Thread: Letter from Granddad

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Letter from Granddad

Letter from Granddad:

John is 63 years old and owns his own business. He is a life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next year is now all but gone. With the stock market crashing and all the new taxes coming his way, John knows he will be working for a good number more years.

John has a Granddaughter. Ashley is a recent college grad. She drives a late model car, wears all the latest fashions, and also likes going out and eating out a lot. Ashley campaigned hard for Obama, and after he won the election she made sure her Grandfather (and all other Republican family members) received more than an earful on how the world is going to be a much better place now that Obama won the election.

Ashley recently found herself short of cash and cannot pay her bills, again. As she has done many other times in the past, she e-mailed her Grandfather asking for some financial help. Here is his reply:

"Sweetheart,

I am replying to your request for more money. Ashley, you know I love you dearly and am sympathetic to your financial plight. Unfortunately, times have changed. With the election of President Obama, your Grandmother and I have had to set forth a bold new economic plan of our own....the 'Ashley Economic Plan'. Let me explain. Your grandmother and I are highly productive, wage-earning tax payers. As you know, we have lived a comfortable life and in return have forgone many things like fancy vacations, luxury cars, etc. We have worked hard and were looking forward to retiring soon. But this plan has changed. Your president is significantly raising our personal and business taxes. He says it is so he can give our hard earned money to other people. Do you know what this means, Ashley? It means less income for us. Less income means we must cut back on many business and personal expenditures. One example is, we were forced to let go of our receptionist today. You know her. She always gave you candy when you visited my office. Did you know she worked for us for the past 18 years? I can't afford her anymore.

That is a taste of the business side. Some personal economic affects of Obama's new taxation policies include none other than you. You know very well that over the years your grandmother and I have given you thousands of dollars in cash, tuition assistance, food, housing, clothing, gifts, etc., etc. By your vote, you have chosen another family over ours for help. Judging from your Email requesting more money, I recommend you call 202-456-1111. That is the direct telephone number for the White House. You yourself repeatedly told me I was foolish vote Republican. You said Mr. Obama is going to be the people's president and is going to help every American live a better life. Based upon everything you have told me and things we heard from him as he campaigned, I am sure Mr. Obama will be happy to send a check or transfer money into your checking account. Have him call me for the transaction and account numbers, which by now I know by heart.

Perhaps you now can understand what I have been saying for all my life: those who vote for the president should consider what the impact of an election will be on the nation as a whole, and not just be concerned with what they can get for themselves (welfare, etc.). What Obama voters don't seem to realize is all of the "government's" money he is 'redistributing' to illegal aliens and non-taxpaying Americans (deemed "less fortunate") comes from tax money collected from income tax-paying families. Remember how you told me, "Only the richest of the rich will be affected"?

Guess what, honey? Because of our business, your Grandmother and I are now considered to be the richest of the rich. On paper, it might look that way. But in the real world, we are far from it. But, as you said while campaigning for Obama, some people will have to carry more of the burden so all of America can prosper.. You understand what that means, right? It means that raising taxes on productive people results in them having less money. Less money for everything, including granddaughters.

Congratulations on your choice for "change". For future reference, I encourage you to attempt to add up the total value of the gifts and money you've received from us over the years, and compare it to what you expect to get over the next four years from Mr. Obama.

Remember, we love you dearly... but from now on you'll need to call the number referenced above when you need help.

Good luck, sweetheart.
    Love,
    Grampa.

PS: How was your recent trip to Jamaica? I have never been there but I hear it is lovely this time of year."

FYI!: No need to to call your parents, uncles or aunts as they are all in the same finical predicament as we are.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I agree that many kids today are spoiled and think that they are entitled to something that they have not earned. However, I disagree that those kids are only Obama supporters. I have heard many spoiled brats push for Republican virtues, as much as Democrat ones.

AND AGAIN!!! Obama has not introduced any new taxes YET, so to assume that his tax policies have destroyed the US does not take the policies pushed by your party who ran the Country for the last 8 years into consideration.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    AND AGAIN!!! Obama has not introduced any new taxes YET...
    Then who introduced Cap and Trade?:hammer:
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    Letter from Granddad:

John is 63 years old and owns his own business. He is a life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next year is now all but gone. With the stock market crashing
    ... Due to the policies of former president Bush ...
    and all the new taxes coming his way

... who is he, The Amazing Kreskin? ...
    , John knows he will be working for a good number more years.

So will all the middle class people that are eking out a living while John, until Bush's policies imploded, had been planning on early retirement.
    ... Ashley campaigned hard for Obama, and after he won the election she made sure her Grandfather (and all other Republican family members) received more than an earful on how the world is going to be a much better place now that Obama won the election.

Nobody likes gloating. Ashley should be disinherited merely for that, not for greed.
    ..."Sweetheart,

I am replying to your request for more money. Ashley, you know I love you dearly and am sympathetic to your financial plight. Unfortunately, times have changed. With the election of President Obama, your Grandmother and I have had to set forth a bold new economic plan of our own....the 'Ashley Economic Plan'. Let me explain. Your grandmother and I are highly productive, wage-earning tax payers. As you know, we have lived a comfortable life and in return have forgone many things like fancy vacations, luxury cars, etc. We have worked hard and were looking forward to retiring soon. But this plan has changed. Your president
    He's your president, too.

is significantly raising our personal and business taxes.
    Is he?
    He says it is so he can give our hard earned money to other people.
    Like Bank of America, Citigroup, JPMorgan Stanley...
    Do you know what this means, Ashley? It means less income for us. Less income means we must cut back on many business and personal expenditures. One example is, we were forced to let go of our receptionist today. You know her. She always gave you candy when you visited my office. Did you know she worked for us for the past 18 years? I can't afford her anymore.
    ... If we are to maintain our current lifestyle - After all, over $250,000 gross adjusted income per year goes only so far...
    That is a taste of the business side. Some personal economic affects of Obama's new taxation policies include none other than you. You know very well that over the years your grandmother and I have given you thousands of dollars in cash, tuition assistance, food, housing, clothing, gifts, etc., etc. By your vote, you have chosen another family over ours for help.
    What? How do you figure?
    Judging from your Email requesting more money, I recommend you call 202-456-1111. That is the direct telephone number for the White House. You yourself repeatedly told me I was foolish vote Republican. You said Mr. Obama is going to be the people's president and is going to help every American live a better life. Based upon everything you have told me and things we heard from him as he campaigned, I am sure Mr. Obama will be happy to send a check or transfer money into your checking account. Have him call me for the transaction and account numbers, which by now I know by heart.
    Is that the number that you called to have Mr. Bush lower your taxes? For the last 8 years middle class spending power has declined, while the rich have gotten richer. Why didn't Mr. Bush answer the phone when the middle class called him?
    Perhaps you now can understand what I have been saying for all my life: those who vote for the president should consider what the impact of an election will be on the nation as a whole,
    ... George Bush's presidency had one heck of an impact on the nation as a whole... it put the nation in a hole...
    and not just be concerned with what they can get for themselves (welfare, etc.).
    (tax breaks for the rich, etc.)
    What Obama voters don't seem to realize is all of the "government's" money he is 'redistributing' to illegal aliens
    How are illegal aliens getting tax money? Most illegal aliens pay taxes - if they don't, they are being paid illegally by repubican business owners like you who do whatever they can to avoid paying taxes.
    and non-taxpaying Americans (deemed "less fortunate")
    Bank of America, Citigroup, JPMorgan Stanley, all their employees, subcontractors, customers, etc. don't pay taxes? Is that a Bush thing?
    comes from tax money collected from income tax-paying families. Remember how you told me, "Only the richest of the rich will be affected"?

Guess what, honey? Because of our business, your Grandmother and I are now considered to be the richest of the rich. On paper, it might look that way. But in the real world, we are far from it.
    If you're considered to be the richest of the rich, you must be putting more than $250,000 in your pocket every year. You've certainly been able to help me with "thousands of dollars in cash, tuition assistance, food, housing, clothing, gifts, etc., etc." Did you know that there are people, like the receptionist you just laid off, who don't have the means to own their own house, let alone help a granddaughter with "thousands of dollars in cash, tuition assistance, food, housing, clothing, gifts, etc., etc." You are very forunate. Or heartless. You see, the reason that I need money is that I refuse to lay off my receptionist.
    But, as you said while campaigning for Obama, some people will have to carry more of the burden so all of America can prosper.. You understand what that means, right? It means that raising taxes on productive people results in them having less money. Less money for everything, including granddaughters.

Congratulations on your choice for "change". For future reference, I encourage you to attempt to add up the total value of the gifts and money you've received from us over the years, and compare it to what you expect to get over the next four years from Mr. Obama.
    It's not about what "I" get. It's about America having a strong middle class again.
    Remember, we love you dearly...
    No, you don't. Or you love your money more than you love me.
    but from now on you'll need to call the number referenced above when you need help.

Good luck, sweetheart.
    Love,
    Grampa.

PS: How was your recent trip to Jamaica? I have never been there but I hear it is lovely this time of year."
    When you jet from your home in Aspen to your home on South Beach, I guess you and grandma don't have the time to go to Jamaica.
    FYI!: No need to to call your parents, uncles or aunts as they are all in the same finical predicament as we are.
    They're all rich, and are hording it?! Well, I'll be danged!
    :bbg::D:bbg::D;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    Then who introduced Cap and Trade?:hammer:
    Is it now, currently, law?
    ...Just ask me...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Not even worth responding to.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Not even worth responding to.
    I felt the same way, but I reconsidered. The poor reasoning in Graddad's letter had to be addressed.
    ...Just ask me...

Bad address email on file LilKim's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    The poor reasoning is designed to "get people's goat". These kinds of posts and chain emails are just trolling for attention, based on half-truths and the distortion of facts. SSDD.;)

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    That whole story is hogwash. Not worth responding to, other than what I have said already.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet View Post
    .Is it now, currently, law?

Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet View Post
    "AND AGAIN!!! Obama has not introduced any new taxes:

Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Thread Information