Thread: Is it Friday yet?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Is it Friday yet?

Bad past few days, and really need it to be Friday. Had a water leak in the ceiling last week, no big deal:hammer:, plumber came next day, all fixed. He said he thought it may have been leaking a while, but it just started dripping on the ceiling tile. It had been leaking a while, just running down the inside of the wall, all down the drywall. Ask me how I know? Monday AM, loud crash, and 4 contact lens racks fell off the wall. Molly bolts pulled right out of the wet drywall. Very nice mess first thing.

Today, my Kappa edger is stuck. A piece of poly swarf is stuck between the wheel and the front guard, and I can't free it up. Will have to come back this evening with some tools to remove the wheels.

That's the 3rd and final I hope. Can't wait for a couple brewskis on the beach Saturday, as that will make it all better till Monday....

Thanks for listening...:cheers:
    Last edited by obxeyeguy; 06-11-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Is it Friday yet?

I can see this thread going on for a while :D

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by obxeyeguy View Post
    Bad past few days, and really need it to be Friday. Had a water leak in the ceiling last week, no big deal:hammer:, plumber came next day, all fixed. He said he thought it may have been leaking a while, but it just started dripping on the ceiling tile. It had been leaking a while, just running down the inside of the wall, all down the drywall. Ask me how I know? Monday AM, loud crash, and 4 contact lens racks fell off the wall. Molly bolts pulled right out of the wet drywall. Very nice mess first thing.

Today, my Kappa edger is stuck. A piece of poly swath is stuck between the wheel and the front guard, and I can't free it up. Will have to come back this evening with some tools to remove the wheels.

That's the 3rd and final I hope. Can't wait for a couple brewskis on the beach Saturday, as that will make it all better till Monday....

Thanks for listening...:cheers:
    Drop a little acetone down on that poly chunk. Soften it up, turn on -POWIE! Flying swarf!:cheers:
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well, I found a wrench to fit the nut for the wheels. Tough spot, not much room, knuckles bleeding, can't budge it. %*#$@H^%$% !!!

Ok, calm down. Loosen up the front cover, prop it up, as it hits a bracket on my wall. Try to remove the front of the "mobile trough", yeah right, not very mobile. Can't budge it either. Hit the brace I had holding the top up, top falls, guess where my head was?

'Nuff for today, tomorrow will be better....

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'll have one {ok...5} for you tonight!

Here is to a better tomorrow!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Drop a little acetone down on that poly chunk. Soften it up, turn on -POWIE! Flying swarf!:cheers:
    Don't have any here anymore. Besides, with my luck today, I'll spill it all over the 54 cuts in my knuckles, not worried about the gash in my head.:shiner:

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Is it 7pm yet...

Off to Ticonderoga NY to golf tomorrow Saturday and Sunday. Mini tournament about 18 guys.

All winning match $ not to leave the bar except by bartender.:cheers:

Accommodations at all be it rustic but fully furnished cabins on Lake George in Silver Bay.

IS IT FRIDAY YET!!!

[Rain Rain stay away] but it never rains on a golf course!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Forget the poly, just go with your original plan, and sip a couple cold ones on the beach. ( and throw another shrimp on the barbie.)

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Tomorrow is Friday, but I have bad news. Saturday and Sunday have been cancelled.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Saga continues. Left work 30 minutes early, just a tad frustrated, go eat, come back, fix machine, go home. Not! Light up the weber for some NY style sausage (hot), with fried onions(no more peppers for my stomach), beer in hand. Ten minutes later the temp is at like 17 degrees? Full tank of gas, burners on, what the ####?

STOP! Drink beer, shut off grill, wait 5 min and re-light. Poof, everythings fine.

Dinner done, it was tasty, off to the office to see if I can free the wheel. I have the feeling that this day will never end......

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    OK,completely composed here;). Decide a new plan of attack, cut the hole larger for the drain to be able to see up under the wheels. Jig saw in hand, cuttting, cutting, not going well, 2 broken blades, foreign body in my right eye(looking up, and had on glasses), still no go, can't see squat.(one eye)

Bigger mess than ever now, but heh, I've still got a beer. Off to the depot, as I am very willing to try the acetone thing at this point.

THIS IS A TRUE STORY, AND THE NAMES ARE REAL, AS i HAVE REALLY HAD THIS AWFUL DAY!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hang in there!

Well, Buddy......I feel really bad for you! Sorry that your day went down the tubes quicker than my retirement fund with Vanguard {All $318 of it!}. I wish that I could be there to help a pal out. I am GREAT at keeping the ales flowing and the ice cubes cold for those tough times that we all face!

Liquid courage my friend....liquid courage!

I guess I better have a few more for ya tonight!

;):cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::D

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Update!!! After I removed the foreign body, took a quick trip to the depot for acetone, as Dragon suggested. Stopped off to get more liquid libations of course.

Poured some acetone on the wheel, power up, no go. repeat process, wheel starts, then stops. Repeat 5 or 6 times, half a quart of acetone, and voila!! Wheel spins!!

Note to all who try this. The inside plastic components of the Kappa don't mind acetone, the front cover does. Yes indeed, my first try, I spilled some down the front, so now there is a streak of #$#$# right down the front. Leo, did this diminish my re-sale value at all?

Fezz: Thanks buddy, but I am way older than you, and my retirement plan is still in the sh##er. So much for the 55 thing, but I really do appreciate the thought!

obx signing off, I hope. I'm getting to old for this....

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    obx signing off, I hope. I'm getting to old for this....
    Old age will not free you from life's catastrophes.

Why just this morning I broke the tip on my new Orvis ZG Helios fly rod. And don't you just know my local sporting goods dealer did not have a replacement in stock. I'll have to use another rod until the replacement comes in on Saturday.

And then to make matters worse the landscapers were mowing outside this afternoon which completely shot my siesta all to hell.

But, I feel your pain.

Occupation
    Orlando Magic lost from stupid decisions!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Don't have any here anymore. Besides, with my luck today, I'll spill it all over the 54 cuts in my knuckles, not worried about the gash in my head.:shiner:
    Well, they don't call it Cutfinder for nothing!:D
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Bad address email on file LilKim's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Don't feel bad man....the same thing happens with our POS Titan(ic). Luckily the bottom's large enough that we can use a metal file or long-handled allen wrenches to knock the chunk of poly outta there. I'd love nothing more than to dump that thing into the Arctic Ocean, to rest alongside its steamship counterpart. :hammer:"Iceberg, right ahead!"

Anyone got the $30K to put towards new parts for our Santenelli 9090 Express? LOL Someone's gotta have an extra organ they don't need....we can sell it on the black market.

Thread Information