Thread: Optikam feedback please...

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Optikam feedback please...

Our office is trying the new Optikam system for two weeks. We would like feedback from others to see if it really is worth the investment. So far my patients and I are really enjoying it! Anybody else currently own one? .. if so what feedback can you give me? I will greatly appreciate it!:cheers:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I think it could be good in a really large office that is medically focused. There is a section where they have really good information about Cataracts, Macular Degeneration etc. that can save a lot of staff time.

In a small office its likely to become a fad that is used for a month or two then it sits for a long period unused.

Many patients don't like looking at pictures of themselves, so for some there is some resistance. But it would help when patients are torn between two frames, or they like a frame the dispenser doesn't and need to be convinced option 2 looks better.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Three years and still love it.

I purchased my system about three years ago and will tell you it is the single best purchase I made for my dispensary since I opened 20 years ago. After about six months of using it, I called Optikam and requested information to become a distributor in my territory. I now have sold over 40 systems and when I follow up with the offices that purchased the system from me they all say the same thing. " The system has helped with sales and patient satisfaction ". The frame selector is ideal for patients with an Rx over + or -4.00 and the lens selector will increase your lens sales. Now that digital centration has become available, it is just one more reason having the Optikam will make your office a leader in the industry.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    How much is it (approx.)?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It cost about 6,000.00 for the table top and additional 1,000.00 for the floor model. I prefer the table top because it makes each sale more interactive with the patient. Also you can integrate the centration module for 2,500.00 which will enable you to be a leader in the industry by taking all your measurements using true digital technology. This module can either be added later on or at the initially when purchasing the Optikam, it will cost the same regardless but if you purchase before the year end you will be eligible to get 50 % back as a ADA tax credit on this years tax return. This is a purchase you will not regret, I have had my system for 5 years and use it everyday with great success. If you need or want any additional information, feel free to call me at my office 732-350-1900. Joel

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    When watching all the major's such as Sunglass Hut, use a device such as OptiKam, I think every office should have one, it is the future of trying on glasses. It's not about today it's about tomorrow.
    http://theopticalvisionsite.com/mark...ses-on-online/

Thread Information