Professional Golf Instructor Matt Killen to Provide Participants Free
Instruction at the 2009 Prevent Blindness America Swing Fore Sight Event

CHICAGO (Sept. 10, 2009) – The 2009 Prevent Blindness America Swing Fore Sight Golf Event, to be held on Sept. 30, 2009 at the Bali Hai Golf Club in Las Vegas, Nev., is now offering participants the opportunity to meet with professional golf instructor and swing coach Matt Killen during the course of play. Killen currently coaches several PGA TOUR players and will assess each golfer’s swing and provide pointers free-of-charge.

“By launching the ‘Improve Your Vision, Improve Your Game’ program with Transitions, I was able to help educate both players and spectators about the importance of proper eye protection,” said Killen. “I am excited to be working with Prevent Blindness America, an organization that has been championing the importance of eye health and safety for more than 100 years. I look forward to participating in this event and encourage everyone to support Prevent Blindness America and its sight-saving mission.”

The 2009 Swing Fore Sight event will be held in conjunction with Vision Expo West. Individual golfers may sign up for $625 or foursomes for $2,500. The shotgun start will be at 7 a.m.

Leading companies sponsoring the event include Transitions Optical, Inc., Refac Optical Group, Essilor, Advantica Eyecare, Davis Vision, Hilco/OnGuard Safety, VSP Global, VSP Labs, Eyefinity/Officemate, DEFINITY, 1-800CONTACTS, Jobson Optical Group, Gerber Coburn, Satisloh, Zyloware, Walman Optical, National Association of Vision Care Plans, Glasses Direct, Stereo Optical Co., Inc., Uvex by Sperian and Leybold Optics USA, Inc.

“Matt Killen is an exciting addition to our golf outing. We want to make sure that everyone has an opportunity to get some advice from Matt. This golf outing will not only help us raise funds for much-needed vision health resources, but it is a great opportunity to enjoy a day on the course with some of the most respected corporate individuals in the vision community,” said Hugh R. Parry, president and CEO of Prevent Blindness America. “I want to thank Matt Killen and Transitions for adding another exciting element to our event and of course, a big thanks to all of our sponsors for their support.”

Sponsorships ranging from $25,000-$500 are still available. To obtain more information or register to play, please go to the Prevent Blindness America Web site at preventblindness.golfreg.com or contact Kristin Romanas at 312-363-6022 or kromanas@preventblindness.org.