Thread: 299

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Ok, so some of you opticians will be pleased I resorted to seeing a local dealer. I've grown so exhausted with my search and it showed in my purchase yesterday. I bought frames for 299.00, I falsely assumed they were Silhouettes because that is what I've seen in most shops over the years and these looked like Silhouettes. Well I got home and start feeling nervous, thinking how the sales person didn't talk to me at all about warranty, as a matter of fact, getting info at all was like pulling teeth, I should have left then but I've been looking for glasses for a while. So I call them back after and ask if they were Silhouettes, the manager said, "no". I asked what they were and she said they didn't have a name. Should I be worried?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Please review again:

"This forum is for Eyecare Professionals. Consumers are allowed to post in the Just Conversation forum and non-optical topics only. Please be aware that any questions involving optics or eyecare may be removed. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation."

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation

I'm starting to lose my fear of internet glasses. You guys aren't really interested in helping anyone.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    And you aren't particularly interested in following the rules. I'm sure there are qualified ECP's in Maine who are more than willing to help you.

OptiBoard is a network of Eye Care Professionals not a clearing house of information for consumers.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Honestly, I wasn't purposely ignoring your rules. I find the wording of the guidelines awkward and so I misunderstood. Take the post down, makes no difference to me. Like a secret society to keep the info hoarded so the consumer doesn't know what's going on and is at your mercy. All I know is I don't have a lot of money for mistakes, I want a pair glasses that are good and if I have to deal with an optician or sales person I want them to not have a shriveled heart.
    Last edited by smiladon; 06-09-2009 at 11:45 AM.

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    http://www.silhouette.com/html/searc...gionName=Maine

To find a Silhouette dealer in Maine.

It is then up to you to find a reputable optician that you will trust with you vision.
    A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Thread Information