Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for perfectly round metal frames.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for perfectly round metal frames.....

Have had a run on 3 male patients looking for perfectly round metal frames, not too small or too big? Wondering if anyone has any ideas. Know about the turaflex, tourneau and lafonts....and a couple of armani's.
    Thanks for your help.

Lindberg Air --Orion.

Comment

A&A has one in the Cruz line, I-84 is the model, 42 or 44 eye size. I've sold a couple of that frame. There is a brand that is actually "John Lennon," but for the life of me I can't remember the manufacturer.

Do these guys specifically want a full metal frame? Would rimless be okay? I'm certain you could put a perfectly circular lens on any drill mount frame. Are you looking just for a higher-end frame, or just anything to fit the bill? I'm sure there's an Oliver Peoples model, if you can get them.
      It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

If you can't find what you want, pick any near round metal frame and edge a lens of the same circumference as the frame in perfectly round shape. Frame will conform to lens. Have done this many times with positive results in every case. Just don't pick a chassis that is too far from round to begin with.

Chip

Comment

The closest to a perfectly round metal frame (|A-B|<=5 mm) that I can think of is in Europa's Scott Harris Vintage line, the Vin-10 (42X38 DBL=21). Like any really round frame it does get a little egg shaped when on. For a metal frame that looks round when it is on I like Best Image's Soldier (in the Dolabany line, 42X33, DBL=24). Although, this frame has no nosepads (saddle bridge).

Comment

One word of caution. The reason not many round frames are made is the lenses have a tendancy to rotate off axis. Make very sure that lens are tight and all screws, etc. are tight and use locktite or other method of securing screws. Otherwise the prescriber or someone is going to think you do sloppy work.

Chip

Comment

Either that, or notch the lenses! :):):)
              "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
              Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
              www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Comment

The John Lennon frames are distributed by Ocean Optical Co., Inc. They have several round styles. http://www.oceansinternational.net/John%20Lennon.html

We also carry them.

Scott

Comment

On the 180 line

Originally posted by hcjilson View Post
                  Either that, or notch the lenses! :):):)

Notch on the 180 line and that works.

Diane
                  Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

Modo has a few pieces- some along the lines of the club man style and some more traditional- mixture of zyl and metals.
                    ABOC

Comment

Lafont Orsay is a zyl (looks like the one Dominick Dunn wears...although it is Morganthal Fredericks). Or go three piece rimless and make whatever shape or size you want...the Lindberg Spirit frame is perfect for doing this.. Gary:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                      X