• Show
Clear All

• NFL Lockout in 2011?

No Football?
    ...Just ask me...

It would be nice

Comment

what's football, precious?
      Bart Smith, continuing to be awesome since 1982 so that you don't have to.

Love is a duet, each voice complementing each other and making them sound better than they would alone, each voice at times stepping back and letting the other shine. We've got a pretty good duet going Tina.

On April 28th, I'll be marrying my best friend. I can't wait!

Comment

My booki... err friend is giving 4-5 odds it will happen.:D
        Thank goodness for the NFL farm system.;)

And who will be the biggest winners?

Lawyers!

Comment

And we fans will be the losers.

There's so much money in pro football, and these greedy SOBs have to squabble over it, like the other side is taking food right out of their mouths. They all suck.
          ...Just ask me...

Comment

Well, they've been paying their players way too much (so is baseball) for so long, it's a wonder they've not all gone bankrupt.
            DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
            "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

What are the points of contention between the union and players?

Comment

Both the players and the owners have seen record increases in profitability. The quibble is who is getting more of the increase (the players want more- the owners naturally feel they are getting enough). I'm solidly on the side of ownership on this one. In my opinion, if there is a lockout it will be directly the fault of the player's representative. Every time I have heard him speak, he is inflammatory and unreasonable. He tries soooooo hard to portray the players as being "cheated," and when you look at the numbers, the story just doesn't hold water.

Anyway, there will not be a lockout, because the NFL would have to give back millions in TV contract money- and the owners won't allow that to happen. Unfortunately, the players got a provision during the last negotiations that prohibits the owners from hiring scabs to replace the stars (I actually enjoyed watching the scabs play last time).
                Pete Hanlin, ABOM
                Vice President Professional Services
                Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Comment

Working...
                X