We currently dispense only four progressive lenses - Varilux Physio and Ellipse and their 360 counterparts. We do this for a couple of reasons:

• We've found that they are good lenses and people generally like them. and ...
  • The "chains" and other opticals with surfacing capabilities that are all around us either can't get them or can't stock and surface them. This gives us a level playing field and we can compete with "the big boys" (being a small independent like we are).
Lately, I've been taking a look at the Autograph II series of progressives from Shamir. Need some information from those who have had experience with the Autograph lenses.

First, I like the fact that I can get the Autograph II lenses without AR coat (I'm currently just above 50% AR sales). This lowers the price somewhat and makes the Freeform lens a little more affordable. But, I have some questions:

1. How does the Autograph II compare with a lens like the Physio 360?
  2. With the 360's, I tended to give those to people with a +/- of 2.50 or above because it was my experience that below that, people just didn't notice that much difference. Has anyone found that offering the Autograph II series of lenses was perceived by patients who have an Rx below that 2.50 mark as a NOTICABLE improvement over their "regular" lenses?
  3. The Autograph II Variable lens - Is it a better choice to make rather than the "fixed" Minimum Fitting Height lenses?
If I could get some opinions from those who have had experience dispensing the Autograph II lenses I would certainly appreciate it.