Thread: If Telemarketers bug you as much as me,....STRIKE BACK!

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

If Telemarketers bug you as much as me,....STRIKE BACK!

Go to the following website and register your complaint.
    http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcam...call/index.htm

They are trying to get some public feedback before passing a "do not call" rule.I'm gd sick and tired of having them call at inopportune times.I registered my complaint and you can do the same.
    This is your chance to put a stop to it!

hj
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There is an $ 85.00 gadget that you can get from Radio Shack and Sears. It deletes your number from telemarketer's lists.

Probably worth every penny. Don't know why these people don't realize that if I want to buy something from you I will call you.

Chip

Bad address email on file ioconnell's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Fortunately, telemarketers here are few and far between,

But on the ocasional on that I do see coming up on my caller id, I would say "O'Connells funeral home" and listen to their muttering silence:bbg:

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Big Smile

I just hand the phone to my daughter at 8 she can bore anyone to death rabbitting on about nothing for hours on end.....
    But the best option is to block the line by being connected to Optiboard 24/7:bbg: Now there's a thought to cheer Steve up.....

Bad address email on file OptiBoard Gold Supporter Sean's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Harry,
    I caught the end of that on the news last night . The only part i heard was that they would be fined $11000 to $ $15000 for each offense if they called someone on the list. But i missed the part on how to register the complaint. Thank's for the info i'll do that as soon as i get off the OB.

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Harry,
    I have an unlisted phone number and don't seem to get many phone calls like that at all. The ones I do get I love. It's almost always from a credit card company wanting to sell me something like death protection on my account. Since I'm single, what do I care if they don't get paid if I am not around. The operations never know what to do with me on that one.:D

Suzy

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Harry,
    I pay my phone company $5.00 a month for a service that blocks calls from unavailable numbers. If a friend or relative is calling they give them the option of saying their name and I get a different ring I answer and hear their name and can decide to accept or not.

Since it was started I have gotten only one persistent person from my electric company asking me to rate the customer service reps. I tell him I access the automated system and have NEVER talked to a person. He can't understand why I can't rate their customer service staff???? DUH! I told him to call back another time and I have never heard from him again! It is a Godsend!
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Master OptiBoarder sandeepgoodbole's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Redhot Jumper Alarm Bell !!

Originally posted by John R
    I just hand the phone to my daughter at 8 she can bore anyone to death rabbitting on about nothing for hours on end.....
    But the best option is to block the line by being connected to Optiboard 24/7:bbg: Now there's a thought to cheer Steve up.....
    Alexander Bell, ( Invetor of telephone If I am not wrong ) would have asked to "deinvent" the ringy invetion, had he been alive these days! :bbg:

OptiBoard Novice
    I usually just set the phone down without hanging it up. That way I'm not being all that rude, and the T-Marketer still gets to pitch his product, to an empty phone line. You're all welcome to try it, it's very liberating.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Originally posted by Liveworld
    I usually just set the phone down without hanging it up.
    I like that one! Unfortunately I tend to just get rude and impatient, telling them I'm not interested and hanging up.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs up

Dear Harry,

Thank You for the info. on the web site. I currently have Caller ID and have recently signed on for Security Screen to stop the unwanted telemarketing calls.

Of course I have to admit I sometimes have fun with our local newspaper when they start their calls. I tell them how great their offer is and ask if the paper is available in Braille. The response has been of utter silence or they will hang up on me

Oh well I do have a sick sense of humor sometimes.

Dale

OptiBoard Apprentice

Telemarketers

For fun...I tell them I'm Black, I think (not really) cuz my mom was Black and father was Samoan, but didn't know him. But they each had a White parent, so I'm confused on how to answer. Currently married to Asian who is of Mongolian and Athabascan decent and our children...well, we know where they are, but don't know WHO they are. How should I answer next? Did I mention we were raised in Arkansas (or Kentucky, which may make us Irish, too)and have many first cousins who have ADD? We are all pretty!

Those of any of the above ethnicities and decents should not be angry. You certainly can use the above to fit your situation as well for the telemarketers who always call at the most inopportune times. Make it fun!.

Thread Information