Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this Ontario's Registrar?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It takes enforcement to solve this internet problem .
    Last edited by idispense; 01-21-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ::
    Last edited by idispense; 01-21-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You should be very proud to have this outatanding young woman elected to the prestigious post she now holds. It will bring many benefits to Ontario. CLEAR is an international organization of agencies that face similar issues as your "college", and this leadership position will allow Caroline to learn much and bring that back home. Are you getting your money's woth? As an outsider, I cannot factually say, but this CLEAR leadership role will be a great benefit.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Last edited by idispense; 01-21-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Last edited by idispense; 01-21-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sorry, I thought you were asking a question, not attempting to carry some personal issue forward. It is clear you already have formulated an answer to your own question, so it is useless to comment further.

bilateral peripheral scotoma LandLord's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Actually, McDonald, I sincerely am curious what you feel the benefits are? It will help me make up my mind about Ms Power.
    Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Last edited by idispense; 01-21-2012 at 12:09 PM.

registeredoptician Refractingoptician.com's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I'd like to hear about these benefits too !

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The registrar belonging to organizations like this, and in fact leading them, may prove valuable to Ontario in that she will be able to learn from peers how things are handled in their jurisdictions. I think I indicated that above, and feel that is a tangible benefit. Bringing information back to her organization can provide great information to share with your members. You make it appear that she is constantly away from her duties. I cannot speak to that, as I have indicated now twice. You also indicate that she is only padding her resume, and that may be true. But having such recognition is also a benefit to the College.

Now, whether it be a personal issue or not, it clearly appears you have some issues. I was merely indicating this CLEAR organization does good work, and her election as a leader was, I thought from the outside, a good thing. I was merely attempting to be congratulatory. Now, if you feel that is being closed-minded, then so be it, but I shant be drug into your personal vendetta.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by idispense View Post
    Is this person the Ontario Registrar of the College of Opticians of Ontario ? http://clear.blogs.com/clear/presidents_message/

How would she have time to trip all over the world with this organization and still be a full time employee of The College of Opticians of Ontario ? Or is she only a part time employee in Ontario ?

Seems to me, that with the problems in Ontario and also on the West Coast, then the College Council would want the full time attention of their employees .

What possible cost reward benefit and return on investment does Council think they are getting from the employees they hire when they are outside the country ?

Clear is about rule making and making those rules stick, yet under this employee's guidance Great Glasses is still operating and their owner was declared "ungovernable" . I must be missing something here , but this does not sound like we have gained anything from this membership expense .

Don't we need a full time Registrar in Ontario ?

Is Council getting it 's money's worth from their employees ?
    What a an absolute crock! And the 'E' stands for enforcement? I find that both hilarious and sadly ironic since they can't enforce one damn policy and people are free to operate at their leisure.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcdonald View Post
    You should be very proud to have this outatanding young woman elected to the prestigious post she now holds. It will bring many benefits to Ontario. CLEAR is an international organization of agencies that face similar issues as your "college", and this leadership position will allow Caroline to learn much and bring that back home. Are you getting your money's woth? As an outsider, I cannot factually say, but this CLEAR leadership role will be a great benefit.
    Are you kidding me??? When I'm able to stop laughing and pick myself up from the floor, I'm going to then head straight to the liquor cabinet for a shot.

Occupation
    Sorry, I thought you were asking a question, not attempting to carry some personal issue forward. It is clear you already have formulated an answer to your own question, so it is useless to comment further.
    I vote to change it to 'UNCLEAR'. This would make perfect sense to me and provide the catalyst in providing the 'true' answer of what is exactly going on.

Occupation
    The registrar belonging to organizations like this, and in fact leading them, may prove valuable to Ontario in that she will be able to learn from peers how things are handled in their jurisdictions. I think I indicated that above, and feel that is a tangible benefit. Bringing information back to her organization can provide great information to share with your members. You make it appear that she is constantly away from her duties. I cannot speak to that, as I have indicated now twice. You also indicate that she is only padding her resume, and that may be true. But having such recognition is also a benefit to the College.

Now, whether it be a personal issue or not, it clearly appears you have some issues. I was merely indicating this CLEAR organization does good work, and her election as a leader was, I thought from the outside, a good thing. I was merely attempting to be congratulatory. Now, if you feel that is being closed-minded, then so be it, but I shant be drug into your personal vendetta.
    OMG, now the 'Power' fan club has two members. Boy that Kool-Aid is strong stuff.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Amazing that a renowned , and well respected person can not or will not back up anything they are saying beyond a non-specific generality.

Can anyone point to a realistic benefit to The College of Opticians of Ontario and it's members ?

bilateral peripheral scotoma LandLord's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by eyemanflying View Post
    I vote to change it to 'UNCLEAR'. This would make perfect sense to me and provide the catalyst in providing the 'true' answer of what is exactly going on.
    UNCLEAR is a perfect name. I am UNCLEAR about what Caroline Powers does for the college. I am UNCLEAR about what the college does for anyone in Ontario. The only thing I am clear about is that my money pays for people like CAROLINE to take fancy trips and stay in hotels rubbing elbows with influentials who can appoint her to other positions. Almost like a political campaign. Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it appears that ONTARIO OPTICIANS PAID FOR CAROLINE'S CAMPAIGN TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT OF CLEAR.
    Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by LandLord View Post
    ..... Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it appears that ONTARIO OPTICIANS PAID FOR CAROLINE'S CAMPAIGN TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT OF CLEAR.
    I mean no disrespect to anyone ,but no campaign was neccessary as she was acclaimed , no one else wanted the position . http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../06/c3530.html

That does not mean that Ontario Opticians did not fund the travel to Alaska though. Does anyone know who did pay for those trips ?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Last edited by idispense; 01-21-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I think you are all making assumptions about where money is being spent. Does anyone know categorically that there is an abuse of funds or are you all just spouting inuendo?

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by optical maven View Post
    I think you are all making assumptions about where money is being spent. Does anyone know categorically that there is an abuse of funds or are you all just spouting inuendo?
    No one mentioned abuse of funds. However ,now that you have brought it up , What does it mean when an employee & Past President steadfastly refuse to answer member questions , month after month after month regarding $ 85,000.00 of External Relation Expenses ?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord View Post
    unclear is a perfect name. I am unclear about what caroline powers does for the college. I am unclear about what the college does for anyone in ontario. The only thing i am clear about is that my money pays for people like caroline to take fancy trips and stay in hotels rubbing elbows with influentials who can appoint her to other positions. Almost like a political campaign. Yeah, the more i think about it, the more it appears that ontario opticians paid for caroline's campaign to run for president of clear.
    bingo!

Occupation
    Are you suggesting that she used her own funds? Or funds from a non-profit organization that I don't believe existed at the time? Pffft, not likely. Until the COO can categorize in its annual financial report where/what the funds were spent/used for (to which it currently does not disclose that level of detail), then yes, I consider this both factual and/or inuendo.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I think some of you should run for office and be directly involved from the inside.

Occupation
    I think some of you should run for office and be directly involved from the inside.
    I agree; but would require a 100% top-down complete overhaul and replacement of everyone to ensure it is rebuilt from a clean slate and able to regain the trust of its members.

I would throw my name in the hat.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by eyemanflying View Post
    I agree; but would require a 100% top-down complete overhaul and replacement of everyone to ensure it is rebuilt from a clean slate and able to regain the trust of its members.

I would throw my name in the hat.
    Yes , but would you go to the current meetings to get up to speed on what is happening ? Or do you care from afar ?

Thread Information