Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please Help Us Out

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    And what happens when the glasses are right and you checked them wrong and sent the customer to the store with that wrong information causing an office look bad for something they haven't done wrong to start with???? Are you willing to call that customer and let them know it is all your fault?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What do you do Gok? Scribble on a piece of paper to give the patient your findings? Do you not verify problem Rx's filled outside your office? What form do you fill out? If you're wrong, do you have a form that lists the errors and sign it for a chain of accountability that leads back to you if you were in error?

Just FYI; Most of the participating optician that contributed to this project were AC or ABOM. There was little participation during this exploratory experiment. It was to help with licensure efforts in a non licensed state. If nothing else, it gave you a form to professionally document a patient's Rx as filled, by whomever, even yourself. The project is over anyway.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    What do you do Gok? Scribble on a piece of paper to give the patient your findings? Do you not verify problem Rx's filled outside your office? What form do you fill out? If you're wrong, do you have a form that lists the errors and sign it for a chain of accountability that leads back to you if you were in error?

Just FYI; Most of the participating optician that contributed to this project were AC or ABOM. There was little participation during this exploratory experiment. It was to help with licensure efforts in a non licensed state. If nothing else, it gave you a form to professionally document a patient's Rx as filled, by whomever, even yourself. The project is over anyway.
    I am not sure if you read my message correct. I am all for better service and research but what makes someone qualified to check an Rx and determine it is correct or not? I get 7-8 phone calls everyday from ODs and Opticians stating the Rx they received is incorrect. Guess what after spending 10 minutes on the phone with them it turns out they don't know how to check the Rx on FreeForm lenses. That's what makes me worry about someone telling my customer the Rx is made wrong!

Thread Information