Thread: TEKA Eyewear...anyone worked with this frame line?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

TEKA Eyewear...anyone worked with this frame line?

I recently had an opportunity to see the TEKA Eyewear frame line at Vision Expo West, and was hoping I could get some feedback from some opticians who have worked with the line or currently have it in his/her optical. Thanks for any feedback!

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We brought in 10 pieces of the wood and horn rimless at Expo. Haven't sold one yet and haven't had a lot of interest in them so far.

However, I think that my next purchase will be one of the buffalo horn Teka frames to help drive people that way. That has worked really well with my Freeform frames by Acuity. I have moved about 10 of those frames in the last 8 months just by wearing one.
    A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer

Teka Eyewear Award winning line

To all the esteemed Optiboard members, We at Teka Eyewear invite you to take a look at our website www.tekaeyewear.com and browse this amazing collection and post your comments.
    We will be doing a raffle on March 1st from all the commenters giving away 3 free frames.
    Teka Eyewear has won the best new product award at the last two vision expo's.
    For more information please see this months edition of 20/20. http://www.2020mag.com/Features/View...9/Default.aspx

In keeping with the au courant fashion trends, Teka Eyewear frames are creative and exude vitality. Teka Eyewear appeals to the classy, fashion savvy customer base by incorporating sleek sophistication into the temple and frame shape design. Teka Eyewear is fashioned for people who value comfort and quality just as much as chic classiness.

Our frames are affordably priced yet fashioned from top quality Buffalo horn, exotic wood, aluminum, and leather. Our designer has carefully selected the supple, sinuous look of leather in a wide selection of colors to develop a look of understated elegance. Buffalo horn frames are hand-crafted for connoisseurs and lovers of that special one-of-a-kind item. These natural frames are also renowned for their harmonious colors, characteristic, fibrous structures, and anti-allergenic properties. Exotic woods with varying grains and colors are imported from across the world and emphasize natural earth tones, letting Mother Nature style a design of her own. Innovative frames delicately adorned with jewels lend a feminine allure.

The timeless, classic grace of Teka Eyewear means they can be worn by anyone, anytime, at any place.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Your temples are definitly beautiful but its very hard to make a overall judgement on the frame because at no point are you showing the whole frame. I would be able to form a better opinion if on the ones you feature the temple you have a smaller picture of the front and vice-versa.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Your comment will be taken into consideration when the website will be revamped

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Would you like to have this product reviewed at the Upcoming UnExpo? Send me a PM, and I can see if we can make arrangements to have them viewed.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    NICE....but I am surprised you are syill making the rimless frames with nut & bolt mountings. This alone is something that I cannot accept. With N&B mountings there is always the problem of loose lens and the client having to have them adjusted constantly. Is there no way you can create a "bushing mounting"

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    HI Coupe
    Thanks for your comment,
    These particular frames need the screw and bolt because they are very rigid being that they are made from wood and horn and the metal is pretty thick. However our new model to be released and VEE will have bushings since the metal is a very thin stainless steel that has flex to it.
    In our experience the bushings only work well when there is flex it the temple.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thank you for the explanation and I will drop your booth to take a look.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Like Gold & Wood

Quote Originally Posted by rmcdaniel View Post
    I recently had an opportunity to see the TEKA Eyewear frame line at Vision Expo West, and was hoping I could get some feedback from some opticians who have worked with the line or currently have it in his/her optical. Thanks for any feedback!
    It's like Gold & Wood. We have this line and G&W looks a lot nicer. We do great with G&W. Check them out. Very comfortable.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by emile18 View Post
    It's like Gold & Wood. We have this line and G&W looks a lot nicer. We do great with G&W. Check them out. Very comfortable.

I've seen the Gold and Wood frames in 20/20. They are listed $$$$$ price point I believe. I sure bet they cost a lot more then Teka.

I've got the Teka line and I really like them. I've sold 3 or 4 frames so far. The price point is good and the look and feel of quality and MADE IN ITALY really shines. I also carry the OGA line with real wood temples.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by kramkram View Post
    HI Coupe
    Thanks for your comment,
    These particular frames need the screw and bolt because they are very rigid being that they are made from wood and horn and the metal is pretty thick. However our new model to be released and VEE will have bushings since the metal is a very thin stainless steel that has flex to it.
    In our experience the bushings only work well when there is flex it the temple.
    The screw and bolt design is very good if you glue them:)
    I need LOCTITE 460 or a number in the 460's that is safe for poly lenses. The only place I know where to get it is B&S in Germany. Does anyone know of some other distributor in the US that carries this product?

Thanks

Jeff

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Definitely a high interest on those from my end. I had seen the Gold and Wood frames before but didn't even want to begin to touch them on a price basis. This could be really cool!

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    We brought them in a month or so ago. We are having better luck with the acetate and metal models. IMHO the little metal logo danglies just get in the way.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Teka Aluminum line

I have sold a lot of the aluminium frames. People love the way they feel on their face and also the lightness of the material.

Thread Information