Thread: VSP Reveal Freeform

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

VSP Reveal Freeform

I just saw an article in "Vision Monday" about VSP and Zeiss releasing new lenses called the Reveal and Reveal Freeform, but I know nothing about it. A quick search on the OptiBoard search didn't reveal anything, either. Any idea with what it is comparable?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NAH View Post
    I just saw an article in "Vision Monday" about VSP and Zeiss releasing new lenses called the Reveal and Reveal Freeform, but I know nothing about it. A quick search on the OptiBoard search didn't reveal anything, either. Any idea with what it is comparable?
    Just spoke to rep today and she stated that the zeiss gt2 is comparable to the reveal freeform.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    VSP took Shamir AutoII design and called it Unity and now they are taking Zeiss GT2 design and calling it Reveal. Its all about trying to save money on click fees by eliminating the brand name.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by GokhanSF View Post
    VSP took Shamir AutoII design and called it Unity and now they are taking Zeiss GT2 design and calling it Reveal. Its all about trying to save money on click fees by eliminating the brand name.
    100% not true. The designs are not as you noted. The fitting charts may look similar but they are not the above designs. Please stop spreading incorrect information. Come to their booth at VEW if you wish to discuss further. They will be more than glad to do so. Want further proof, order the same Rx in each, then make an appointment with their lab and have them use the AR Lensmapper to show you the Rx cut and compare the topography results. Completely different.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by racethe1320 View Post
    100% not true. The designs are not as you noted. The fitting charts may look similar but they are not the above designs. Please stop spreading incorrect information. Come to their booth at VEW if you wish to discuss further. They will be more than glad to do so. Want further proof, order the same Rx in each, then make an appointment with their lab and have them use the AR Lensmapper to show you the Rx cut and compare the topography results. Completely different.
    It is 100% true. I would recommend you do a good research before you reply to my post regarding this and don't call me on spreading incorrect information. Regarding further proof, I have been personally working on this project since last December with VSP and Shamir.
    Last edited by GokhanSF; 08-30-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by racethe1320 View Post
    Come to their booth at VEW if you wish to discuss further. They will be more than glad to do so.
    Will you be there at the booth? If you want we can go there together and see who is incorrect. And we can also bet some money on this if you like as I can use some extra cash :)

Occupation
    Optometrist
    It is 100% true. I would recommend you do a good research before you reply to my post regarding this and don't call me on spreading incorrect information. Regarding further proof, I have been personally working on this project since last December with VSP and Shamir.
    It's not 100% true and I'm sure you know it, but then perhaps you don't. If you've only been involved since last December, then I have a couple years on you regarding the matter on their entire portfolio, some of which isn't even released just yet. The designs / designers used for their UNITY Product are not the same in all regions nor are all their UNITY Products produced or designed by the same entity. It's not just entirely about saving money on click fees either. Perhaps you don't fully understand their position or reason for developing their own branded products. In fact, I'm quite sure you don't have all the information as to what the initiative is about long term Who knows, perhaps you'll come back from VEW with a better understanding. Some things however, you'll have to wait a little longer to see come to light.
    Last edited by racethe1320; 09-01-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Will you be there at the booth? If you want we can go there together and see who is incorrect. And we can also bet some money on this if you like as I can use some extra cash :)
    I'll be there. However, I don't need to go there to see who is correct. That I can assure you. Perhaps you do though.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I can't verify one way or the other, but the VSP lab told me to go off of the Auto II office for fitting and edging the unity office. Tell me this, who holds the patents for these lenses, because they sure act an awful lot like Shamir products and follow all of the Auto II product lines. I guess we will be seeing an UNITY golf/outdoor lens next. Regarding the Reveal, it has been my impression that that was always advertised as a partnership.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by jmainwar View Post
    I guess we will be seeing an UNITY golf/outdoor lens next. Regarding the Reveal, it has been my impression that that was always advertised as a partnership.
    What you'll see at VEW is cool stuff and they definitely own the patents on it. not golf. more later.......

Regarding Reveal, yes, it's a partnership and a jointly branded product. UNITY is VSP's BRAND. None of the various products under their brand is tied to any one specific design team. GokhanSF knows this.

Stay tuned.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    racethe1320 I see where you are coming from and not going to argue with you. Info I gave wasn't incorrect we both know it however, it will be incorrect very soon as they are changing the design. I don't want to provide any names here to prove who is right or who is wrong. I agree on some points you made that's for sure.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    racethe1320 I see where you are coming from and not going to argue with you. Info I gave wasn't incorrect we both know it however, it will be incorrect very soon as they are changing the design. I don't want to provide any names here to prove who is right or who is wrong. I agree on some points you made that's for sure.
    You have PM in response to yours. Taking it off-line out of respect for all involved as some things are not our place to discuss here

In the end you are still incorrect in the source of the their designs. NIether were based on designs marketed here in the states. Again, if you were in fact involved you would know that. Talk with them or better yet, put the same Rx from the various designs in a mapper. Topography will clearly show the differences behind each.
    Last edited by racethe1320; 09-06-2012 at 08:46 AM.

MasterCrafter OptiBoarder MasterCrafter's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    This lens has a very prominent reading area. It almost looks like a blended bi-focal. So so feedback from our PT's.. thought i'd throw my 2 pennies in

Thread Information