Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good yogic exercises for weak eye sights

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I have a fool proof method for improving acuity! It's all natural and takes only seconds to learn!!! Of course it might not bring you to 20/20 but it sure can help!!! Interested? I thought so!

...it's called squinting!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I know some *EXERCISES* that have been said to make you go BLIND!!!!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:;)

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    I know some *EXERCISES* that have been said to make you go BLIND!!!!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:;)
    On the plus side you get a pretty buff right arm!!!!:drop:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I like the right arm pint curl. It does tend to blur the vision a bit however over time. But wow the ladies start to look really nice! hehe :cheers::cheers::cheers:

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by fjpod View Post
    You are quite incorrect, my friend. You should study optometry school curriculua. Optometry IS the repository of behavioral visual functioning. Vast amounts of behavioral visual research occurs there. Optometrists invented the idea of using exercises to "improve" the eyes.
    Yes optometry does talk about function but I hear very little about behavior. I don’t hear about how people jut their heads forward and their necks get more stiff as their prescriptions get stronger. I don’t hear about how the eye movements get fewer and more sluggish and effortful as prescriptions get stronger. I don’t hear about how blinking becomes reduced and more effortful as prescriptions get stronger. I don’t hear about how breathing becomes very shallow and reduced. Some people cautiously try to understand what I am talking about, but mostly all I appear to hear is that that’s ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalEyes View Post
    When Dr. William H. Bates had all his success, people tried to copy what he was doing and market it. They did not ask him personally and the best they could come up with was Eye Exercises.
    We would like nothing more than for what you claim to be true...but it has been proven not to be the case. Scientific research has proven that the things you "teach" do not cure myopia (beyond perhaps .5 diopters, and it is not permanent), or presbyopia. Vision therapy, if I may use the term loosely, ameliorates amblyopia, perhaps strabismus, convergence insufficiency and the like.
    I haven’t see that. Bates proved his work well enough for our day let alone his time. He was the best scientist and humanitarian of vision at the time and the Optometric Society kicked him out and banned him from publishing in their medical journals. It’s good that people have gone after eye exercises and their unsubstantiated claims and pinhole glasses and their unsubstantiated claims. The charlatans who pushed these as "the cure all" should be put in their place for their lack of study and research and willingness to take all the money they could without giving an honorable service or product in return. But real Natural Eyesight Improvement and its dedicated Teachers are sluffed in with the same mix without any ability to defend themselves.

I wish you would stop recommending palming as it has been known to cause reduced blood flow to the optic nerve head at the level of the lamina cribrosa, and can cause optic nerve "snuff-out". I doubt if you will find this information on Google.
    What you define is not palming. It is no where near palming. In palming the hands rest lightly on the brow and the cheek and do not make any kind of contact with the eyelids or the eyeballs underneath. The dark in contrast to light and the warmth and energy from the hands are very relaxing and help undo the strain and tension and damage of blurry vision habits and Artificial Corrections. Yet how many people will take you word for it and not consider mine.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Pit View Post
    I have a fool proof method for improving acuity! It's all natural and takes only seconds to learn!!! Of course it might not bring you to 20/20 but it sure can help!!! Interested? I thought so!

Squinting is a blurry vision habit and all substantial Natural Eyesight Improvement Teachers teach it as something to be recognised and avoided. It may bring temporary clarity from the pinhole effect and the squeezing of the eyeball but always results in increased blur, strain, and tension.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes optometry does talk about function but I hear very little about behavior. I don’t hear about how people jut their heads forward and their necks get more stiff as their prescriptions get stronger. I don’t hear about how the eye movements get fewer and more sluggish and effortful as prescriptions get stronger. I don’t hear about how blinking becomes reduced and more effortful as prescriptions get stronger. I don’t hear about how breathing becomes very shallow and reduced. Some people cautiously try to understand what I am talking about, but mostly all I appear to hear is that that’s ridiculous.

I haven’t see that. Bates proved his work well enough for our day let alone his time. He was the best scientist and humanitarian of vision at the time and the Optometric Society kicked him out and banned him from publishing in their medical journals. It’s good that people have gone after eye exercises and their unsubstantiated claims and pinhole glasses and their unsubstantiated claims. The charlatans who pushed these as "the cure all" should be put in their place for their lack of study and research and willingness to take all the money they could without giving an honorable service or product in return. But real Natural Eyesight Improvement and its dedicated Teachers are sluffed in with the same mix without any ability to defend themselves.

What you define is not palming. It is no where near palming. In palming the hands rest lightly on the brow and the cheek and do not make any kind of contact with the eyelids or the eyeballs underneath. The dark in contrast to light and the warmth and energy from the hands are very relaxing and help undo the strain and tension and damage of blurry vision habits and Artificial Corrections. Yet how many people will take you word for it and not consider mine.
    Again Natural Eyes, I challenge you to actually spend the time to learn and fully know and understand the claims you are making against ocular/optical medicine. The statements you make here in response to your claims being dismissed as charlatanism do not prove that there is any basis in fact for any form of "cure". I would state once more that what you purport to be a "cure" for disease and refractive error is no more possible than jumping to the moon from your front porch. It smacks of a marked: "lack of study and research and willingness to take all the money they could without giving an honorable service or product in return" if I make make so bold as to use your own terms. Furthermore, I personally believe this practice is dangerous to an otherwise un/under-educated general public.

Please please PLEASE let me very resolutely encourage you to better yourself by understanding much more fully the field in which you would seemingly like to do so much good. Attend formal training in the various fields. Gain a true and proper understanding both of what is taught, and of the means and methods used in current medicine (both western and eastern) to manage and treat ocular conditions. And with that knowledge under your belt, I believe you would perhaps be much better suited to implement your thoughts and feelings as they are at present and come up with a much more plausible means of helping people to see clearly, and enjoy a better quality of life.

I would like to point out, that we're all here, just as likely to poke fun at one another as we are at anyone else. So do not take offense to what you feel is a dismissal of your practices as a personal attack. We're all sure you're an up and up guy. However, you do need a vast amount of training, education and general information before you can make many of the statements you are claiming with integrity and validity. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck in your journey, and PLEASE seek further enlightenment.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by k12311997 View Post
    question 2 if bad vision is learned why is it that 100 of thousands of Lasik patients (who have been proberly screened for a stable Rx and didn't just choose the least expensive surgery center.) maintain post operative acuities and not revert to their pre op acuity
    This is a good question. Blurry vision starts when a person has a stressful time in life either emotionally or physically. They learn to strain, squint, or stare, in response to this stressful time and they get a little blurry vision. Sometimes a person will overcome that stressful time and return to clarity. Often times a person will go to an optometrist as they are told to do and the optometrist gives them a prescription to give them perfect eyesight.

Nothing is changed about the person's vision behavior so the person has to maintain the strain in order to continue to see clearly through the prescriptions. Whenever the person has stress they have more strain and tension which settles into the eyes and the person regularly gets a stronger prescription to compensate. Also nearsighted prescriptions make the image that falls on the retina smaller. The brain tries to make the image larger by squeezing the eyeball longer.

Eventually the person learns how to handle stress in their lives and vision settles out. But they are still susceptible to further blurry vision during stressful times like College and such.

Lasik is etching one's prescription on to their eyeballs. If a person has stress they are susceptible to their blur increasing gradually, same as if they were using glasses.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Lasik is etching one's prescription on to their eyeballs.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This is a good question. Blurry vision starts when a person has a stressful time in life either emotionally or physically. They learn to strain, squint, or stare, in response to this stressful time and they get a little blurry vision. Sometimes a person will overcome that stressful time and return to clarity. Often times a person will go to an optometrist as they are told to do and the optometrist gives them a prescription to give them perfect eyesight.

Nothing is changed about the person's vision behavior so the person has to maintain the strain in order to continue to see clearly through the prescriptions. Whenever the person has stress they have more strain and tension which settles into the eyes and the person regularly gets a stronger prescription to compensate. Also nearsighted prescriptions make the image that falls on the retina smaller. The brain tries to make the image larger by squeezing the eyeball longer.

Eventually the person learns how to handle stress in their lives and vision settles out. But they are still susceptible to further blurry vision during stressful times like College and such.

Lasik is etching one's prescription on to their eyeballs. If a person has stress they are susceptible to their blur increasing gradually, same as if they were using glasses.
    So let's see, you're saying that stress in life will cause blur. OK, so by this line of thinking, every human born should be practically blind. Few things I can think of more stressful to a body than the birthing process - both to mother and child. Yet, there are plenty of emmetropic humans, of all ages even, running around. I also know a good deal of people who work in extremely stressful environments who remain emmetropic.

I would be highly interested to read any published works making the direct link to patients in a myopic state being made so specifically by the ocular musculature of the eye, and furthermore specifically related to lifestyle stressors. Not saying they don't exist - just would love to read them if they do.

I would also be very interested to know how this stress in lifestyle seems to always push people in the direction of myopic shift alone, as seems to be indicated by your comments here instead of a hyperopic shift. We see a great number of patients who can move in either direction for a great number of reasons.

I am most intrigued by the claims such as: "Reduced occurrences of floaters and eye diseases: like cataracts, macular degeneration, etc." How is this possible? And where is it documented? This is what's so dangerous to state - all other things aside.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Pit View Post

How about pinhole spectacles. They cure myopia.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

OK ok, so I admit you had me for a while. I read this whole thread with increasing concern up to here. Thanks for the laugh.

:hammer:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I just re-read the title of this thread..."good yogic exercises for weak eyesights."

There is nothing WEAK about BLURRY eyesight. The idea that weak muscles, or that eyes can be exercised into clarity is wishful thinking on the part of those who have not studied the science behind visual blur.

And this is from an OD that has studied behavioral vision, and has a significant size VT practice.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
    I would like to point out, that we're all here, just as likely to poke fun at one another as we are at anyone else. So do not take offense to what you feel is a dismissal of your practices as a personal attack. We're all sure you're an up and up guy.
    Sounds good. I tend to be pretty cerebral(left brained), especially in my writing. I can learn to lighten up.

Again Natural Eyes, I challenge you to actually spend the time to learn and fully know and understand the claims you are making against ocular/optical medicine. The statements you make here in response to your claims being dismissed as charlatanism do not prove that there is any basis in fact for any form of "cure". I would state once more that what you purport to be a "cure" for disease and refractive error is no more possible than jumping to the moon from your front porch. It smacks of a marked: "lack of study and research and willingness to take all the money they could without giving an honorable service or product in return" if I make make so bold as to use your own terms. Furthermore, I personally believe this practice is dangerous to an otherwise un/under-educated general public.

I’m not making claims against ocular/optical medicine. I’m just reiterating what was discovered by Dr. William H. Bates and repeating what he said. I love those in Optometry and Medicine, they do the best of what they know and have sacrificed and served greatly. Emergency Medicine is the best in the world. Some people have just found that they are missing some things and are behind on some things.

All I do is teach people the blurry vision habits to unlearn, the clear vision habits to reintegrate into their daily lives, and the many self healing activities to siphon off the strain and tension of blurry vision habits. They choose to learn these things and do them. When they do this, many have experienced: a great release of strain and tension, improved vision, a greatly diminished awareness of floaters, etc. I don’t tell people at all what to do, nor do I tell them what they have. I don’t do anything medical. What I teach is no more complicated than piano lessons or martial arts and I give examples of what others have achieved and experienced.

Please please PLEASE let me very resolutely encourage you to better yourself by understanding much more fully the field in which you would seemingly like to do so much good. Attend formal training in the various fields. Gain a true and proper understanding both of what is taught, and of the means and methods used in current medicine (both western and eastern) to manage and treat ocular conditions. And with that knowledge under your belt, I believe you would perhaps be much better suited to implement your thoughts and feelings as they are at present and come up with a much more plausible means of helping people to see clearly, and enjoy a better quality of life.
    I’m not in the Optometric or Medical field, they don't talk about these things. There are plenty of great Optometrists and Doctors who do a great job of prescribing glasses and monitoring disease. All my students are under the observation of their medical professionals. I’m basically a history teacher. I teach what people have done and have perfected their own eyesight naturally. When I describe the things I teach to Optometrists they all usually say that no harm could be done by any of these activities and they also say that no one has improved their eyesight by these activities, that is until my students come back to them for reduced prescriptions.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    So let's see, you're saying that stress in life will cause blur. OK, so by this line of thinking, every human born should be practically blind. Few things I can think of more stressful to a body than the birthing process - both to mother and child. Yet, there are plenty of emmetropic humans, of all ages even, running around. I also know a good deal of people who work in extremely stressful environments who remain emmetropic.
    Stress "can" encourage blurry vision habits, not always though. It depends on what kind of stress and how we respond to it. Stress is normal and can be good if it is not excessive and we respond to it in a healthy way. People can be taught how to respond to vision stressors in a healthy way and not allow the blurry vision habits to settle in.

I would be highly interested to read any published works making the direct link to patients in a myopic state being made so specifically by the ocular musculature of the eye, and furthermore specifically related to lifestyle stressors. Not saying they don't exist - just would love to read them if they do.
    I am most intrigued by the claims such as: "Reduced occurrences of floaters and eye diseases: like cataracts, macular degeneration, etc." How is this possible? And where is it documented? This is what's so dangerous to state - all other things aside.
    Dr. William H. Bates’ book is amazing. It contains much of his brilliant research. http://bit.ly/7OFWMP .That’s where I get most of my information. When he was kicked out by the Optometric Society he was banned from publishing his work in Optometric journals. He kept his own journals in the form of Better Eyesight News Letters http://bit.ly/8yNc2C . Clara Hackett also has many case histories in her books.

I would also be very interested to know how this stress in lifestyle seems to always push people in the direction of myopic shift alone, as seems to be indicated by your comments here instead of a hyperopic shift. We see a great number of patients who can move in either direction for a great number of reasons.
    Different stresses cause different blur. Tom Q. came to an understanding that we become nearsighted or farsighted/presbyopic based on brain dominance. If a left brain dominant person learns blurry vision habits they usually learn them in response to life stress when they are younger and become nearsighted. If a right brain dominant person learns blurry vision habits they usually learn them when they are around forty and become farsighted/presbyopic. Then when prescriptions become strong enough, people eventually lose the good vision that they had, nearsights lose their up close vision and farsights lose their distance vision.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    How about pinhole spectacles. They cure myopia.
    That was the claim of some pinhole glasses marketers and they got put in their place for these unsubstantiated claims. Pinhole glasses do give clarity but brightness is greatly diminised. For some people it helps their eyes relax. Their eyes don't strain to try to see clearly. Relaxation is a key to natural perfect eyesight. For most people, without a knowledge of Natural Perfect eyesight, they will have no benefit outside of wearing the glasses.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation

Quote Originally Posted by opty4062 View Post
    OK ok, so I admit you had me for a while. I read this whole thread with increasing concern up to here. Thanks for the laugh.

:hammer:
    Well, a flap is cut into the cornea before they etch the prescription into the eyeball.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    I just re-read the title of this thread..."good yogic exercises for weak eyesights."

There is nothing WEAK about BLURRY eyesight. The idea that weak muscles, or that eyes can be exercised into clarity is wishful thinking on the part of those who have not studied the science behind visual blur.

And this is from an OD that has studied behavioral vision, and has a significant size VT practice.
    Yeah that's what eye exercises(eye pushups, eye yoga, eye aerobics) are based on - the eye muscles are weak and need to be excercised.

Just like you say to those who understand vision behavior and Natural Perfect Eyesight, this is ridiculous. The eye muscles are many times stronger than they need to be. I teach about upgrading our vision software for these challenging times and not putting our eyes on crutches longer than they need to be.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ...The eye muscles are many times stronger than they need to be. I teach about upgrading our vision software for these challenging times and not putting our eyes on crutches longer than they need to be.
    I'm lost. They're stronger than they need to be...how exactly? By who's yardstick?

And I'm still very unclear about how doing nothing to actually change the ray paths of the photons entering the eye a 'treatment' can provide any permanent visual correction. The notion that every eye is emmetropic by nature and only needs 'training' to see perfectly seems, well, ludicrous at best.

As a scientific minded bunch, can you provide those of us here with anything more than a general "my method works" and give some hard facts as to what mechanisms you use, on which ocular structures and how what you propose is accurate, permanent or actually more effective than modern ocular medicine?

Thanks.

kashifpk
    I think the tips you have provided are really helpful for relaxing the eyes as well as clear the vision.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Kashifpk, I will appologise beforehand if I'm simply misreading your blog you link to here - but it *appears* to me that you condone buying contact lenses from the internet to change the color of one's eyes - without a prescription or interaction from a trained eye care professional - assuming a given patient's eyes don't *need* an Rx *correction*. Have I missed something big there? Thanks for clarifying.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Vt

When I was a child they put me through VT. It did stregthen my eye sight. I still needed surgery for for Exothrouphia but I really beleive it helped. My parents purchased a large black board and I would stand close to the board and draw large circles focusing on the center where the two circles met. also bringing the pencil to the nose, stuff like that.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I understand VT and how it is commonly employed today. However, what it being claimed here is not VT. It is something far more Grey and potentially dangerous. Hence the calls for full disclosure and detailed explanations. Still waiting.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    That was the claim of some pinhole glasses marketers and they got put in their place for these unsubstantiated claims. Pinhole glasses do give clarity but brightness is greatly diminised. For some people it helps their eyes relax. Their eyes don't strain to try to see clearly. Relaxation is a key to natural perfect eyesight. For most people, without a knowledge of Natural Perfect eyesight, they will have no benefit outside of wearing the glasses.
    I don't understand how you can say that pinhole glasses make the eyes relax. They don't make things as clear as glasses, and they darken and obstruct your vision. What scientific evidence do you have that this relaxes the eyes?

Anecdotely, people will say that they think they see better when they remove them, but that's because the pinholes dimmed their vision in the first place.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I don't understand how you can say that pinhole glasses make the eyes relax. They don't make things as clear as glasses, and they darken and obstruct your vision. What scientific evidence do you have that this relaxes the eyes?

Anecdotely, people will say that they think they see better when they remove them, but that's because the pinholes dimmed their vision in the first place.

Kind of like banging your head against the wall so it will feel good when you stop?
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Thread Information