Thread: Topcon imaging slit lamp

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Topcon imaging slit lamp

anyone have any experience with the Topcon DC-3 camera setup? advice, something better?

Occupation
    Optometrist
    We bought two of these earlier this year. Works great and an easy upgrade if you already have their slit lamps. You'll also need the fiber optic field light. There's a learning curve for taking all sorts of photos but once you're used to it, it works well. The Imagenet software is easy to use and ours is all interfaced with ExamWriter for easy patient info transfer into the software.

If I remember correctly, it's a heck of a lot less expensive than the offerings from Marco and other companies. You'll get something like $45 to $50 from insurance companies for anterior segment photos billed under the 92285 code.
    -Steve

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Do you have the DC-3 or DC-1, SL-d1, 4, 7 or 8z? any reason you chose your combination?

Thanks or the help, I wont be the one using the tools so I'm reasearching based on other people's experiences and my practicality.

My biggest hope is to use it for patient education on EVERY patient as a form of advertising. Is this possible with an OD seeing mainly geriatric patients every 20 minutes or will it be the bottleneck?

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I'm at home but I'm pretty sure it's the DC-3. We actually had Marco's that weren't all that old - 1 and 3 years old for the two of them but it was less expensive for us to swap them out and change to Topcon and get their imaging software/equipment. Plus, Marco is somewhat new to anterior seg photography and that made me more nervous from a software point of view.

Seeing geriatric patient q20 minutes might be tough. It takes a minute to take pictures but explaining them and all that would add some time. Consider they also tend to take longer to refract, etc. I tend to find more use with the anterior segment cameras for contact lens wearers, foreign bodies, GPC, ulcers, etc.
    -Steve

Thread Information