Quote Originally Posted by OpticLabRat View Post
True~
Well OK then. The NO edgers need much, much much, more maintenance than the Santenellis. The mud build up in just one day is surprising for a "dry cut" machine. The edge polish quality is not what we think adequate. It can be touched up. The guys tell me, you have to wet the sponge before you run a polish job. Really? Before you run certain jobs you have to open it up and work on something. By the way, this still results in an inadequate luster. We have an issue where the holes are different sizes. NO says now that thick poly or trivex builds up on the bit and makes a bigger hole. "These are the best bits we have available, sorry." I have come up with a work around that works most of the time. Call that maintenance. It has not always done that. We do keep it running most of the day. So maybe more maintenance is required. I do what is recommended daily. One positive I will sight for the 7E. The drill drills at an angle, more perpendicular to most front curves. Some other high dollar drills I have used drill straight down through the lenses. Parallel to the temples. If you think about the design of these frames, you have a straight bar with prongs perpendicular. 7e method seems the create less stress on the holes. Of course the opposite is true with plano front lenses. Never bought one, never will. If I had been with the company at the time they made the choice we'd be running something else. Sorry NO. I like you guys and all. I have talked to you on many occasions about vistas and horizons. Yall are as helpful as can be, I'm just not happy with the equipment.