Thread: OpenOptix ABO Study Guide Works!

Master OptiBoarder keithbenjamin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

OpenOptix ABO Study Guide Works!

For everyone that has helped with the OpenOptix project in case you didn't receive the email I sent out. I wanted to share some feedback with you to not only let you know the study guide works but also to let you know your efforts are having a positive impact and are greatly appreciated. (I've also included a few more notes below that I've received since the email.)

Thank you for your contribution to optical education. I am in the process to develop a training manual for Optical Laboratory technicians in South Africa. We do not have any formal training in this field. Everything the guys learn is from in-house training. Your free information has been super to help me to put together the first part of the training manual. I am very excited about the Lab Finishing Manual.
    -E.W.

It had been 18 years since I passed the A.B.O.C. at that time I got an 87. I used the material that your site has, in May I passed it with a 92. Thanks for letting an old dog learn some new tricks.
    -E.S.

An office near me that had several people (none opticians) pass the ABO in May just by using the [OpenOptix ABO] study guide.
    -B.F.

I passed the ABO in May! It was my first attempt and I know that I passed because of the help and materials that OpenOptix provided me. I took the test with 2 other coworkers. Both of them had taken the test several times and had yet to pass. I gave them your website and told them to study the material and take the sample test. Well, they took my advice and they also passed! So, thank you again and please relay my thanks to all the members and contributors who helped write the material. It is because of your easy to read and memorize text that I was able to pass the test on the first try! I look forward to taking the NCLE in November and guess who's material I will be using? OpenOptix of course!
    -L.P.

I passed with an 88% and this was my first time taking the test. Your material was fantastic! My other two co-workers and used other materials. One scored a 71% and the other a 75%. We all studied about the same amount of time.
    -A.T.

Thank you very much for sharing ABO material to us. As matter of fact, those were so helpful for me to be able to pass my examination.
    -S.M.

I'm using this because it's far easier than dragging out my text books. I haven't worked as an Optician in over 10 years and am trying to get back in the field. I think this is going to be very helpful in helping to refresh my knowledge. I remember some of this but not all. I'm thankful that a site like this is around for someone like me.
    -B.P.

Thank you for putting the OpenOptix study guide together, your hard work is greatly appreciated. I will be taking the ABO in the spring here in Missouri and have been using your study guide. My eyeglass manager thinks the material is very good and was impressed.
    -P.S.
    We still need you help. Carrie (GAGal) has done some awesome work on the NCLE study guide, but there is much left to do. We need to get the lab manual rolling as well. As you can see, there is a definitely a demand out there for quality optical education material and providing it for free helps people all over the world in immeasurable ways.

Thanks again,

-Keith

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Awesome!!!!

Thank you for sharing!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Congratulations Keith on such a successful project. I'm glad to be a small part of it.

Gary

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Congratulations on this great effort, Keith. It is appreciated by all.

Warren

Master OptiBoarder keithbenjamin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Here are a couple more:
    I just wanted to tell you what a blessing finding your website is! 2m ago the part owner/Optician that I worked for was murdered and I had only been there for a week...I have my COA and have been in the Optical business for 15yrs but had moved 6m ago and you have to work under someone for 2yrs before you can get licensed! So thank you for your hard work!
    -J.W.

Free, yes, I used the "F" word, is a wonderful thing, especially if the information is valid. Keep up the great contribution to our profession!
    -J.B.
    -Keith

Thread Information