Thread: June 27th is a National Day of Service

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

June 27th is a National Day of Service

A month ago I signed on as a volunteer at an Organizing for America meeting. Our group is called Cape Codders for Health Care Reform. The idea of the meeting was to discuss and decide on a project we could all do on June 27th.These meetings took place all over the country and for the same purpose. Our group deciced to set up an informational table at a local grocery store to pass out information sheets to raise awareness of the need for health care reform. Without getting into the politics of it, I am sure there is something going on near where you are. If you want to join this grass roots campaign, you can go to this site and find out where to participate.

http://www.barackobama.com/

Please don't be mislead about the Barack Obama title. Our group had as many McCain supporters as it did Obama's and we were all united in our effort to support health care reform. I look at it as a chance to put my efforts where my mouth is, if you get the drift. If you have the desire, find a project near you and just show up.......We'll be glad to have you for whatever time you can devote to the "Day of Service"

I have learned the following facts from this experience.

1. The average American family spends more on health care than it does on Housing and Food combined!

2. The largest single causal factor in personal bankruptcies are medical bills.

Thanks for your service.

hj
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Banned
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    That's great. Isn't this about the date that we have earned enough to pay all our taxes for the year?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    That's great. Isn't this about the date that we have earned enough to pay all our taxes for the year?
    Well, its too bad that's how you feel. I look at it as a chance to do something concrete about changing some of the things that I feel need changing in this country. It's also the first time I was asked to participate in person. If only one person see's this post and goes to an event, its one more than was there before it was written. That's how change occurs. One person at a time. I'm happy with that rather, than the helpless way I've felt in the past. Me, I'm going to do what I can, you can suit yourself.
    Lord Byron

Banned
    Occupation
    It's not suprising to see how people really believe that most posters on this board are going to pay less for healthcare and have better service.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Your post makes little sense. Who said anything about paying less.....or more?? Try rereading this thread, or explaining your replies. They did not seem apropos to the subject. Maybe I'm missing something.....Or maybe you are!
    Lord Byron

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post
    for Health Care Reform. need for health care reform. .

http://www.barackobama.com/

1. The average American family spends more on health care than it does on Housing and Food combined!

2. The largest single causal factor in personal bankruptcies are medical bills.

Thanks for your service.

hj
    As if....

Banned
    Occupation
    Probly still making no sinse to you. Sorry if you can't follow my thoughts.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I will go out with you and campaign for healthcare reform on one condition:

The people that pass the laws, Democrats and Republicans alike, must live under the new plan as well. Fair enough?

That means no special treatment. No special doctors. Same co-pays. The same out of pocket costs, and under the same conditions.

They won't do it. I thinks it's nuts that the folks that are passing the laws that we must live under are not affected by them.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Intellect over emotion.

I am personally asking all of my friends, relatives, or anyone who will listen to think this one through. The administrations proposed plans are bogus; based upon faulty data. Does it really makes a lot of sense to support a program with unknown costs, not only financially but in quality of service.

I guess the supporters of this program feel that if they can get enough guilt ridden moonbats together they will feel real good about themselves for a time. But, just wait till the tax bills come in. But, most of the supporters of these Universal Health Care plans don't pay taxes.

We will be fighting you Harry, tooth and nail. At some point we must cease all of this insane and ineffectual spending and begin to reduce the governments interference in our daily lives.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

The purpose of this thread.....

The purpose of this thread was not to arouse the conservatives in our midst.The purpose of the thread was to let those who would like do do something positive for health care reform, know how they could participate.

Today is the day! If you want to help,...... help! If you don't wan't to help ...don't. It's a free country.........................except if you get sick!
    Lord Byron

Thread Information