Hi Jim,

Is Transitions SOLFX already available?

Sam

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Transitions SOLFX

Hi Sam,
    I hope all is well. Yes, SOLFX products are available. They are the Oakley Transitions SOLFX lenses, The Younger Transitions SOLFX DriveWear lenses and the SLC Transitions SOLFX iRx Polaroid lenses.

Soon Essilor will launch their Transitions SOLFX Definity Fairway lenses.

There are also more products ready to be launched from different manufacturers and sunlens companies.

SOLFX is our sunwear active lifestyle brand. Each product has it's own performance and color space that compliment's the activity it was developed for.

Have a great day,
    Jim
    Jim Schafer
    Retired From PPG Industries/
    Transitions Optical, Inc.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less.
    Paul Brown

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schafer View Post
    Hi Sam,
    I hope all is well. Yes, SOLFX products are available. They are the Oakley Transitions SOLFX lenses, The Younger Transitions SOLFX DriveWear lenses and the SLC Transitions SOLFX iRx Polaroid lenses.

There are also more products ready to be launched from different manufacturers and sunlens companies.

SOLFX is our sunwear active lifestyle brand. Each product has it's own performance and color space that compliment's the activity it was developed for.

Have a great day,
    Jim

What are the differences of the last 2, I love my drivewear lenses and won't buy a lux product (oakley)

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Hi Sam,

Have a great day,
    Jim
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info. Currently I am wearing the DriveWear Image from Younger Optics, will try the Younger Optics Transitions SOLFX, and see what's the difference.

Sam

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

SOLFX is the sun lens brand for Transitions

Hi IndianaOD and Sam,

Younger DriveWear® lenses were launched as Activated By Transitions™ products along with the Oakley® Iridium® series of photochromic sun lenses. This last spring, we changed the Activated By Transitions® branding to SOLFX™ Transitions....so Sam, you already have the SOLFX product in your DriveWear Image.

The new Specialty Lens Corporation's iRx Polaroid SOLFX lenses differ from Younger DriveWear and Oakley Iridium SOLFX lenses because the iRx lenses are Specialty Lens Corp's gray or brown propietary polarized photochromic lenses. They have a different color space than the polarized DriveWear lenses and the Oakley lenses are not polarized but are avalaible in many iterations of colors and coatings.

SOLFX Transitions products are manufacturer specific, each product will be distinct. Color and performance will differ as will flash coatings and topcoats.

For the most up to date information go to the specific company websites for the product information and options.

I hope this helps
    Jim
    Jim Schafer

Paul Brown

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey Jim,

Is Specialty Lens Co. owned by Essilor? I believe it may be.
    **Confirmed**

Will the Specialty Lens Co. colors be much different than Essilors offerings?
    Last edited by Fezz; 06-26-2009 at 10:15 AM.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Hi Fezz,
    From what I understand, Yes, SLC is owned by Essilor but its products will remain distinct from Essilor's sun products.
    The few interactions I had on the project were all Salt Lake people and had no ties to Dallas or St. Pete.
    regards
    Jim
    Jim Schafer

Paul Brown

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Hi IndianaOD and Sam,

Younger DriveWear® lenses were launched as Activated By Transitions™ products along with the Oakley® Iridium® series of photochromic sun lenses. This last spring, we changed the Activated By Transitions® branding to SOLFX™ Transitions....so Sam, you already have the SOLFX product in your DriveWear Image.

The new Specialty Lens Corporation's iRx Polaroid SOLFX lenses differ from Younger DriveWear and Oakley Iridium SOLFX lenses because the iRx lenses are Specialty Lens Corp's gray or brown propietary polarized photochromic lenses. They have a different color space than the polarized DriveWear lenses and the Oakley lenses are not polarized but are avalaible in many iterations of colors and coatings.

SOLFX Transitions products are manufacturer specific, each product will be distinct. Color and performance will differ as will flash coatings and topcoats.

For the most up to date information go to the specific company websites for the product information and options.

I hope this helps
    Jim
    Thanks Jim.

Regards,
    Sam

Thread Information