be too long. As for dealing with the company? Even our rep admits they are difficult. If you want to return a defective piece you have to do it through the rep only. We use Revolution clips and they do sell, other than that nothing.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    As above, I would stay away from a certain company that Makes those lines. With all the lawsuits, and frame changes from their clip line, I just don't think they are a true long term organisation. Oakley and MJ are everywhere, and I'd love to unload some of mine!!!!

Serengetti (sp) has some cool new ads, and they have a quality reputation.

Here's what we love: Our most popular line is Clearvision, which includes Ellen Tracy and Jessica McClintock. The demographic is awesome THEY ALL WEAR PROGRESSIVES.

Pop a polarized progressive with a backside AR, and bingo, $500.00. That's where you make the money.

Why stock $5000 worth of O product just to "look" cool. Compare the cost of goods to your profitability, and these RXable lines shine!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeyejim View Post

Why stock $5000 worth of O product just to "look" cool. Compare the cost of goods to your profitability, and these RXable lines shine!
    'Cause the bike shop next door has this captured audience of Oakley heads. Well that and the custom designed product for the local High School Team, oh and the TriAthalon folks that keep asking for them, and then....
    • Optician
    • Frame Maker/Designer

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks everyone!! Much appreciated! :)

Bad address email on file OptiChick21's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey who says the sun never shines in Canada!?! LoL Now Seattle, maybe....

We brought in Ed Hardy a couple years ago when the trend was big but they were ill-fitting and too pricey.

Teens were the only ones who loved them, but they couldnt afford them anyway!

Skip EdHardy... True Religion, well I shouldnt even have to tell you how ugly those are.

These two lines represent the overpriced, cheap look I despise in "Hollywood"... Hello Jon Gosselin!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    "Skip EdHardy... True Religion, well I shouldnt even have to tell you how ugly those are.

These two lines represent the overpriced, cheap look I despise in "Hollywood"... Hello Jon Gosselin! "

Thats what I was kind of thinking! Lol

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We got in Ed Hardy Suns and Ophthalmics last year at Vision Expo East....please don't bother with them. Take everyones advice. They have restrictions on what can be returned, and a very limited warranty. They come with a packet of replaceable rhinestones.....which indicates they will come out. And as far as customer service.....there is NONE!
    If your boss wants some good tried and true suns, try Maui Jims, a little pricey but well worth the money. We also like Flexon suns, Carerra, Wiley X, Kate Spade, and Michael Kors & Coach.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by kcount View Post
    'Cause the bike shop next door has this captured audience of Oakley heads. Well that and the custom designed product for the local High School Team, oh and the TriAthalon folks that keep asking for them, and then....
    That was sarcastic, I guess. Too bad they make us small time dudes buy the same amount as you big city folks!!

Sadly, our nearest bike shop is 45 minutes away, not triathletes in town...the high school teams look, touch and don't buy.

At least we have a captive audience of Rednecks, Mullets and bumble bee muffler car owners.

Hmmm....I guess that's why the M Frame is still my top seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Here in KC, Ed Hardy has sold pretty well, but the lines we get ALOT of request for are 7 eyes, RayBan(I know), Oliver Peoples, and Maui Jims. We carry OP and will be bring in 7 eyes and RB. We also carry the NW, KS, Coach, BCBG, Flexon Suns, Michael Kors and Vogue sun. Vogue suns seem to be a good inexpensive, well fitting frames for woman and Coach seems to be the best fitting womans line that is not cheap, while OP is just a good over all line with awesome new VFX polarized lenses, but really expensive.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hmmm....I guess that's why the M Frame is still my top seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

While you were sleeping last night, FezzJohns Consulting flew out and snuck into you office, with the intention of rescuing your practice.

We are sorry to inform you that your location is out of the geographical reach of any hope for salvation.

Good Luck, and we wish you the best.:cheers:

:bbg::bbg::bbg:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Rednecks, Mullets and bumble bee muffler car owners.
    I was always more for the straight pipes hanging 2' out the back end than I was for the stinger exhaust.
    • Optician
    • Frame Maker/Designer

Thread Information