Thread: Book Review-A Lady First

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Book Review-A Lady First

Don't let the title scare you away..."A Lady First", by Letitia Baldridge, is a book youll be able to buy, and then write the whole cost off as a business expense. No sex, murders, scandals, or dirt (although I'm sure she could) here. Just an interesting story that really shows how much potential we all have.

This true story is about a lady that lived (is still living) a life most of us will only dream about. Diplomatic assignments in post-war Europe, assistant to Jackie Kennedy, head of PR at Tiffany's in NY, on to Chicago to run her own company, author of over 20 books... It's not an overly exciting book, but it's an easy read that leaves you itching to get back to the office to try out some of her publicity grabbing ideas on your own shop. It also reminds us about how simply it can be to attain, nurture, and profit from realtionships, simply by being genuine and polite.

This is not a business , or an etiquette book; it's the biography of a truly classy woman. She does a bit of horn blowing, a lot of name dropping, but at her age, and her accomlishments, she got the right.

I'm going request that my entire staff read this one.

Master OptiBoarder sandeepgoodbole's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Re: Book Review-A Lady First

Originally posted by Johns
    Don't let the title scare you away..."A Lady First", by Letitia Baldridge, is a book youll be able to buy, and then write the whole cost off as a business expense. No sex, murders, scandals, or dirt (although I'm sure she could) here. Just an interesting story that really shows how much potential we all have.

This true story is about a lady that lived (is still living) a life most of us will only dream about. Diplomatic assignments in post-war Europe, assistant to Jackie Kennedy, head of PR at Tiffany's in NY, on to Chicago to run her own company, author of over 20 books... It's not an overly exciting book, but it's an easy read that leaves you itching to get back to the office to try out some of her publicity grabbing ideas on your own shop. It also reminds us about how simply it can be to attain, nurture, and profit from realtionships, simply by being genuine and polite.

This is not a business , or an etiquette book; it's the biography of a truly classy woman. She does a bit of horn blowing, a lot of name dropping, but at her age, and her accomlishments, she got the right.

I'm going request that my entire staff read this one.
    Dear Johns,
    What is the year of Publication? I will have to explore if it's available in India if it's very recent.Otherwise, we have good libraries.

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Oct 2001 is the publication date.
    If you click HERE You should go to Amozom UK and the book its self.

Thread Information