Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S. jobless rate climbs to 10.2 percent

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Deep or not so deep pockets..................

Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post

1)........Chris, you have been telling us to sell low for years now. You have been pushing it hard throughout this recession.

2)........What is scary about that is if you go low price, then you have to do higher volumes in sales. That means that to break even you have to do more sales.

But if there are less people in the market, there are less people to sell to, that means that by going low end, you will not only lose profit per volume, but you will lose volume too. Double whammy and a sure fire way to put yourself out of business.

1).......... I have never said to sell low end...............I have always said sell up from the lower end...............instead selling down from the high end. Somebody with little cash will feel degraded if they can not afford an item and have to come down the ladder. While the one that can, is proud to be able to go for nicer or better.

2)........... People who do not have tons of money to spend will never go to your store as you are known to be. Only the cream of the cream will buy from you because they expect high prices.

I would prefer to have customers that come to me and are able to get anything for their maximum spending level, be it low or high. This way I would get the whole range of possible customers.

This is not a matter of profit or have to work harder, or have to sell more if you sell for less. It is a matter of being able to satisfy also the ones with smaller pockets.

Anybody that follows your advice would work little for a lot of money, but the world is not made that way, it was always who worked most made most.

Read Up on:
    Route to Recovery
    A trip through the epicenters of the American recession

http://blogs.reuters.com/route-to-re...preciating-it/
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 11-09-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    [QUOTE=Johns;318337]
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoisland58 View Post

If you still have it, it was "saved"?
    I found this interesting, our local paper was making a big deal out of this, one of the "stimulas" saved jobs list, our local "homestart" saved 900 jobs..the only problem was they only have 300 employee's to begin with.. and all they did was gave everyone a raise but they had to use some complicated formula and it had to do with taking position and multiply by another % and that was the amount saved... no jobs were actually created, (original 300) none were lost and everyone got a raise but somehow using the "formula" 900 jobs were "saved":hammer:
    Once this hit, the Chattanooga Free press listed several other "job saving" deals and all were just like this(total jobs was ,1,400).. sad part is the place where this all happened Dalton Ga. the unemployment is around 13% closed down tons of flooring and carpet companies that are in that area.
    I am sick of this "lose sight" of the real problems just to do the math that makes me look good..and I don't care which side of the aisle it is on Dem/Rep. party and politics have become more important than real people..

Same applies here, I do not post anymore since I get blasted everytime for working for Essilor..

Jeff" just thought this was interesting" Trail

Thread Information