Thread: Who are you....REALLY

Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Who are you....REALLY

Check it out:

http://www.colorgenics.com/intro.html

I found out Im frustrated always fighting the system.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    This looks very similar to the Luscher Color Test which was a psychological test developed by Dr. Max Luscher. I still have the original book and retook the test about a year ago. When I have the time I'll take this one as well and see if the results match.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My Colorgenics Personal Profile:

You have always longed for tenderness, love and a sensitivity of feeling into which you would like to blend. You are a very gentle warm person and responsive to "All things bright and beautiful". This personifies a caring person... A person who "needs" and indeed "needs to be needed".

You are a leader in every sense of the word. You know where you are going and you know what you need to do in order to get there. You exercise an inherent initiative in overcoming obstacles and difficulties. You either hold or wish to achieve a position of authority in authority by means of which full control can be exerted over events.

You are a dreamer .. and you seek perfection in any relationship that you may establish. Some of your ideas and standards are over the top... so it may be a good idea to review your perception of life and accept people for what they are - not for what you would like them to be.

You are being unduly influenced by the situation that is all around you. You do not like the feeling of loneliness and whatever it is that seems to separate you from others. You know that life can be wonderful and you are anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to live it to the full. You therefore resent any restriction or limitations that are being imposed on you and you insist on going it alone.

You wish to be left in peace... no more conflict and no more differences of opinion ... In fact you just don't want to be involved in any arguments of any shape or form ... All you want is for "them" to get on with it - and to leave you alone..
    Hmmm. :)

Bad address email on file OptiBoard Gold Supporter Sean's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Night Train,
    The test sequence was great.......short and to the point. And the background music got ya right into it. I found that i work well with other people,but try extremley hard to stay out of the limelight.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Is there a psychiatrist in the house?

I read this thread before I did the test, and figured I'd get pretty much the same as everyone else, as they all tend to be much the same, and it's only putting colours in order. But no. This is what I got.....

Everyone feels despondent at times ... and you are no exception. You are feeling so depressed because it seems that everything that could go wrong has gone wrong and you don't quite know which way to turn. So like the proverbial ostrich - you are trying to bury your head in the sand ... But that won't work. You have to face reality .....

You are looking for excitement and stimulation and you are ready to try anything .... but be careful not to take too many risks.

You are a very choosy person .. demanding and exacting in your emotional demands and very particular in your choice of partner. You are self-sufficient and as a result of this overbearing nature you find it difficult to establish any depth of deep physical or mental involvement with members of the opposite sex..

You are trying to prove yourself .. not only to yourself.. but also to everyone around you...There is much that you would like to say and do .. but the situation warrants self-restraint .. and that is the last thing that you have on your mind..It would seem that you have an unsatisfied need to ally yourself with others whose standards are as high as your own. You want to be different - to stand out from the crowd. This is subjecting you to considerable stress but you tend to stick to your attitudes despite lack of appreciation. Of course, you are finding the situation uncomfortable and would like nothing better but to break away from it. But you don't like the idea of compromise. Your main problem is that you are unable to resolve the situation because you continually postpone making the necessary decisions ... You feel that if you make the wrong choice this would lead to such opposition that you would not be able to command the esteem of others. It is essential that those around you are prepared to comply with your wishes and respect your opinions. Only when this compliance is established, will you feel at ease and secure.

The need for admiration and to be regarded as "someone special" is perhaps one of the foremost aims in your life at this time. You would like to perhaps do something outrageous or anything that will give you the chance to be recognised as someone special.. This desire has now almost become an obsession and in your own way you are trying to fulfil this "complex" by ensuring you are the centre of attention, both at work or play ... or in the home. Stop trying so hard... and you will find that people will like you for who you are ... not for who you are pretending to be....

I know I shouldn't have picked black as the first one........

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Big Smile seems good to me

WOW IT'S NEARLY ME.!!!!!!

You are seeking an affectionate relationship, offering fulfilment and happiness. You are capable of powerful emotional enthusiasm. Deep down, you are a kind loving person, always helpful and willing to adapt yourself if necessary to realise the bond of affection that you desire. But you need the same consideration and understanding from others...and it is this need that sometimes will hold you back ... so let go - trust and you may pleasantly surprised at what happens ...

You are a leader in every sense of the word. You know where you are going and you know what you need to do in order to get there. You exercise an inherent initiative in overcoming obstacles and difficulties. You either hold or wish to achieve a position of authority in authority by means of which full control can be exerted over events.

Conditions are rather confusing at this time. You would like to involved with a particular person or a particular situation..... butyou are holding back. You find it difficult to make a decision...

As of late, you have been experiencing untold stress .. and this is a result of continuous frustration ... You haven't been taking care of all your physical needs... and it's beginning to show. It would seem that you have a need to find someone to whom you can really relate ... someone perhaps whose standards are as high as your own. You want to be different .... to be individualistic ... to stand out from the common herd. Your inherent control of your sensual instincts is restricting your ability to give yourself to open up freely.... but this, being on your own, this being lonely ..often makes you feel the need to give up some of your strict standards to surrender to the general flow - to be like everyone else; a part of the herd. Deep down you regard such instincts as weaknesses to be overcome. You would like to be loved or admired for yourself alone. You demand recognition and tender loving care.

You have so many ideas that you would like to revitalise but you need to realise a stable and peaceful condition to do so. Once you can free yourself from all the aggravation and tension around you, you will make strides that may amaze you. You will not be prevented from achieving all the things you so desire..

:bbg:
    http://www.optispares.btinternet.co.uk

jack

It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree.

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Thumbs up I can go with this....

You are striving for a life full of activity and experience, and perhaps what is even more, an environment where you would be able to forge a close bond with a person who can offer full emotional fulfilment.

Everything seems to be going against you at this time .. Try as you may - you are meeting with considerable resistance at every turn. Nothing is going as you would plan. The situation is difficult and you are trying to persist in your objectives against resistance. It would appear that you are being very secretive about your future plans just in case people around you try to thwart you.

You are a dreamer .. and you seek perfection in any relationship that you may establish. Some of your ideas and standards are over the top... so it may be a good idea to review your perception of life and accept people for what they are - not for what you would like them to be.

Whatever you strive to do, something always seems to be holding you back. There is no subterfuge in you. You are a clear thinker and all you demand from life, in a relationship, is a partner whom you can trust and with whom you can, together, develop a foundation of trust based on understanding. You are your own person... and you demand freedom of thought ...to follow your own convictions. You have no interest in "two-timing" and all you seek is sincerity and "straight-dealing".

You don't like authority and you rebel against all forms of limitation. You are your own person and you intend to stay that way .. and to get on in the world simply by your hard work and determination.

by Optispares
    You are seeking an affectionate relationship, offering fulfilment and happiness
    I hope the good:( lady dont read this post.......

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Looking at Jack's reading............

You are seeking an affectionate relationship, offering fulfilment and happiness. Conditions are rather confusing at this time. You have been experiencing untold stress and this is a result of continuous frustration of all your physical needs... and it's beginning to show. You want to be different. You want to give up some of your strict standards, to open up freely your sensual instincts.

It's saying you want to wear make-up and be a Bangkok chick-boy :)

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Opti-group Hug for Maria!

Originally posted by Maria
    I read this thread before I did the test, and figured I'd get pretty much the same as everyone else, as they all tend to be much the same, and it's only putting colours in order. But no. This is what I got.....

Everyone feels despondent at times ... and you are no exception. You are feeling so depressed because it seems that everything that could go wrong has gone wrong and you don't quite know which way to turn. So like the proverbial ostrich - you are trying to bury your head in the sand ... But that won't work. You have to face reality .....

You are looking for excitement and stimulation and you are ready to try anything .... but be careful not to take too many risks.

You are a very choosy person .. demanding and exacting in your emotional demands and very particular in your choice of partner. You are self-sufficient and as a result of this overbearing nature you find it difficult to establish any depth of deep physical or mental involvement with members of the opposite sex..

You are trying to prove yourself .. not only to yourself.. but also to everyone around you...There is much that you would like to say and do .. but the situation warrants self-restraint .. and that is the last thing that you have on your mind..It would seem that you have an unsatisfied need to ally yourself with others whose standards are as high as your own. You want to be different - to stand out from the crowd. This is subjecting you to considerable stress but you tend to stick to your attitudes despite lack of appreciation. Of course, you are finding the situation uncomfortable and would like nothing better but to break away from it. But you don't like the idea of compromise. Your main problem is that you are unable to resolve the situation because you continually postpone making the necessary decisions ... You feel that if you make the wrong choice this would lead to such opposition that you would not be able to command the esteem of others. It is essential that those around you are prepared to comply with your wishes and respect your opinions. Only when this compliance is established, will you feel at ease and secure.

The need for admiration and to be regarded as "someone special" is perhaps one of the foremost aims in your life at this time. You would like to perhaps do something outrageous or anything that will give you the chance to be recognised as someone special.. This desire has now almost become an obsession and in your own way you are trying to fulfil this "complex" by ensuring you are the centre of attention, both at work or play ... or in the home. Stop trying so hard... and you will find that people will like you for who you are ... not for who you are pretending to be....

I know I shouldn't have picked black as the first one........

Maria,
    We all love you and need your quips to get us through the day! It may just be that you are in a sad place right now. I teach at a Manager's training class and we do a personality profile at the meeting and depending on the life situation at the time it can alter the result!
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Why not...

My opinion is that this sort of stuff is so much horse flop- put out enough general statements, and some of it is likely to "hit home." That said, here's what the "Magic Color Genie" spat out for me (and yes, it does seem to describe me on some points, but isn't that my point?). Good grief, NightTrain, where do you find all this stuff?

You are the sort of person that needs a peaceful environment. You seek release from stress and freedom from conflicts and disagreements, of which you seem to have had more than your fair share. You are taking pains to control the situation by proceeding cautiously... and you are right in so doing... You are a very sensitive person.

You are a true extrovert, frivolous and outgoing. You need to feel in control of any situation. If matters are not proceeding according to plan you tend to get extremely irritable and perhaps become difficult to live with.

There are at times of everyone's life when "compromise" is the name of the game...and this is the time. So you have no alternative but to forgo some pleasures for the time being. You are capable of achieving satisfaction through physical activity.

You are frustrated and stressful .. You appreciate the finer things in life but at all times you appear to stay aloof, critical of everything and everyone about you. You refuse to trust anyone or any situation unless genuineness and integrity can be absolutely vouched for. Therefore, you keep a
    strict and watchful control on your feelings as you must know exactly where you stand at all times. You demand complete sincerity as a protection against your own tendency to be too trusting.

You are inclined to be too trusting and you feel that you need to be on your guard against the possibility that your endeavours and actions may be misunderstood. Too often you have been taken advantage of and you have been mentally abused. Now you are seeking a relationship which can provide peace of mind, where you can be yourself
    and not have the need to put on a false front...
    Bah, humbug! (Maybe that's just me being irritable... I tend to get that way, you know!) :D
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Here's mine...

I gave it a try and have to say that very few of these things are me, but here's what I got.

"Enough is enough ... you feel frustrated and rejected .... You are fighting back .. and the going is tough. It would be just wonderful if you could be left in peace ....

You are working extremely hard - perhaps even over and beyond the call of duty. You are preparing for the future and therefore trying to build a firm trouble free foundation upon which you may base all of your dreams and aspirations.

Many people will consider you egotistical and full of your own self importance. On the surface you could well give this impression ... and perhaps the reason for this complacent attitude is because at times you indeed have that "short fuse" and quick to take offence.

All of the stress and strains resulting from disappointment have led to agitation and anxiety. You have been going out of your way to make a good impression, but you have reservations as to the likelihood of succeeding.You feel that you have a right to accomplish all that you set your mind on - but you have become helpless and distressed when circumstances have gone against you. The idea of failure is most upsetting and this can even mean utter dejection. You see yourself as a scapegoat ... and you feel everyone in your sphere of influence has tried to take undue advantage of you. You are trying to convince yourself that your failure to achieve standing and recognition is not of your making ... but indeed of those around you ...

At this time you don't particularly like yourself. Everything that you have tried to do seems to have gone wrong. This makes you feel that there is no point in trying to start again. Apart from being stressed and tense, you are angry with yourself and have unadmitted self-contempt. Your refusal to admit that you and you alone is the basic cause of your problems, and this leads to you adopting a headstrong and defiant attitude. If you take stock of yourself.... smile a little.. and let go ... everything will turn out OK. Have you not heard of the cliche..Smile and the World smiles with you - Cry and you cry alone!"

Maybe I'm just not seeing a lot of these things in myself since in my mind I'm perfect and don't any of you forget it or I'll take offense and start busting head! :) Actually I'm a pretty calm person and have been accused on more than one occasion of "not reacting" to situations where others felt I should have. Some of this is definitely me though. I would say this is about 35% to 40% accurate.

Tah Tah for now,

Darris C.

Occupation
    Ok, here's mine:

You are the sort of person that needs a peaceful environment. You seek release from stress and freedom from conflicts and disagreements, of which you seem to have had more than your fair share .But you are taking pains to control the situation by proceeding cautiously..and you so are right in so doing so... You are a very sensitive person -

You enjoy taking part in anything that may constitute fun and excitement. You need to be stimulated and need to feel that "Life is worth living" and you are awaiting that stimulation and you don't particularly care where it comes from .!

You are a perfectionist in everything that you put your hand to. You are demanding and very exacting in the standards you apply to your choice of colleagues and friends...perhaps you demand too much from people...That perfection you seek in a particular person is illusive...perhaps it does not even exist...

You are being unduly influenced by the situation that is all around you. You do not like the feeling of loneliness and whatever it is that seems to separate you from others. You know that life can be wonderful and you are anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to live it to the full. You therefore resent any restriction or limitations that are being imposed on you and you insist on going it alone.

You wish to be left in peace... no more conflict and no more differences of opinion ... In fact you just don't want to be involved in any arguments of any shape or form ... All you want is for "them" to get on with it - and to leave you alone..
    Somewhat accurate but this profile is nowhere near as accurate or extensive as the Luscher Color Test. In fact this seems to be a stripped down version of that test. I think Dr. Paul Godin is being less then honest by claiming to have invented this concept.

So does anyone want to guess which parts of this are accurate and which aren't?

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Re: Opti-group Hug for Maria!

Originally posted by cah2020

Maria,
    We all love you and need your quips to get us through the day! It may just be that you are in a sad place right now. I teach at a Manager's training class and we do a personality profile at the meeting and depending on the life situation at the time it can alter the result!
    Honestly, I'm fine! The point was that it thinks I'm mental. I think the flaw of it is, people will pick different colours for different reasons. I was automatically drawn to black as first choice, grey as second because I wear those colours a lot, because I am very pale. I rarely wear bright colours for the same reasons. However, skin tone doesn't affect personality!

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I gave it a shot!.....twice!!!!!

I took it Saturday and then again today! I didn't keep Saturdays results but they were pretty much on the mark.I do remember having a hard time picking the first colour and wound up wondering what that had to do with it so I took it again today picking the "other" colour first and then letting the chips fall where they may.This was the result today!,and it too is reasonably on the mark.

You are seeking an affectionate relationship, offering fulfilment and happiness. You are capable of powerful
    emotional enthusiasm. Deep down, you are a kind loving person, always helpful and willing to adapt yourself if
    necessary to realise the bond of affection that you desire. But you need the same consideration and understanding
    from others...and it is this need that sometimes will hold you back ... so let go - trust and you may pleasantly
    surprised at what happens ...

You are a leader in every sense of the word. You know where you are going and you know what you need to do in
    order to get there. You exercise an inherent initiative in overcoming obstacles and difficulties. You either hold or wish
    to achieve a position of authority in authority by means of which full control can be exerted over events.

Being a very proud individual you tend to hold yourself aloof...pretending that you are stoical...indifferent to pain
    and pleasure...but this is not so, for in truth you are an extremely emotional individual, one that may make a hasty
    decision...and perhaps regret it at leisure. It is time now to break the bond of detachment and be the "you" that you
    would like to be, give vent to your emotions and enjoy yourself.

You are being unduly influenced by the situation that is all around you. You do not like the feeling of loneliness and
    whatever it is that seems to separate you from others. You know that life can be wonderful and you are anxious to
    experience life in all its aspects, to live it to the full. You therefore resent any restriction or limitations that are being
    imposed on you and you insist on going it alone.

You wish to be left in peace... no more conflict and no more differences of opinion ... In fact you just don't want to
    be involved in any arguments of any shape or form ... All you want is for "them" to get on with it - and to leave you
    alone..
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    So does anyone want to guess which parts of this are accurate and which aren't?
    Hmmm, okay Steve... having met you I'll take some wild guesses.

On the accurate side, I would guess that you are somewhat of a perfectionist.

On the inaccurate side, I don't think you are presently bothered by lonliness, and besides, I think you are probably someone who would exist quite well in periods of solitude (as would anyone who has raised children)! ;)

As I've said before, though, sprinkle in enough generalities and anyone will sound somewhat like any of the descriptions listed above!
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Occupation
    Pretty good Pete! You were more accurate than the test.

If anyone is interested in a much more accurate version of this, look for the book The Luscher Color test. It's really quite accurate with everyone I've tested. There are some online verions of this test, but they are unauthorized and not nearly as accurate.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi all, I know I haven't posted in awhile, but I just had to take this test to find out all about myself:D Here it is

You are longing for some love and affection at this time ... not that you have been deprived of tender loving care ... but there are times when everyone needs to try something new or to go "somewhere" else to perhaps experience that little extra "understanding" ...

You are trying to improve your position and prestige, be it in your life or in your workplace.. Things are, at this time, OK. But they could be better. You feel that it is essential that you breakdown any opposition that could possibly lurk in the shadows ... You know that you are quite capable of achieving this set goal because you have to and because it is essential to your self esteem.

You are confined and trapped in a distressing or uncomfortable situation, and seeking some way out. Whatever you seem to do to resolve the problem hasn't worked out. Fortunately you are able to gain some aspect of relief from someone close to you....

You don't like conflict and you endeavour to avoid criticism. You want to do your own thing and to be able to decide what is right for you. You have considerable personable charm - and this is used with considerable effect on those that keep your company..

I guess I am a little stressed at work, we had someone quit on us and haven't replaced her yet. And, I don't like conflict. The rest of it all I'm not too sure about.

Suzy

Thread Information