Jeffrey Kosh Dies at 56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffrey Kosh Dies at 56

Jeff Kosh passed away on December 11th about complications arising from pneumonia. Jeff was co-owner of Kosh Ophthalmic in Florida, along with his brother Stuart, and past president of the Optical Laboratories Association. He is survived by his wife Mindy, two step-children, his brother, and his mother.

I worked with Jeff while he was chairman of ANSI's Z80 Subcommittee on Prescription Ophthalmic Lenses. He was an extremely personable individual, and I'm sure he will be missed by many in our Industry.
    Darryl J. Meister, ABOM

Huge Loss

While I did not know Mr. Kosh well, he was a good man who did great things for the industry. He will be sorely missed. My condolences to his family.

Comment

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Kosh at a dinner in DC several years ago. He was a very personable and knowlegeable gentleman. He will be missed, as are so many we have lost in the industry in recent months.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this news. I'll keep his friends and family in my prayers.

Comment

I am stunned and sorry to hear that.

I started my career at Kosh. When I was there Jeffrey and Stuart worked there almost every day. From time to time their elderly mother would come in and everyone would stop and give her respect (kiss butt).

I was 18 yrs old and didn't know the first thing about the optical business. A short lady named Mickey was the customer service manager. She highered me to pull blanks for the surface department. I was basically an optical gopher. (Go for this, Go for that)

Jeffrey once sent me out in the lab to get a box of optical centers, I made it to about three different people before I caught on.

He used to walk around singing "do be do be dooo" in his best Frank Sinatra voice. I would ask him if his voice was warmed up yet. He never sang anything else that I can remember.

I didn't learn everything at Kosh but I did cut my optical teeth there. I'm 37 yrs old now and in the last 19 years the Optical business has been good to me. I have always given Kosh credit for my start.

How sad.

Brandon M. Howard
          Last edited by BMH; 12-16-2009, 07:43 PM.
          Properly medicated for your protection.

Comment

I am very sorry to hear about Jeff.

56 is way to young to go.

Jim
            Jim Schafer
            Retired From PPG Industries/
            Transitions Optical, Inc.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less.
            Paul Brown

Comment

Condolences

I met Jeff when he was very young, a very long time ago, in Atlanta, GA at the old Southeastern Society of Dispensing Opticians meeting, when it was very well attended and the exhibit hall had 100+ exhibitors. I always enjoyed speaking with him, and felt that he was knowledgeable and willing to share that knowledge. The industry has lost a good man.

Diane
              Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

Working...
              X